Beware the facebook!

I recently joined the forums. I'm currently in the process of researching the cannabis laws in my state.

I disagree entirely with you. To me it seams obvious that the police are on these forums. Even posting topics under false usernames.

It would not be advisable to use these forums without a Proxy IP cloak. When in the business of creating threads in relation to growing or smoking cannabis.

Take care people, I would not put any trust into what people claim to be accurate.

I agree entirely with Allotropy

If you don't have something to hide, then there is no reason to use the forums openly or cloak your IP address.

I agree, i wouldnt trust what anybody on most forums would suggest/claim outright... ... (exercise critical thinking/ and logic) .....interesting first post by the way ..... it's possible that nobody on this grow site or any grow site really grow ..... kids and adults wanting to stroke their ego are quick to talk bullshit (you can easily identify them by the lack of credible grow photos) .... but i agree, if you have something to hide feel free to use a vpn service or another pptp-like service "see relakks or piratebay's pptp service to name a few off the top of my head" ...... this is the dawn of the new age, well and truly ... the information age, we must respect our privacy and maintain such privacy at all costs... i think most recognise this .... some even look into accessing open wifi access points with the utilisation of longrange wifi antenna's ..... but what do you say of fake topics .... please elaborate..... did it take you long to come to this conclusion overall ? ....

trust no one - (see circa 1993 xfiles lol) question everything .... and FUCK the police. thankkkkk yawwwwww. :D

IC,

cheers'

Edited by ind00rcultiv8r

That's how I see things too. It couldn't be more simpler for someone to use a proxy cloak or to sign up with 420. I'm under the impression however that it would cost the Australian Federal Police alot of money to break a proxy cloak and trace a user to find their identity. It would only be the interest for the police to do this if a grower is consistently posting large pictures of their grow operation year after year etc. Someone that comes to mind would be the Australian Cannabis Breeder Wally Duck. He grows some very large crops year after year, after many years and isn't afraid to take pictures and put them up on the internet for all to see. In another instance potentially Kangativa. I'm not trying to make them a target but they would fit the criteria for such practices.

Perhaps in those instances a proxy cloak would suitable if your scared of being made a target. In other instances there is nothing to worry about.

:peace:

I agree, i wouldnt trust what anybody on most forums would suggest/claim outright... ... (exercise critical thinking/ and logic) .....interesting first post by the way ..... it's possible that nobody on this grow site or any grow site really grow ..... kids and adults wanting to stroke their ego are quick to talk bullshit (you can easily identify them by the lack of credible grow photos) .... but i agree, if you have something to hide feel free to use a vpn service or another pptp-like service "see relakks or piratebay's pptp service to name a few off the top of my head" ...... this is the dawn of the new age, well and truly ... the information age, we must respect our privacy and maintain such privacy at all costs... i think most recognise this .... some even look into accessing open wifi access points with the utilisation of longrange wifi antenna's ..... but what do you say of fake topics .... please elaborate..... did it take you long to come to this conclusion overall ? ....

trust no one - (see circa 1993 xfiles lol) question everything .... and FUCK the police. thankkkkk yawwwwww. :D

IC,

cheers'

I agree, we are at the Dawn of a new age. Weird enough that their is a group of people called the Pleadians encouraging people to embrace the singularity and evolve into the beings we need to to be! wtf right ...

then we look at our work place and see the sentient monkey becoming a appendage to a machine, we make sure its doing my job well enough!! man I pray from a massive croneal ejection- for I frear we are becoming dumber.

And these Pleadian buggers might be right...

All the while we argue for free speack concerning ourself with Julian Assange etc we miss the inevitable decent of man.

I freaked a hippy out by comparing humanity to bacteria on an agar plate.

a remeber the chuckle I gave as that sunk in for him...

We'll he's dead now I'm still alive and I've stopped chuckling ...

Ther will be a new Verse in a new Bible eons for now It'll go something like this...

"And Man regretted making machine and wanted to destroy the machine. And man relised that he cant pull a global flood out of his ares or darken the sky like in the matrix; plus that did go so well"

So man said- "Oh fuck this and walked off into the wilderness for a hell of a lot longer than 40 days and 40 nights."

- grew one mutha of a crop and smoked the lot.

Peace

Here is the program people; https://www.torproject.org/

Thanks Nici, it is indeed a good one, it allows for a faster service and larger availability of information on Ozstoners.

I've allways been aware of general proxy programs and basic anonymizors. In instances, I haven't ever bothered like thousands of others that have used this site for legal purposes. Whether for general education, entertainment or for illegal activity, the police have caught on and now in some instances even, they are personally insulting people, based on phone coversations or opening yours or even friends facebook accounts. I find this concerning as some people targeted show no warrant for such activities.

General use of ozstoners is safe, browsing site sponsors and making purchases is safe. Talking about growing on a forum, blabbing about intentions of commiting any illegal acts on the forums is probably unsafe and in some rare instances may warrant an IP trace. In which case, Tor or signing up with 420 would allow you to participate in "deviant" behaviour.

Remember everything you need to know about using this site is on the site. Everything you need to know about purchasing seeds safely or growing is on the site. Just run a simple search. I remember when Reverend and Frazz used to lay some pretty useful groundwork to follow in threads. Just a search away. Some of these topics come up time and time again and simply can not be answered swiftly and take considerable time to type a fast response too.

Hopefully a few hundred people won't get falsely targeted with your IP monitoring, but largely unprofessional, limited in credibility, harmful, dangerous and personal insults.

I'd be speaking to the CMC too if you suspect your calls are being monitored or internet activity being monitored. If you have clicked on a link and your hard-drive has been extracted and personal information is being projected into forum conversation, whether through a members name or anything hit me up with a Private Message.

I can vouch for the sponsors of this site too. Bonza seeds, glandore hydro and cheating the hang man for instance. Your money will be well spent, based on numerous people I have talked too. They will make sure you product arrives.

Oz and the moderators too, good people, unfortunately it seams the pigs are exploring new trends in IT technology.

Stay vigilant people and enjoy the forums, but if you feel your exposed, use Tor, but better yet sign up with 420 (faster download times then tor and site privledges!) !

Search and Read. The idea of Ozstoners, is not for people to commit illegal activity and walk away with a notice to appear in court.

Edited by Allotropy
  • Upvote 2

This server for ozstoners is hosted in Lansing United states, Pretty sure the police need a warrant to pull any information off the server, that it being based in the U.S just wouldn't be practical for them, been here for 2 years now and used a proxy for the first 6 months(probably didn't need to) I guess it's how you feel about it, can never be to careful really

A very valid topic of conversation. The police have been using the social networking site, for as long as it has been around. It's the job of the police to keep tabs on people. If they suspect people are involved in crime, in their town, they will investigate it thoroughly.

It's concerning to see how much power the police actually have, particularily in Australia where personal insults and accusations are second to the level of corruption that occurs and has done throughout Australian history.

To become a member of the police force, requires one third the time of training then a trade qualification and even less time when in comparison to university education.

Numerous people are involved in law enforcement for all the wrong reasons. If they loose their job it's a not a great loss to be re-trained, to do something else.

Stay safe people and don't go blabbing how many bongs you can pull in a row on facebook!

This server for ozstoners is hosted in Lansing United states, Pretty sure the police need a warrant to pull any information off the server, that it being based in the U.S just wouldn't be practical for them, been here for 2 years now and used a proxy for the first 6 months(probably didn't need to) I guess it's how you feel about it, can never be to careful really

I think that’s a very naïve attitude to take personally. The feds work very closely with international authorities and as Australian citizens we have far less rights to freedom of speech than other countries.

For me personally, I couldn’t care less if they know whether I smoke weed or not and my personal opinion is that they like to think they have better things to do than bust people for drug use. But that’s just a personal choice I made years ago.

Personally, if I were to ever grow cannabis for personal use (not saying I ever would) I’d never post photos or whatever about it over the Internet. Not saying it would automatically get you busted, but all it takes is for some newspaper article to write about how people are openly showing off there grows on the internet and they’d have all the funds they need to go after you, even if you just grow for personal use.

A few years ago on another ethno Australian forum I’m a member of, the admin warned everybody that the forum was actively being monitored (including pm’s) for illegal activity. So it would be pretty silly to think this one is any different.

Basically, you should always assume everything you say is being monitored when on sites of this nature and you should never admit to anything that you can’t afford to get busted for.