Bad Mood Swings!

I was engaged to a man that I :thumbsup: very much. He was everything in my world even a great Dad.

He has been smoking cannabis for 10 years.

In the last 3 years of the relationship his mood swings started to kick in when he started smoking more.

He smoked this pure in a pipe.

In the last year of the relationship moods were violent he locked him self away with his computer didn't want to talk to anyone, didn't want to do anything for anyone unless he had 3 pipes before. No trust and no memory of current affairs.

I don't know that much about cannabis and the effects so correct me if I’m wrong.

It ruined our relationship and his life of being a very caring father and future husband.

Mood swings included depression, the feeling the world is against you, not being able to listen to loud noises for instance children laughing or music, violent outburst, not being able to hold a conversations or be with other people.

I would say maybe having a joint with your friends is ok, but when you’re on 10 to 15 a day. I would be careful, he is currently living in house that he has trashed the doors walls and ceiling with his moods.

star

that is so sad

i am sorrie to hear that

if i may say without offending anyone

IMO

your loved one is suffering and has been for along time now

scientests say THC is anti syhcotic anti depresent

thats gotta be good for your man,

than without even knowing it,

or may be he does,

but

cannabis is his medicine

and he is self-medicating

now

if his symptens get worse he may well need to increase his dose rate

seen

i dont believe it is possible to smoke nuff to feel the medicinal effects to the fullest benifett

for me, it is better to eat it

i suffer from chronic pain

and maybe that is his problem

under dose himself

not nuff medicine at the right time

ironic as it soundz

my partner and i have seven children we have been together for 20y

and i feel that cannabis has keept we together saved my faimly from sudden distruction countless times

in as many ways

every day i hafe give thanx and praize for the blessing of cannabis

please

dont get me wrong

i do believe what your saying

cannabis works different for different people suffering from the same ailment

i have seen this with me very own eyes

and i overstand

there is allways the exception to the rule

however

it may help you feel better to know this

the stats clearly show no increase in mental disability in australia that corralates with the increase of cannabis consumption since the sixties when it first became popular in australia

no corrilation whatsoever

and just to be sure

check the stats of any other country

that is concrete proof

cannabis will not induce mental disabilities

i have used Cannabis Tincture with a lot of success for treating mood swing

yes it works fast

astill some danger is there

like the alcohol is poison too much yuck, alcohol OD will kill

so for a long term treatment i would prefier to use cookies

tho is more slow and harder to get the dose right

once your get it right

it is lots eze pon the body long term

heal the people

heal the land

Blessed Love

To the people who suffer from extreme mood swings -it is possible that you suffer from Bipolar Spectrum Disorder

I do and have since very young

I medicate with Cannabis and until recently I did not know what was wrong with me

I have only just started seriously medicating myself , using fairly large doses of Ganga (do yah mind me calling it that?) tincture regularly

and I tell you, for me, the results are nothing short of life-saving

it helps me stop a intense depressive swing in a matter of minutes and feel normal and functional

lots of people kill themselves on this disease

I used to self-harm, have extreme eating and non-eating habits, do reckless life threatening things, just to mention a few symptoms and since I have used Herb, I have had a large family and love still lives in it ,despite my disease!!!!!

I doesn't take away the symptoms altogether, just softens the intensity so I and others can live with me and I appear normal - "present well" on my good days

On my bad days I have to sleep more, hide my head in a book or in the garden and find it hard to talk to people outside my immediate family, yet with Herbs help, I can still parent my children (with my partners help)

I have developed some creative traits, with the help of my partner (you may know him - Radic) (love you darling :-))

and now, with a team of health and welfare workers, I have high hopes of professional musical work, study and a fully functional life.....all this for a women, who at 16, was picked uo by the cops with a bleeding wrist and told by them "you'll be dead within a couple of yrs", -20yrs, 7children and a full blown love affair with the father to my credit (actually more my beloved Radic's credit, the life-saving herb and the Grace of OmniPresence)

I prefer tincture as when I am feeling crazy, I don't have the patience or the energy to roll joints and I don't enjoy smoking that much anyway, and I find the pain-quelling qualities of the alcohol helps too, but I have to put it in hot tea or the alcohol hurts my liver, one day we'll get around to making the stronger extract, oh and eating hash oil straight works really well too....

I too bury myself in on-line forums and have been happier being able to talk about my illness, and what I have learned

I have a sense of peace, knowing what it is that is wrong with me and what I can harm-minimumly do for myself to keep myself livable with and have a sense of normalcy, functionality, improved health and hope

Here is a link to some scientific info about treating Bipolar and other nerve and brain disorders with Cannabis

http://www.letfreedomgrow.com/articles/poll021120.htm

another thing I learned today

Hemp seed oil has essential oils for brain and hormone function that help one create naturally occuring endo-cannabinoils, called thus as they hace recently been discovered and the do what Cannabis does for us, and that is balance and regulate EVERY SYSTEM IN THE BODY

I will post youtube link shortly

Edited by I-Sis Nyah

Just a quick one (a little off topic).

When cannabis is used as a medicine you will notice that one doesn't feel the psychoactive properties as much as when it is used purely for recreation. My wife and I use cannabis primarily as medicine. Myself, for chronic pain and depression mainly. I consume a fair amount of cannabis everyday but I'm not high or stoned all day. Cannabis works in the way the body and mind needs it most.

:D

i dunno if it's withdrawl...guess i haven't been smoking long enough to know. but THC does effect the dopemine in your brain.

basicly dopemine levels are kinda weird. it breaks down kinda like this

too little ->parkinsons

just right->normal

a little too much ->paranoia, highs, disorientation, depression (different for everyone)

way too much-> schizophrenia or schizophrenic-like symptoms

so in theory when you stop smoking, your dopemine levels will go back down to normal. but if you're say, taking something that effects endorphines, THAT could be the problem. endorphines are the chemical in your brain that make you happy and feel loved. chocolate releases a small amount, and when you're injured it also releases a small amount (which is one of the reasons some people become addicted to self-injury or even tattooing...there's a bit of a high in it). E will make endorphines release in a huge amount.

the problem is the part of your brain that makes endorphines can burn out. too few/too little endorphines results in depression. if you do a lot of E, you can wind up with depression pretty bad after a while.

i don't know if marijuana releases endorphines...i don't THINK it does, but i might be wrong.

chocolate has cannabinoils in it

i don't know if marijuana releases endorphines...i don't THINK it does, but i might be wrong.

check these clips from scientists like Robert Melamede,PhD and Raphael Mechoulam,PhD

Endo-Cannabinoid system regulates the balancing of every system in the body

homostatictly balanced endorphine system soundz irey to me

Cannabis & Cannabinoids,by Robert Melamede,PhD

On this video filmed in 2006, Dr. Robert Melamede, Professor of Biology at the University of Colorado,

explains how the body's Endo-Cannabinoid system

(and plant based Cannabinoids as suppliment) kills cancer cells and inhibits tumor growth.

seen

its about cancer

but the Endo-Cannabinoid system is well explained

dis 1 is about PSTD

which involves mood swings and deperssion

Cannabinoid System in Neuroprotection, Raphael Mechoulam,PhD

Professor at Hebrew University in Jerusalem,

Dr. Mechoulam describes the role of Cannabinoids as anti-inflammatory for arthritis,

as neuroprotectant for brain injury and as a possible treatment for PTSD.

Dr. Mechoulam first isolated THC in 1964.

Conference hosted by Patients Out of Time. DVDs are available.

http://MedicalCannabis.com

irey guidance

Edited by Radic

Just a couple of corrections, some from the old posts from 04.

The chemical imbalance thing has been proven wrong, it is something pharma made up to sell their shoddy products. Under the freedom of information act, researchers got the information of the studies submitted to the FDA and concluded antidepressants have no more effect then placebo except in extremely depressed patients it has a minor effect.

They also can damage your heart. I had this symptom for months after I stopped taking them where I would get pulses sort of in my brain and heart throughout the day. Thankfully it has gone away now, but just realise antidepressants are terrible. I'd much sooner recommend taking Ketamine which has actually been proven to cure depression directly for weeks to months at a time.

Cannabis does not interact with the dopamine in your brain. Your brain may release dopamine because that is what can make it pleasurable, and make you want to do it again, but so far there is no proof that Cannabis causes dopamine to be released directly. Maybe why it's not so addictive?

To me it sounds like the OP has bipolar and coming off weed just made the problem untreated. If you're still here, I suggest smoking again. I'm not a doctor, but it's not like a doctor is going to give you an unbiased answer anyway so....

Edited by luciddreaming

F20

My 9 yr old has been on zoloft for a few years now, He used to always be crying and talking aboput killing himself.

he has Aspergers.

Just to clear something up no one gets asperger it is not a disease it is a different wiring of the brain, we aspies are a different species to NT's, asperger syndrome cannot be cured, we just are.

Those of us who are asperger know that any antidepressant or mind altering pharmaceutical will in fact work opposite to how they work on NT's, they will send us into depression quicker than anything else and make us aggressive, no Asperger should ever be put on these drugs they are very dangerous to us.

For everyone who is dealing with mood swings, depression etc while using cannabis, do not use Hydroponic at all, the chemicals used in the growing stay in cannabis they do not flush no matter how well the grower tries to flush those out. One of the reasons this plant is so good for the ground is that is cleans any nasties in the ground and does not release them, therefore you should never use a plant that has been grown with chemicals or used to clean up an area.

Mind altering drugs provided by the pharmaceuticals are by their very nature dangerous, anyone using them should do so for very short periods, those who are aspie must never take them regardless of the medical profession. See Sam's story I do believe it is on this site contact me if you cannot find it I have a copy on my PC. Has your wife been diagnosed Asperger? I ask only because this in hereditary so it is either her or you and you need to find out and given her mood swings, not being able to live without zoloft I would suggest she is the one, if so she needs to get off those also.

Do not accept my word although lightning will attest to the fact that this was me years ago, I found out for myself by hours of internet research and proving that the medical profession was doing me more damage with their drugs and causing permanent mental problems now being reversed by my use of canna.

Hang in there you will get passed this, but do get that child of those things before they kill him.

Edited by littlbit