ABC website poll on Aussie Cannabis legalisation

Looks like the issue will sell papers so should get some media coverage at least.. It has got to be a topic for insight or lateline in the near future (like next week), surely :)

Tony Jones actually bought up the decision to legalise cannabis in Colorado on lateline the other night, when he was interviewing some US political commentator. The guy tony was interviewing, basically just said it was a sign of how people in the US were becoming more liberal and forward thinking with there views, but tony jones just giggled like some little school girl (smug little prick) and made some joke about Colorado becoming the “high state”.

Not very professional journalism if you ask me.

They quickly bought the issue up on the drum (who are the ones that are doing the ABC poll) the other night and had a far more intelligent conversation about it. So hopefully they will devote more time to the issue in the future, due to the popularity of the poll.

I think the problem might be that the ABC poll mentioned decriminalising Ecstasy & Marijuana, as opposed the Ten poll that only mentions decriminalising cannabis. Either way they both show more in favour than against decriminalising it.

Nah dude your tripping. None of the polls mention anything about ecstasy or decriminalisation. Both polls are about legalising cannabis.

Edited by jabez

Poll over.

07/11/2012: In the US election, Colorado and Washington state voted to legalise marijuana for recreational use. Should Australia follow suit?

Yes 70% No 30%

35509 votes counted

I'm pleasantly surprised at that result. Unfortunately respondents could not indicate whether they would vote in favour or against, just that they believe we should be allowed to vote (or that's how I interpreted the ambiguous question anyway). A poll that actually asks that question would be interesting.

Naycha :peace: