old path traveled a long ago.

grasshair

Question

Hi folks,

I am fairly new to these forums but I must say I am impressed with the site and the wealth of info out there. However I have a few queries I am wanting to get cleared up and maybe get some answers to.

I turn 40 this year and have lived in pain for 12 years after a bad MVA and as a result I take large quantities of pain medication. Obviously these meds can cause all sorts of problems and as a result have been doing research on a better solution. This lead me to realize Can could be a soultion and gives me hope to reduce or even get off the meds all together. 

I have not however had any smoko for 16yrs or so and part of the reason is I had anxiety issues with it. So my question is how does one get back into contact with people who may be able to help me start either growing or buying cannabis (to be clear I am not asking for personal details or for anyone to put themselves out there, just suggestions would be great), is there a strain which is good for pain without causing too much anxiety? can cannabis help me with opiate withdrawal? and finally is it safe to buy seeds online and how do I go about safely (only if that question is not too straight forward)? I am aware that these questions have been answered to a degree in other posts but would really appreciate some help here as it has been soo long since I have even had a smoke and these days I am a boring family man and a bit of a noob. cheers folks.

Welcome aboard.

Best advice i can give you at this point is do lots of reading around the site, you will find a lot of the info you are after.

With cannabis there many diffrent factors that can come into it when working out what works best for you.

We are all diff and need to find what suits us to do the job we are looking for...

Sorry to hear about your pain.
There are medical users here who may have specific information to help you with those questions.
I smoke for the love of it. :greedy: 
There is a multitude of information to be found here.
We are here to help if you need to know anything about growing.
There is a risk buying seeds but also things to minimise it.
Pick a reputable seed bank. Plenty mentioned here.

I use:
A load and go card from the post office for payment.
A false name
An infrequently used holiday home as a delivery address (across the road)
Most seed banks will ship by airsure, tracked but no signature required
When I use guaranteed shipping and have to purchase something to ship with them, I pick something that will fit through the mail slot or at least in my mailbox so I do not have to go to the post office if I miss the mail.
If you haven’t smoked for 16yr’s some good buds will help, at least in the short term. You will be too couch locked to lift your head to take your other meds. Unsure about the anxiety though :unknw:  

• Upvote 1

thank you both for the welcome to the site and the advice so far, it is a great start at this point I especially like the idea of only ordering an envelope size mail. I guess when it comes to anxiety I am hoping being a little more advanced in years will help and trial and

error may be the way to go. I noticed Connoisseur you have the seed bank logo down bellow and  vigorous you mentioned it also, would you suggest giving these guys a go? another question I guess I would ask and it may sound a bit noobish is do different strains make that much difference and how much difference does it make when taken in different ways? cheers :)

Hi, there are strains out there that are meant to be anti-anxiety (strawberry cough is one) , i am yet to try these but are hoping to make an order soon and try out a few as i also suffer from anxiety and panic attacks to the point where i considered giving it up, after research i found marijuana was the last thing that could be causing the anxiety, there are other aspects of your life that you change to help with the anxiety (natural herbs, positive thoughts, the Panic away program) i will update you with my findings when i discover them. Maybe you could try to find a hybrid that can eliminate anxiety and pain ( Maybe AK47, i'm not 100% on that one)

Good Luck on your Journey

thanks for your help Vapechef  I do remember the strain Strawberry cough from the movie children of men and thought it must have been only made up. I will definitely keep an eye out for it on the seed bank cheers. I was thinking last night about the anxiety situation and being that it was in my early to mid 20's and the problems I was going through back then were mostly least in my mind and could have been a mix of other party drugs in my system. Having said that now many years on I am a much more chilled out person so my fingers are crossed. As for Ak-47 I will see if I can do some research myself, cheers.

Welcome aboard, sorry to hear about your medical issues.  It's all been pretty well covered, in the end you'll just have to experiment until you find what works for you, if anything.  You will need to risk ordering seeds and growing your own unless you know a reputable grower who is prepared to help find some good strains for you, don't bother with the open commercial market for a variety of good reasons.  Just be aware that when it comes to pain relief a lot of people don't actually achieve it through cannabis alone, mostly just relief in the form of taking the edge off, aiding relaxation, or helping take your mind off it

I would recommend looking into high CBD strains, most likely with Indica dominance, for both pain and anxiety.  Get a few different ones and go the trial and error route.  As already mentioned, different people get different experiences.  Might also be worth trying a vapouriser with temperature control to help nail down the best medicinal outcomes, hash and other concentrates can be beneficial as well for some (work better for me).  You might also struggle with anxiety for a little while if you haven't smoked for a long time until your tolerance builds up a little, so take it easy and best of luck

Thank you Sir PsychoHashy for the warm welcome. It has been a positive experience on the forums and I have been happy with the advice and support. I believe your right about not relying on one type of medication I am on 5 different kinds at the moment and your right it would be crazy to think their is a magic bullet for complex pain solutions. I have been very interested to hear however about the powerful anti-inflammatory properties of Cannabis which has me excited as well as research I was listening to on youtube about the ability to work with opiates which will allow me to reduce my dose. So if I could reduce 3 or 4 of my meds and even take some off my list I would be happy. When it comes to ordering seeds however the advice I have received from you guys has been great it is just a matter of jumping in and taking a chance. I discussed the situation with my wife and considering I have no record with the police the worst which could happen I would hope is a slap on the wrist for first time offence and that is only if it comes to that. I am looking into the Strawberry cough and now I will also check out the CBD strains (it is a lot to take in man things have changed). Thank you Naycha for answering my question about strains I am amazed at just how much info is out there now and how little I know. cheers folks you have all helped me a great deal and I truly appreciate the help.