Marijuana Australiana documentary crowdfunding trailer

lol Nibbler you angry ant, take your blinkers off lol

Hey bitterman, that trailer looks great man. I see you have John Jiggens in your trailer :thumbsup: he's a great guy, I've had the pleasure of meeting him over the years, as well as Michael Baulderstone and Tony Bower. JJ is of course the author of the original written work Marijuana Australiana.

I'll be happy to support your film. Hope you can reach the target :peace:

• Upvote 4

lol Nibbler you angry ant, take your blinkers off lol

Hey bitterman, that trailer looks great man. I see you have John Jiggens in your trailer :thumbsup: he's a great guy, I've had the pleasure of meeting him over the years, as well as Michael Baulderstone and Tony Bower. JJ is of course the author of the original written work Marijuana Australiana.

I'll be happy to support your film. Hope you can reach the target :peace:

Glad someone gets it.

Jiggens pinched the title from the song by Brendan Hanley (later covered and popularised by the Bushwackers). I asked Brendan for permission to use it and got his blessing.

Nibbler, Not sure why you wish the Nimbin crowd luck? I live in Sydney's CBD and frankly, haven't gotten any love (quite the opposite) from various stalwarts of the Nimbin scene (Balderstone and Kavasilas are exceptions). There are many blinkered views in the world of cannabis and it seems everyone thinks they own the issue, when in fact it concerns more than 2 million of us. The factions I see don't seem productive to me.

I also understand the semantics of cannabis v marijuana, but if you watched the trailer you'd realise there is a nod to Reefer Madness in the title (as you can hear from Jiggens' own mouth). Not to mention it's a very commonly used form for drug cannabis still in use by those who need educating, a primary audience for the film (and it's still used by some who don't, eg. NORML, HEMP Party). It's also much catchier/memorable and describes what the film's about better than the previous title (which was a pun that missed its mark for non-pot people).

PS - The trailer is also on YouTube if you can't view elsewhere Nibbler https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLUvgyzaeBU

Many thanks for the support bufo and everyone.

Edit: I have also tried to get people from OSA for an interview but there was some reluctance there, which is understandable.

Edited by bitterman

Ok cheers Bitterman for clearing that up, sorry.

I think you get what I'm on about, not insulting ya movie, I'll watch the trailer today now I should be able to see it.  Just that crowd always seem to think they the only weed growers/ med makers/smokers in Australia. lol

I think now people see you actually a doco maker and not some undercover D , then they should be more receptive to ya requests around here mate.

Best of luck with ya movie,

:peace: Nibbler AKA Angry Ant. lol

• Upvote 3

Good on you Nibbs, glad this thread was bumped I forgot to put my money where my big mouth is.

I'd urge anyone with an ounce or two stashed under the bed to swap it for some cash and get behind this project.

I'll be happy to be interviewed for your film bitterman, seeing as I grow the best buds here, my $250 pledge says so if anyone thinks they can beat it  :whistle:

• Upvote 1