Bad Mood Swings!

i've been gettting really bad mood swings since i've cut down on smoking pot (probably 1 weekend in a month). somedays i always think about committing suicide and other days it's like i'm so happy that i smile for no reason (this is when i'm not stoned). it's really weird. there wierd dream stage of getting off pot is over but the mood swings are a bummer (espcially the bad days). am i just depressed or it because i'm not getting stoned?? anyone have a similar experience coz og getting off weed??

Your brain does get used to the artificial high produced by dope, and it makes sense to assume that in some people there will be pschological withdrawal. I used to find that the day after i had a smoke, if I was straight, I would be very cranky and agitated, but that also had something to do with the strains I smoked. Now days I stick to 'uppy' sativas that leave me fine the next day.

I would try and tough it out for at least a month more, if it keeps happening I would seek medical help, because there is a causal link between dope and brain /mind problems in some people.

I have known people who are schizophrenic and who smoked shitloads when they were young, before they showed symptoms. It's really tragic to see mates inside pysch wards after they have gone nuts. Who knows if they would have developed the condition if they had not smoked? Hard to know, they would probably always have been predisposed but....

Anyway indo, don't end up a fruit loop over a bit of weed. If it messes with you give it up and get help. But also check on the shit you smoke when you do smoke.

P.S Have you given up anything else as well at the same time?

Guest Babybear

I think deepends on the person Before they start smoke , if they allready had depresion probs or a substance dependence prob

i have allways had depression , not really that bad, was worse after i had PND weed Helped but it was more gettin suport from my loved ones that pulled me threw, But i know when i was heavy smoker, (1/4 hydro a week) that when i was out for a few days i was like in hell, mood swings, couldnt eat couldnt sleep , it was hell...

but over time with lookin after my mental well been an realizin that its me makin self better not weed , i found that i can go days with out it ..

I contain myself to jsut cones after 8pm now , for many reasons why , parents / kids , Great reason.

I have completly worked out how to sleep without it if i know i dont have weed for the nite i do lots of stuff in day to make self tired at nite so can sleep without it.

i think if u have any slight mental/depresion or somethin similar probs weed will either make worse or hide it , But usally when u get back of the high u be as bad or worse if u contain it to much

:) not sure if this make sence to anyone eles :) but i tryed to keep in makin sence

Most males i know get bad mood swings when they dont have weed, Mabie men are more depending to habbit formin

good advice Expansion..i would not let my mental health suffer either....ask for help,Indo but do some research before you let anyone put you on anti - depressants. I've seen people get messed up on those things, me included. I was on Zoloft for a few weeks and turned into a wreck. That's just my two cents worth :) Edited by pixel

Guest niall

"Acute and chronic cannabis exposure has been associated with subjective feelings of pleasure and relaxation, but also to the onset of psychiatric syndromes, a decrease of the efficacy of neuroleptics and alterations in the extrapyramidal system regulation of motor activity. These actions point to a tight association of the cannabinoid system with the brain dopaminergic circuits involved in addiction, the clinical manifestation of positive symptoms of schizophrenia and Parkinson's disease."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...t_uids=15111259

So yes, cannabis most probably affects your dopamine - it may take a while for your body to adapt and return to producing normal levels. Get stuck into exercise and a familiar routine to help your body get back to normal, and definitly see your Doctor if your depression gets any further than occasional, normal thoughts or it lasts for more than a few weeks. Withdrawal from cannabis is pretty mild, but it's there...

Speak to your doctor if you're feeling depressed, and it appears to be happening regularly. If you take a full absinence from drugs, and you're still feeling shitty and down after a few weeks, then you can be fairly sure it wasn't that IMO.

But really, speak to a doctor or mental health professional about depression. It's a silent destroyer of lives in this country, an epidemic is occuring and it's being ignored.... :)

Whether it's chemical, pharmacological, or psychological in nature, you're doctor is the best person to see. :)

Guest Babybear
I beleive that while there is selfish ppl out there war hate fear , the shit ppl do onto other an long list of others , While that crap go on there will allways be depresion , studys shown that Antidepresents Are not a cure but numb the effects of depresion , not a help just a bainaid they alter the way your brain works an how u are effected by emotion,

depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain, nothing more and nothing less.

My mrs takes Zoloft because she goes fucking mental without it,

My 9 yr old has been on zoloft for a few years now, He used to always be crying and talking aboput killing himself.

he has Aspergers.

I have to take a type of anti-depressant because its used to control the pain in my body.

Where I went fucking mental over the last few months was mixing speed with pot and antidepressants. They really dont mix well.

Anyways its noones fault that someone gets depressed it is simply the chemicals are in the wrong balance in the brain and antidepressants dont BANDAID it at all., They balance out the levels and stop the depression.

Ok...yes some of these drugs really help people, and I agree Luke, doctor is the best person to talk to...and I'm glad your lady is doing well Ferengel I really am (and your child), but in my job I've seen alot of kids put on dexamphets SSRIs and benzos, and all I can say is there has been some bad prescribing in some of these cases.

Kids are getting mixed messages...on one hand they are told drugs are bad....then on the other they are given drugs to be "normal". I've done alot of research into this because I had to write assignments, and what the big pharmaceutical companies tell us isn't always for our own good, but they make a fortune regardless..it's a huge industry.

*runs and hides in the corner* :) :)

PS I can't agree that depression isalways a result of brain chemistry...it's often a result of poor health, grief, and a plethora of other things.

Edited by pixel

Guest Babybear
Its also inheritaded to , unfornatualy my dads family an stuff all suposly little lopy in one way or another , Pretty sad really , we not to bay my dads other family is really fucked up co co ppl , but hey it leads back throguht the genoration (depresion an other probs) :) so mabie next time your thinkin this person could be my child bearer for life an lover mabie should sus it out before