Beware the facebook!

I've used Facebook for years. Gaming, keeping in touch, all that usual rubbish. I could care less about them monitoring certain people/behaviour because a) it's expected and B) I'd imagine it's been going on since FB began or at least something along the lines of monitoring. I'm all for catching certain criminals, there are just some crimes that do need to be punished. But there's also a line that should be drawn. I doubt it ever will be.

Mind you, I block a lot of my posts, particularly if I've been using marijuana. I have lists and will block things from people on those lists. Co-workers, family friends, even my father. There are just some things that don't need to be shared. Mind you, not many people seem to share this idea. Many people just share whatever comes to mind and if that blatant openness gets them into hot water, they only have themselves to blame. In an age of technology where anyone can find out just about anything, it comes down to personal responsibility. If you're going to put yourself out there, expect backlash and consequences. If you can't find a balance between what you do and don't share, any consequences of your lack of discretion are your own doing.

Just some random thoughts on that though :pimp: