Bad Mood Swings!

When coming off anti depressants always wean off slowly or real permanent damage can be done.

An awful lot of people seem to have adverse reactions to Hydro-grown cannabis. It was especially the case in the early days of hydro 15-20 years ago and is still the case with some weed grown for profit without regards to the safety for end users.

This is NOT a shot at the concept of hydro growing, nothing wrong per se with that, only a comment on the implementation of the technology by some dubious growers.

About 16 years ago as hydro was just kicking in there was a particular bad batch that hit melbourne. Myself and a few mates decided it was dodgy and tasted strange, causing headaches radical mood swings and irrational behaviour amongst some people using it. We had a sample run through a mass spectrometer at a friendly lab and it came out as 68% BY MASS of chemical fertilisers, pesticides and growth promoting substances such as steroids, hormones and antibiotics.

The upshot being if you take canna out of the picture and just smoke a cocktail of the above mentioned chemicals you don't have to be a brain surgeon to work out the results and coming off the chemicals produces a form of withdrawal usually accompanied by depression and aggression. If mixed with the intake of alcohol it is a recipe for disaster. A lot of the smell of so called "Skunk" is the chemicals used to grow it.

Hydro grown with liquid organic fertilisers like seaweed extract and worm liquid from a worm farm and properly flushed before harvest does not cause the adverse side effects of the dirty hydro and does not have the chemical smell to it. If you are having the adverse effects change your supplier or the chemicals you are using to grow it. Above all know what you are putting in your mouth.

iery littlbit

i see the light of what your sayin

seen

chemical sux

gotta love every word of that

do not use Hydroponic at all, the chemicals used in the growing

what about Organic Hydro??????????

or biodynamic hydro???????????

actually cannabis plants can not eat chemicals

all plants can only eat nutrient salts

which is produced by microbal activity in the soil

in the case of hydro

chemists make the nutrient salts some from orgabic sources and some synthectly in a lab

true

but please lets me assure you

100% all hydro nutrients are essentially salts

not chemicals

or

in the case of organic hydro

natrue can make nutrient salts prefict for hydro via worm farms and fish farms

when you link either of the two systems to hydroponics you get Aquaponics and Virmaponics

both are considered strictly organic

the chemicals used in the growing

do you mean chemical pesticides and fungisides ect?????????

well

imho

many outdoor farmers use the same chemical protection

i tend to think

there is more outdoor grown with these chemical practices

than indoor

this is a common problem

thats why they recomend a withholding period before consumption

but no one polices it

and so it an honour systen

i wont trust dat

the only sollution is DTY

grow your own

know you own

they do not flush no matter how well the grower tries to flush those out

flushing is essenchal for all potted plants

hydro or soil

a flush is to wash away all the unused water solluble nutrient salts that build up in the pot to toxic levels

if it is performed correctly

it will work 100%

everytime

please dont get me wrong

i grow strictly 100% organic

i prefier outdoor

for me jah sun rulez

but i still gotta love hydro

yes outdoor virmaponics

biodynamic even

are the practices i adhear too

seen

i hafe agree

100%

stay away from chemials

irey guidance

radic I also include growth hormones, plus all you have mentioned. now we would be better asking lightning about the stats but according to everything I have read and the complete difference in ground organic to hydro to me is night and day I know what Hydro did to me and it was not pleasant and poor lightning had to put up with me until it left my system that took some time and I believe that would be because we have receptors within us that will hang on to the properties in the canna.(that is but a guess on my part and I have no proof, but I do believe it makes sense)

Also I do know that canna will hold on like no other plant to anything it is grown with, according to all the information and since no matter what people do with hydro it still contains far too many chemicals to even consider using safely anyone who uses this stuff is completely mad. Oh yeah that includes anything else grown hydroponically and please remember we now have heaps of vegies in the shops that are grown that way and I for one do not trust that they would flush correctly nor do I trust that all the chemicals are removed even when flushed.

Again my opinion and in this area I bow to the experts except for personal experience where for me an aspie it really does do your head in.

An awful lot of people seem to have adverse reactions to Hydro-grown cannabis. It was especially the case in the early days of hydro 15-20 years ago and is still the case with some weed grown for profit without regards to the safety for end users.

This is NOT a shot at the concept of hydro growing, nothing wrong per se with that, only a comment on the implementation of the technology by some dubious growers.

About 16 years ago as hydro was just kicking in there was a particular bad batch that hit melbourne. Myself and a few mates decided it was dodgy and tasted strange, causing headaches radical mood swings and irrational behaviour amongst some people using it. We had a sample run through a mass spectrometer at a friendly lab and it came out as 68% BY MASS of chemical fertilisers, pesticides and growth promoting substances such as steroids, hormones and antibiotics.

Hydroponics is simply a technique of growing that provides all the nutrients a plant needs. It is misleading to refer to it as "chemicals". It is fertilizer; the same fertilizer that has been used in commercial farming for decades. The only difference is that it is dissolved in water with trace element (that occur naturally in balanced soil anyway). Hydroponic farming produces a wide variety of the veges most of you consume on a daily basis (lettuces, tomatoes e.t.c.). Anyone getting lettuce psychosis? If someone has any evidence that hydroponic growing is dangerous to human health I'm happy to be proved wrong.

We had a sample run through a mass spectrometer at a friendly lab and it came out as 68% BY MASS of chemical fertilisers, pesticides and growth promoting substances such as steroids, hormones and antibiotics.

Pesticides could be a problem and it one of the reasons I grow my own. I know nothing about steroids, growth hormones e.t.c. so can't comment. Again the term "chemical" fertilizers is emotive and misleading. Not trying to have a go at you but i am just sick of hearing this argument.

A lot of the smell of so called "Skunk" is the chemicals used to grow it.

When I changed from hydro to organic a couple of years ago I used the same cloned variety that i grew hydro and grew it organic. There was no change in growth habit or smell. There was a difference in taste but it was essentially exactly the same. There was no difference in the effect.

Like Radic, I choose to grow organic (gotta love that :peace: ) but hydro should be a fine product if done properly.

littlbit

i totally love where your comming from

seen

your experience is valid

nuff raspect

i believe your right

hydro is not for you

but thats is a personal experance

and there may be other factors involved that we dont know about here

one ting we do know is

cannabis effects different people in different ways

i aggree with you

stay away from chemicals

seen

i practice strictly organic methords of cultivation too

i am even qualified

i studdied hydro at agg collage

i majored in hordiculture, market gardening, small cropping,

i ran a scientific test for 2yrs

mono culture<--standard chemical recomended farming

hyrdo<-- standard general hydro nutrients

and organic

side by side

and a monnitor plot <--- i did nothing to except seed

the produce of which i called wild and crafted

seen

testsed all the produce for chemical residue and nutrient content at a uni

i did not know at that time that organic hydro was possible

so i thourt like you

hydro might well have chemical residues

my lecturors explained that this simply can not be

as the years rolled by i gained more of an overstanding why

:thumbsup:

they all thourt i was the organic nut from nimbin

well

my research concluded that organic rulez hands down in almost every test we ran

except the vitamine content test

organic was second to wild and crafted

as i explained before there are no chemicals used to produce hydro so

as expected

there was no chemical residue in any of the hydro produce

hydro came out second to organic in most other tests

where organic lost big time was in yield

hydro out produced all by 3 to 1

i could produce three hydro harvests in the same time as 1 harvest in the soil

so for farmers hydro rulez

however

there was lots of chemical residue in the mono culture produce

which is the standard out door chemical farming practices

growth hormones are more used out door in the soil

and there are organic sources of hormones available

i never tested for them

they we not so popular then

what i am saying is that

out door soil grown cannabis

is just as polluted,<--- if not more

than hydro

the best way to deal with that is to

grow your own

irey guidance

radic it well may be my experience, and perhaps the hydro I had was really dirty it was early days for me and we had not sourced good supply at the time and could not grow.

Of course we are not growing right now awaiting court hearing and all that, however when I do mostly I just throw the seeds into the ground and let them do their thing. I love my vegies and herbs to grow that way were possible.

We have a friend who grows organic hydro it appears to be much better, for me however I am still wanting my natural bush bud.

Thank you for informing me just a bit more, I am learning more about this plant and how it works. :thumbsup:

I get a bit like that at times but the people are right i used to get like it without weed just life just gotta look at the bright side of things no matter how done u get brother stay around the people who make ya happy an try keeping urself occupied i find alot of people get too far into smoking and lose alot of the interests in they lives that u have b4 remember when u young u can always find something fun to do even without a cent i reckon we gotta hold on to that...If that dont work light the goodness an kick back haha that what it was put on the earth for fucc what the law say they try ban anything

Radic, as you said most of the chemicals are used in standard outdoor mono culture commercial growing techniques, (how the corporations grow most of our food). The sample I referenced was early days of hydro where some unscrupulous growers were using these same chemicals to force grow canna for market, some wankers are still doing so and endangering end users in the process. The mineral salts you speak of in high concentration is the same as the high levels of mineral salts found in "junk food" whether you consumer foods or buds with high mineral salt concentrations it has the same effect on the body it stuffs up the system.

The chem load in the sample was outrageous. The point is that while many people do grow well and clean with organic hydro etc. many others do not they are in it for the money with no respect for the end user or the plant and force grow with chemicals to try to increase yield/time for profit.

That garbage is ending up on the streets and being sold to kids who don't know enough to stay safe.

and are unaware of dangers of chemically tainted herb. The chemicals cause the negative side effects and the plant gets the blame.

Many of the accusations against the herb are due to the lack of quality control on the streets.

As I said in my earlier post, if people are having the radical mood swings, depression etc. maybe the cause is the the way the herb was grown(chem) rather than the herb itself. Good clean organic bud, be it hydro or ground grown, does not cause those side effects. Chemically tainted bud does.

Edited by lightning