phillips 315w LEC with D-Papillon reflector

The hydro i got in the 90's kicked fucking ass , still yet to see better commercial gear then i did during the mid/late 90's .

You sound like a internet hero , all theory and no hands on  practice . 

I think you should stop reading about growing and actually try growing some cannabis for yourself , you might be surprised at what you can produce .

lol, Internet hero now.

Ridiculous, no one here has given a single fucking reason for why HPS is so great...  all I'm getting is really weak insults, heh.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

lol, Internet hero now.

Ridiculous, no one here has given a single fucking reason for why HPS is so great...  all I'm getting is really weak insults, heh.

Surely someone that reads as much in the internet about lighting would of worked that out by now ? 

HPS have been around for 30+ years because it fucking works . Period ! No one has says they are great , we just pointed out you can grow great frosty buds and great results under hps .

The technology here is new therefor fucking expensive not many people can afford 1300$ on a light when they know a  $ 300 digi ballast will do a great job  . I am grateful FIWH has posted his experience and honest evaluation  

You can blame your light , but your weak results could be due to a number of things genetics , environment ,   etc..

Spend $1300 on alight to realize your piss poor results are from other factors . 

• Upvote 3

If its going to cost over 1300 of the the buds are going to be The-best-buds-I-have-ever-grown.  I'd probably even say so if they weren't after tossing the moolah around like so lol  Thhhhhheeeee Chooicest buds most definitely ;)

IF one was the price of an hps I'd try to buy one but it isn't and I can't....but I have thought about the heat and lecky bills so when ballast buying time comes I'll do some maths.  They do sounnd like an awesome light though, I just dislike the 'nestle pod' business stance that's bogus, I can buy a fair few 400w hps bulbs from around the place.  so many factors i s'pose

Peace

Faith :sun:

Surely someone that reads as much in the internet about lighting would of worked that out by now ? 

HPS have been around for 30+ years because it fucking works . Period ! No one has says they are great , we just pointed out you can grow great frosty buds and great results under hps .

The technology here is new therefor fucking expensive not many people can afford 1300$ on a light when they know a  $ 300 digi ballast will do a great job  . I am grateful FIWH has posted his experience and honest evaluation  

You can blame your light , but your weak results could be due to a number of things genetics , environment ,   etc..

Spend $1300 on alight to realize your piss poor results are from other factors . 

I don't need to spend $1300 because I know that modern MH bulbs that companies like Sol Tek and Sunmaster make are superior to HPS for horticulture. Sorry that you don't know this and have been growing leggy deficient plants for the last 30 years.

Edited by pegz
  • Downvote 3

I don't need to spend $1300 because I know that modern MH bulbs that companies like Sol Tek and Sunmaster make are superior to HPS for horticulture. Sorry that you don't know this and have been growing leggy deficient plants for the last 30 years.

Metal halide and high pressure sodium lights work great together in horticulture. Using MH during veg because of the right spectrum need during veg, then when flower change to HPS for same reason. Pretty sure that's the right order.

Haze

• Upvote 2

Metal halide and high pressure sodium lights work great together in horticulture. Using MH during veg because of the right spectrum need during veg, then when flower change to HPS for same reason. Pretty sure that's the right order.

Haze

That's the standard practice, personally I think it's out dated and based on false concepts about plants, about lights, etc. I'm not the only one that thinks this way. If this pisses people off so be it. lol

That's the standard practice, personally I think it's out dated and based on false concepts about plants, about lights, etc. I'm not the only one that thinks this way. If this pisses people off so be it. lol

It's quiet simple really, hydroponics is all about providing the plant with the same ideal conditions outdoors. Ect ventilation, also scientiest have proven the change in light spectrum the sun produces, ie noticing the change from winter and summer. This then takes me back to what I said before "hydroponics is all about providing the plant with the same ideal conditions outdoors"

respect your opinion though mate.

Haze