• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment

Photo

Beware of Facebook. They are coming for you!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Lenore

Lenore

Nevermore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1955 Posts:
  • Interests:Cannabis; Crochet; Gardening; Carnivory
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic

Facebook Confirms Ban on CBD and Hemp Advertising

June 14, 2019

Despite the decisive bans on pages and ads related to hemp and CBD, Facebook isn’t providing users clear rules or reasoning for its decisions.
Tech giant Facebook is blocking any promoted mentions of CBD and hemp on its platform. But the company doesn’t say anything specifically about CBD or hemp in any of its rules regarding permissible content. Instead, Facebook is simply shutting down, and in some cases deleting, accounts and pages it deems are in violation of its ad policies. At the same time, Facebook doesn’t seem to be very willing to explain its own rationale for banning pages promoting CBD or hemp products. And that’s frustrating for business and individuals who post and advertise on the platform because CBD isn’t illegal.

In just a few years, the CBD market has rocketed from a niche health and wellness trend to a mainstream phenomenon. Analysts project a CBD market that could break $20 billion by 2022. And businesses from small cafés to massive pharmacy retailers are stocking CBD products to meet surging consumer demands. In short, CBD is extremely popular, and that makes it a big business.

Facebook’s Secret Rules for CBD

But at the moment, Facebook isn’t being very friendly to businesses that sell CBD and other hemp products. To the contrary, Facebook seems to be going to extraordinary lengths to ban and censor CBD and hemp-related content, especially in promoted pages and ads.

Multiple companies and online retailers have reported sudden suspensions of their accounts, deleted pages and ad takedowns. But when users ask Facebook to explain why the word “CBD” or the picture of a hemp leaf violates its rules, the company isn’t providing clear answers. Facebook spokespeople also aren’t being very clear.

Facebook has confirmed the ban on CBD and hemp advertising. But it’s backing up that decision with company policies that don’t specifically mention hemp or CBD. Instead, Facebook’s policies just say it prohibits pages that promote “illegal products or services,” “drugs and drug-related products,” and “unsafe supplements.”

But CBD, by the federal government’s own definition, is none of those things. As long as it comes from hemp and contains no more than 0.3 percent THC, cannabidiol is legal. Neither is CBD a drug or drug-related product. The 2018 Farm Bill removed hemp and its derivatives from the federal list of controlled substances. And finally, CBD technically cannot be a supplement. That’s one of the restrictions on legal CBD put in place by the USDA and FDA.

The problem, however, is that Facebook determines “at its sole discretion” whether hemp or CBD belongs to any of those categories. And at the moment, the company is treating hemp just like any other marijuana product containing THC. And without clear rules, users are taking unknown risks—and potentially wasting money— advertising hemp or CBD on the platform.

Facebook Faces Lawsuit over Ban on Pages Advertising Hemp and CBD

Despite an announcement last October when Facebook said it would stop shadow banning cannabis-related content, the company’s ban on CBD seems to have been in place for several years. Now, however, Facebook is facing a lawsuit over its stance on CBD-related content.

Felicia Palmer, who founded one of the oldest hip hop websites on the internet, filed a lawsuit against Facebook early this June. Palmer, who turned to cannabis as she fought breast cancer in 2016, paid Facebook to promote posts about CBD and the online cannabis summit, Cannaramic. But after accepting the money, Facebook didn’t show the ads. Then, it completely disabled Palmer’s ads account. Facebook said it disabled the account because it “doesn’t allow ads that promote illegal, prescription, or recreational drugs.”

Hemp and CBD Retailers Ponder Abandoning Facebook Marketing Strategy

Facebook is aggressively enforcing its ban on hemp and CBD. But its inability to provide a clear justification for doing so is beginning to drive businesses away from its platform. For small businesses, who spend considerable money promoting goods and services, an un-announced, unpredictable account suspension can be a major issue. Account deletions and ad takedowns can seriously impact a company’s revenue.

Never forget, law enforcement agencies have full access to any and all information you post in Facebook.

You are NOT safe on Facebook!!!

One for the rock, one for the crow,
One to die, and one to grow.

Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.

cv.png
GRC_Logo.png

OZ STONERS COMMUNITY SPONSORS

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

kloud9

kloud9

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 7133 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: sun
Facebook f****** sucks anyway so why would you even go on it...

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Newbudgrower

Newbudgrower

Maturing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:None

Facebook f****** sucks anyway so why would you even go on it...

+1
Also they can look on here too.

pedro de pacas

pedro de pacas

tnuc

• Members
  • 14578 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None

I'd rather fuck them face to face then face book them 

kloud9

kloud9

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 7133 Posts:
Lmfao but yeah me too

AquaDolly

AquaDolly

Couch Locked

• Members
  • 1779 Posts:
Facebook has its place for information and I agree it needs to be more open about cannabis. I'm just very very careful to keep my grows or that I grow off it.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Porky 1982

Porky 1982

Drug War Veteran

• Banned
  • 5130 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
Data collection for targeted advertising thats all Facebook is.

billygoat

billygoat

• Banned
  • 6868 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: LOTS

yeah yeah.. facebook is out to get us.... the seas are rising... lol

Hempy SOG   ---   2018 SAL grow   ---    2016 indoor grow.   ---    2015 outdoor grow.    ---    2014 Sweet Seeds Autoflower grow.     

AquaDolly

AquaDolly

Couch Locked

• Members
  • 1779 Posts:

yeah yeah.. facebook is out to get us.... the seas are rising... lol

Good for some8a7978c6538afc714bebb08c9f5c1f13.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

kloud9

kloud9

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 7133 Posts:
Yep we are all f*****..

International Cannabis Cultivation Questionnaire
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.