Thinkin About Buying A Vapouriser

Cos they're the best and they give the most flavoursome hits? 

why are they the best?? and why are they more flavoursome?

curious because Im thinking of shouting myself a vape soon.

Hot air extraction is giving the most accurate and stable temperatures for vapourisation, and result in your herb being heated more evenly. Using a hot plate/conduction model you're going to have relative hot spots - uneven heating so some of your herb may smolder, some of it may not be entirely vaped. Some models will obviously be better than others, but in general hot air extraction is giving the best results and is the method of choice for connoisseurs where cost is irrelevent.

The Volcano's heating element is an aluminium enclosure, itself a source of radiant heat during use, and the temperature dial isn't labelled - so you can only guess as to what temperature the element is set to, and even then you may be getting higher temperatures than intended at the point of contact.

With the Vriptech setup you're getting to within +-5degC of your target temperature, and all surfaces surrounding your herb are high-grade Pyrex which will be having an insulating effect and ensure an even temperature. The Vriptech bowl is also designed to make use of the Ventoulli effect, so at the point of contact with your herb the hot air is at maximum velocity and extracting more efficiently.

Flavinoids and aromatic terpenes are released at lower temperatures than cannabinoids, so they're the first real vapour that you inhale. With the Volcano you vape the entire bowlful into the balloon, so the flavour is diluted throughout the entire bag to the last toke. With the Vriptech you're able to take lots of individual hits or one large hit, so you have more control. With one large hit, the Vriptech tends to result in quicker, more concentrated hits than the other vapourisers, so you get all the flavinoids and terpenes of the entire bowlful all in one hit.

Each to their own though, cost is the most obvious factor, and I'm the first to admit that a hot air gun is bulky, relatively loud, and completely overwhelming and unwieldy for the novice. But once you get your head around it after a couple of virgin bowls, it's no harder than lighting up a bong and you settle into a good technique very quickly. The results speak for themselves though, the quality and flavour is just amazing - I could NEVER go back. For medical use, group use, or just simpler use, I think the Volcano would be the way to go.

I'm trying to turn more people onto this kit, so I'm hoping to lend it out to a few friends for some hardcore use in exchange for a review or three :P

I have used three vapoisers this year. The cheap model with the jar and soldering iron, the vapir and the volcano.

the cheapo is not a vaporiser. it is a cheap and cheerful way to smoke without tobacco and as such is ok

the vapir was crap! it took ages to heat up, it was very hard to see the vapor, what little there was, even when "straight" and in good light.. the device itself becomes coated in our favourite 'erb, and impossible to clean properly,sooooo that means

when it goes wrong (which mine did after six weeks) you have to send it back to u.s.a. and can't do for obvious reasons.CRAP

volcano, does the job a treat, you can set the temp between 190--230f and decide taste etc to suit youself. very simple to use, two switches one temp. control knob. very expensive but a very robust, med quality bit of kit

HOPE THIS HELPS!

hey Gruntus believe it or not zap man got back to me bout an hour after I made that post so order had been sent, hopefully I'll have my hands on it soon.

I just tried a vapir for the first time and I reckon its OK. Its a quiet unit and doesn't take that long to heat up (couple of minutes). It comes with two herb disks and you can just leave it on and remove and replace the disks. I followed directions on how to use and there is no plastic taste.

I used recommended temperatore of 250 degrees Farenheit, and while vapour was cool and smooth overall I think the high I got was a bit weak compared to my hotplate vape. I'll play with different temps before I decide finally.

the plastic thingy that locks the herb disk in feels a bit cheap and nasty.

So far I'd say its....OK. more testing required though :P

OK I adjusted temp to 392F (200C) and the hits are a bit stronger.  Actually a lot stronger  :P

I'll be interested to hear your conclusions. Mine broke after a few weeks so I never had a real chance to evaluate it.

Would you like to send it through the post to the U.S.A.? if it broke, that is what the shop I bought mine from told me. And an e-mail from Vapir U.S.A. confirmed it.

I thought the biggest drawback was that the 'erb is inserted inside it in the containers. It coats inside that plastic bit at the top which is difficult to clean.

Incidently, what is a good cleaner to clean smoking equiptment?

Metho and rice, pour some metho into the bong, add about a couple of heaped table spoons of rice, cover all the holes and shake for a couple of minutes, rinse it out and you have a sparkling clean piece of smoking equipment.

:P

theres a good vid over at pot-tv on the volcano, and after watching it im not all that impressed. It seems alot of effort to get stoned.

:D

YES, BUT YOU DON'T JUST GET STONED, YOU GET ABSOLUTELY HAMMERED.

IT REALLY IS SIMPLICITY ITSELF, NO MATTERED HOW WRECKED YOU ARE.

EVERONE WHO HAS TRIED MINE HAS BEEN ZONKED AND LOVED IT (THEY HATE THE PRICE THOUGH)

MINE PAYED FOR ITSELF IN ABOUT 10 WEEKS, I PACKED UP SMOKING TOBACCO AND GOT MORE STONED ( A LOT MORE STONED) ON LESS WEED.

ALL ROUND WINNER!

Metho and rice, pour some metho into the bong, add about a couple of heaped table spoons of rice, cover all the holes and shake for a couple of minutes, rinse it out and you have a sparkling clean piece of smoking equipment.

:D

GREAT TIP, THANKS