Facebook group - Australian Cannabis Law Reform

its great we have people like yourself trying to change things great stuff bro :) but in my position as a grower i wouldnt sign up just because could be away for people or police to realise what im into and act accordanly....while there would be no proof of activites by joining it just might cause enough suspicion to maybe getpulled over and searched or maybe even home invaded....i know there r way over the top examples but i feel alittle bit of paranoia can be a good thing in our game :yahoo:

but please keep going just dont put yaself at risk, without ppl like yaelf i will always be hiding

• Upvote 2

its great we have people like yourself trying to change things great stuff bro :) but in my position as a grower i wouldnt sign up just because could be away for people or police to realise what im into and act accordanly....while there would be no proof of activites by joining it just might cause enough suspicion to maybe getpulled over and searched or maybe even home invaded....i know there r way over the top examples but i feel alittle bit of paranoia can be a good thing in our game :yahoo:

but please keep going just dont put yaself at risk, without ppl like yaelf i will always be hiding

Totally agree in regards to risk, I am just sick of hiding my opinions and as we grow and people come out the woodwork it is going to be hard to debate and find supporters.. I find it bad that I am unable to medicate myself by my choice,I own my body and mind and I do not agree that pills are better as they all cause problems which usually always include liver damage. I have recently found out I have ADHD and I do not like the idea of the medication they use and don't want to be a zombie 24/7.. Before I did the research to find all this out I thought they were individual probs I had before I rolled them all up into one.. I ditched the Valium I was given which really didn't do much unless I took 2-3 tabs and knew the damage it could do and how addictive it is and I cannot take this regularly! Prohibition is only damaging citizens image and people's lives including those who want to self medicate.. Seems the gov is the drug pushers right next to the dealers.. Not cool!
  • Upvote 1

My suggestion is to look at GetUp as I think they have a couple of groups there aimed at legalization and it is more focused on taking action. You might have seem their ads on tv regarding other issues.

There has also been that "Australia 21" group in the media recently (I think Bob Carr is part of it) and they are recommedning legalization of drugs as well.

Personally, I am looking to what is happening in the US and particularly the upcoming elections to hopefully see some major change happening. Colorado supposedly has enough support to vote in full legalization which would be very interesting.

If the US legalized first, I think Australian governments would actually take the matter seriously and follow suit.

Thanks for the replies :)

I think developments in the US will definitely influence Australian drug policy. Unfortunately the anti-marijuana propaganda which has been fed to us from a young age is very hard for some people to reject. Perhaps because then they have to question other information they've taken for granted. Critical thinking is definitely lacking in the general population.

It will no doubt be a slow cultural shift to get cannabis legalised in Australia, but sometimes the most difficult fights are the most rewarding to participate in.

I think you are spot on salpon re critical thinking. With it comes responsibility and the possibility of consequences. We as a society (Aus/US) would MUCH rather have somebody to blame rather than our own (lazy thinking) selves. We mask it with excuses and/or bravado. peace to you. v :sun: Edited by Vinno

This thread should be a sticky. I couldn't agree more.

There are allready groups and seperate organisations that are rallying for the legalisation and amendmant of cannabis laws. Unifying everything under one contingent would increase the impact that we all have over these laws.

Someone once wrote if prohibition is the big tree then we are the little axe. Many hands make light work.

Rather then wasting out time getting smashed out of our minds at mardigrass yelling and chanting or participating in small surveys. We should be unifying our efforts and marketing the opporunity to engage in these particular efforts so that every stoner and person that disagrees with drug prohibition has the opportunity to have their say.

Awesome thread,

Peace.

• Upvote 2

It's ironic .... 6months ago when i told people that the police are using facebook for criminal profiling you all called me a conspiracy theorist .... now its mainstream news and people are still promoting facebook alongside canna .....

peace'

Yeah. I guess in most instances people don't need to worry. If you don't have anything to hide, you don't need to worry.

It's not just the police either with facebook, it's everday people too, if you don't set your facebook to private, it's free access to all your personal details, who your friends are, everything etc.

I think this site is a really good marketing tool, to get some of these groups unified and to get more people to become aware of these movements and organisations so they can participate and attend etc.

Edited by Allotropy