Marijuana Australiana documentary crowdfunding trailer

If you have any more info on this it would be great if you shared it or if you could get more details on it.

Thanks.

Naycha :peace:

A lot has happened since this - there is a group of neuros on board, some relating to Tara in Vic and some at this hospital. But I really don't know any names. I had to film stuff at the hospital secretly as they are extremely touchy about how they are represented (they aren't ID'd in the film, nor is hospital). I'm basing all this on interviews with the mum.

... just when I was thinking that bastard has buggered off with my money  :stupid: :imstupid: he turns up with some news!!

It's obvious you've been enjoying far too many cones bitterman whilst editing and allegedly  finishing the project etc, so put the bong down son and try and have it ready for the week following MardiGrass if you could... and get the limo and red carpet ready too please. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

... just when I was thinking that bastard has buggered off with my money  :stupid: :imstupid: he turns up with some news!!

It's obvious you've been enjoying far too many cones bitterman whilst editing and allegedly  finishing the project etc, so put the bong down son and try and have it ready for the week following MardiGrass if you could... and get the limo and red carpet ready too please. Thanks.

Shotgun!! :D

Hey bitterman.

The trailer looks excellent fella! :thumbsup:

Look forward to its release! What format/s will you be distributing? (digitaldownload/dvd/vhs)

TiE

C-yNg-B

What email address did you use to pledge?

(edit:) cheeky bugger ;)

Edited by bitterman

Shotgun!! :D

Hey bitterman.

The trailer looks excellent fella! :thumbsup:

Look forward to its release! What format/s will you be distributing? (digitaldownload/dvd/vhs)

TiE

C-yNg-B

Attempting festivals first but not waiting around forever for that. Same with ABC/SBS (who are known to have their heads up themselves and to fund crap so not expecting much).

It will be out on iTunes, VOD/streaming, Blu Ray etc. Working on distribution with the producer of a well known documentary about another compound, he's in the states. Aim is to have it released simultaneously worldwide on as many platforms as possible before it gets the shit pirated out of it. Cheers!

It's extremely rare for even properly funded films to break even, let alone make money. I've spent 3.5 years, nearly 2000 hours on it unpaid and spent a fair bit of my own dosh (and other's) on it, it's definitely not a profit making exercise. In fact, investing so much time in this has prevented me from full time work and I've been subsisting financially because of it. But it's my passion (both subject and filmmaking) so I'm not concerned with money. If I was, I'd be a dentist or some shit ;)

It's also not some budget effort destined for YouTube and ultimately not being seen by those who need to (ie. weed detractors and the unconvinced). I will be trying to get a few bucks out of it though and that's where distribution comes into it. I'd like to keep making these films in the future and am in development on the next one (a clinical trial to use a psychotherapeutic compound to treat PTSD in Aus war vets).

I did request Oz Stoners interviews several times and nothing came of it, which as I mentioned before is totally understandable. Upshot is there is no mention of OS. There is indirect mentions from everyone's favourite character, Jan C but this site isn't explicitly named. There has been some support from OS members though which I'm very grateful for. Would be good to get some help with community screenings if that happens too. I'm sure everyone here will be into the film in general.