Vape or Bong, What am i doing wrong?

Hey guys. Great thread. I'm looking at buying a vaporizer and switching from bongs. I agree that the most addictive/harmful element is the bloody 'baccy. 

I need a decent vape (other than the Volcano) that will be a relatively easy transition. I've researched alot of sites and found "F#$# Combustion.com" and "vapecritic" the best.

However I'm struggling to choose the best Vape for me. Narrowed it down to the Silver Surfer, the Plenty and the Vapexhale Cloud.

Anyone tried any of these? What's the smoothest? Most economical? Most like taking a bong? I woud appreciate any feedback, pros and cons of each model. Cheers guys.

At the end of the day comparing any vape to any bong is pointless.  Its like comparing smoking it to eating it, they're completely different beasts even when you use the same gear and there is nothing that can change that.  So what you need is a vaporizer that heats the plant material quickly and efficiently while maintaining a near constant temperature for the best results.  If you heat it too slow the vapor won't be thick enough, partial vaporization means you miss out on lots of goodness and a highly fluctuating temperature can really mess everything up.  A lot of those issues come down to buying the right vape, the others user experience, but its really a combination no matter which way you go.  You need to learn things like the right temperatures to use for the right kinds of strains, how finely to chop up, how densely to pack the vape, etc. which all really depend on the vape you get.  That might sound silly especially in relation to temperature but setting the vape to 210c doesn't mean the plant material will hit that every single time or even a single time for that matter.  It could be hotter, it could be colder, you just don't know how things are going to go for you until you give it a shot.

Personally I recommend the arizer extreme q as its the best I've used but I'm sure you'll make the most out of what ever vape you get should you fall in love with it enough to stay off the bongs.

Hi Ozzietoker, 

Hi I ve been vaping for about 5 years, using a Vaporgenie, its a pipe style, vape, with uses a Lighter as a heat source, I find them easy to use, very stealth, and very effective, and also very economical and affordable.

http://www.vaporgenie.com/vaporizers/classic

I m a reseller here in Australia, and i have just a order just about to arrive in the next couple of days, i have plain(maple,ash,oak) ones coming, and painted ones(black,red,blue,green,yellow) and a couple of lighters(black)

I retail them for 69.95 plus shipping, Ill throw in a few spare screens and a spare mouth piece and some stickers as a Ozstoners special.

Pm me for further details..

the vapes you listed, are way over priced imo,

hope this helps

Vape4life

Cheers mate. Been looking at that 1 for portability and will end up getting a portable AS WELL. Iv'e just read so many great things about the 3 I mentioned. I'm looking at hooking 1 up to a waterfilter/bong to make the vapor cooler on my throat, and to make the transition from smoking easier. Has anyone hooked up an SSV to a waterpipe? If so what attachments - if any do I need?

At the end of the day comparing any vape to any bong is pointless.  Its like comparing smoking it to eating it, they're completely different beasts even when you use the same gear and there is nothing that can change that.  So what you need is a vaporizer that heats the plant material quickly and efficiently while maintaining a near constant temperature for the best results.  If you heat it too slow the vapor won't be thick enough, partial vaporization means you miss out on lots of goodness and a highly fluctuating temperature can really mess everything up.  A lot of those issues come down to buying the right vape, the others user experience, but its really a combination no matter which way you go.  You need to learn things like the right temperatures to use for the right kinds of strains, how finely to chop up, how densely to pack the vape, etc. which all really depend on the vape you get.  That might sound silly especially in relation to temperature but setting the vape to 210c doesn't mean the plant material will hit that every single time or even a single time for that matter.  It could be hotter, it could be colder, you just don't know how things are going to go for you until you give it a shot.

Personally I recommend the arizer extreme q as its the best I've used but I'm sure you'll make the most out of what ever vape you get should you fall in love with it enough to stay off the bongs.

Thanx 4 the input. I realise that essentially vaping is a different beast, I'm just looking for a Vape that will make the transition easiest for me. extreme q was on my list but after much research i narrowed it down to the 3 I mentioned.

Thanx 4 the input. I realise that essentially vaping is a different beast, I'm just looking for a Vape that will make the transition easiest for me. extreme q was on my list but after much research i narrowed it down to the 3 I mentioned.

There is no transition period, just one of acceptance that the life of bongs is long gone :(

There is no transition period, just one of acceptance that the life of bongs is long gone :(

Yes I know that I have to accept this. However, I have been researching on countless forums and lots of people say that their choice of Vape made accepting this(some would call it a transition)  easier. I'm just trying to find the best Vaporizer for me.

Edited by ozzietoker

IMO you may as well get the da buddha... both the SSV and the DBV are made by 7th floor... same componetns effectively... heating element etc..

THE SSV has an agnle down to prevent herb getting on your element but you can just put your grinder under the DBV and get teh same effect.

Be aware that if you want hands free on the SSV then you will need to upgrade to cut glass... the DBV it comes with standard.

Watch you tube if you and look at both before you buy..

I really cant see the extra 100bucks for the SSV being worhtwhile...

THe SSV is made completely in thew US the DBV is made is the US with parts sourced from china ETC... both ceramic heating elements are the same.... their webiste mentions this..

Good luck

IMO you may as well get the da buddha... both the SSV and the DBV are made by 7th floor... same componetns effectively... heating element etc..

THE SSV has an agnle down to prevent herb getting on your element but you can just put your grinder under the DBV and get teh same effect.

Be aware that if you want hands free on the SSV then you will need to upgrade to cut glass... the DBV it comes with standard.

Watch you tube if you and look at both before you buy..

I really cant see the extra 100bucks for the SSV being worhtwhile...

THe SSV is made completely in thew US the DBV is made is the US with parts sourced from china ETC... both ceramic heating elements are the same.... their webiste mentions this..

Good luck

I'm really interested in the SSV/DBV but I want  to hook them up to my waterpipe. To do this I need attachments only available overseas (I'm in Australia) I'm finding the same problem with the Plenty (although I may be able to just invert it and hook it up to waterpipe stem but I'm not sure!) The Cloud "EVO" looks the best for me but again not available here - only the Cloud "PLUS" which has too many "buyer beware" stories and bad customer service - they seem to break down easy.

I'm basically having trouble finding a vape that I can easily hook up to a wateripe for filtration - because it makes the vapor smooth on my throat and would make the transistion from snoking easier.

Any suggestions - thanks for your help!

I'm really interested in the SSV/DBV but I want  to hook them up to my waterpipe. To do this I need attachments only available overseas (I'm in Australia) I'm finding the same problem with the Plenty (although I may be able to just invert it and hook it up to waterpipe stem but I'm not sure!) The Cloud "EVO" looks the best for me but again not available here - only the Cloud "PLUS" which has too many "buyer beware" stories and bad customer service - they seem to break down easy.

I'm basically having trouble finding a vape that I can easily hook up to a wateripe for filtration - because it makes the vapor smooth on my throat and would make the transistion from snoking easier.

Any suggestions - thanks for your help!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUADSzAlXjQ

you dont need any fancy shit... just throw your silicon tube down the pipe.

if you dont like that idea the spash out and get a full galss bong/ glass connector and go from there... you really dont need it though..

• Upvote 1

Cheers mate. Been looking at that 1 for portability and will end up getting a portable AS WELL. Iv'e just read so many great things about the 3 I mentioned. I'm looking at hooking 1 up to a waterfilter/bong to make the vapor cooler on my throat, and to make the transition from smoking easier. Has anyone hooked up an SSV to a waterpipe? If so what attachments - if any do I need?

to be very honest i was a bong lover.... but since changing to the vape.. ive been kicking myself i didnt do it 20 years ago.. i have put vape thru a bong just for fun , and it didnt make much difference .. i find vape to be much much smoother than any bong ever.. so to be then putting it thru a bong is almost pointless.. :unknw:

when you do buy a vape ..try holding your lung full of vape for as long as you can.. any exhale is effectively wasted THC. so hold it in , ive exhaled into a bag and then rebreathed the contents to get more of the vape.. (thc) .. :bounce:

vapor is much cooler than smoke already so dont worry about cooling it to make the smoking transition easier... :wacko:

the vaporizer will only work as good as the contents and the user.. its basically applying heat to cannabis.. and these high priced gimmicks like the 'plenty' :rofl:  just make me laugh... the KISS method works a treat in this case. :egyptdance:

Vape4life