Chronic : Need for Weed (Australian Documentary)

Hey all, I was asked to post an update about the film here. There's a lot happening in the next couple of months.

I've got an interview with Alex Wodak in a week, and I'll be in Melbourne next weekend spending time with a Crohn's disease sufferer (non-smoker) for whom cannabis tincture is a god send. This chap is severely debilitated by the illness - homebound on a pension. He was on steroids, chemo and various other toxic drugs before trying Tony Mullaway's tincture and it allowed him to function normally, so much so that he was able to stop all other meds. I was very moved by his story when I met him.

Of course there's also the Mullaways bust which I'm sure you've heard of. Trying to get up to Kempsey to follow Tony to court on that one.

There's also Mardigrass...

As you can imagine it's a long process making the film and securing access to particiants, but the aim is still to get it all done this year. Thanks for the interest!

Greets everyone, I'll be in Nimbin for MardiGrass showing some clips from the doco and answering questions anyone might have. I'm doing a crowdfunding campaign to coincide with the festival too. This will help me finish the doco much more quickly. Please spread the word, will be great to see you all there. 6pm, Saturday 5th May, Low THC Tent @ Peace Park.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/563055_344503318941870_180815607_n.jpg

+ Here's a shot from the Dr Alex Wodak interview I recently did

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/552718_332600333465502_132231916835679_906613_1199689638_n.jpg

Keep up the great work bitterman; Education is the key.

On the subject of Doco's I saw one about Cafe's in Amsterdam on SBS which was really interesting. They had the types of cannabis figured. The journalist, a Woman wanted to try a joint. The staff recommended a strain which wouldn't cause paranoia, but was giggly. She smoked it and giggled.

There was a Doco on SBS tonight a clinical type deal, basically they use derivatives of Opium, Cocaine, for Pharmaceuticals, but not Marijuana; why.

Well it is happening. It appears to myself there is obvious political and comercial resistance to investigating the complex chemistry of Ganga.

Hey Naycha, cut should be done by August depending on how crowdfunding goes, still a few bits to film in meantime. Looking to get it into a film festival in October, also pitching soon to ABC/SBS. DVD/Download will come after it's had a life in festivals but I'll be releasing lots of stuff online as I go. THanks for the interest man!