What Strain are you growing ?

hey all,

pacifics g13 was given to memi selfandi and ...?? (cant remember) one of them released it to bluegrasseeds... this then found its way to mjoz....then spc... then to the home gardener.............. what has been said about the G13...

that in different setups/environments the clone G13 shows alot of different leaf traits... and that it was NEVER to be released to a seedbank...because they could make some (HYPED) g13 hybrid strain(GBW, G13xskunk, g13xhaze to name a few).. but what happens now, that it HAS been given to a seedbank...... try to discredit the seedbank or the clone..

but even worse is that some people are willing to release the cutting :D

If you do some research (big book of buds/ marijuana growers insiders guide and marijuana botanical) you will come to realise that originally there was only landrace strains(grows free and naturally without mans help)

heres a quote from 1970's marijuana grower's insider's guide....

" a number of researchers examined cannabis, and after numerous experiments and studies on structure,anatomy, cross-breeding and chemistry, they concluded,after some argument,that cannabis is indeed

a single species.cannabis sativa L. Although the species cannabis is quite variable in overall appearance, growth habit, ecology,cannabinoid chemistry, etc,.. the innumerable variations are due to human intervention, predominantly the breeding for specific characteristics, and the transport of the plant to new environments, rather than due to natural evolution(natural evolution or speciation is a prerequisite for true species status)"

Then on page 165. ( in reference to table 10.2)....

"analysis was by gas-liquid chromatography after the procedures developed by the US government marijuana research program at the university of Mississippi at Oxford..Duplicate analysis with average given for all samples.. Analysis was done in 1978 from plants harvested in the fall of 1977..In most cases, average buds from typical plants were taken..Varieties were grown in soil in a greenhouse with bright light and four hours of daily sunlight except afghani which was grown outdoors in full sunlight..Afghani1 is ancestral to the commercial seed stock afghani1 ..."

overpage.....

"Many individuals of the afghani 1 variety were obviously more potent than samples shown here.. Subsequently selective breeding has led to the development of a number of afghani 1 seed stocks, including those sold in amsterdam, and they have varying amounts of THC..."

So whats all that mean???

that originally the US government did have a marijuana research program.. also that they somehow got a large selection of LANDRACE strains to trial....

US government or sensi grew out thousands of Landrace afghani seeds in which they found .... afghan indica,hashplant, Northern lights#5 and as far as i am conecerned they found G13 too.....

But the other question to answer is what classifies as medicinal marijuana......???

Feel free to add your 2 cents but try to keep this thread informative ;)

Guest blaze_dat_dank
If you do some research (big book of buds/ marijuana growers insiders guide and marijuana botanical) you will come to realise that originally there was only landrace strains(grows free and naturally without mans help)

marijuana botanical, do ya mean marijuana botany?? well Ive got all 3 of those books anyway, marijuana botany is one of my fave books, but i fail to see what it got to do with G13 ???

A landrace by true definition is a is a plant variety used by humans but not conciously improved through selective breeding pratices you are right. But the general definition growers use is for a variety cultivated in the one area , unhybridized for 50 years or more.... the cannabis afghanica plants the US government would have used were bred through selective improvement, afghans would not cull male plants, but they only used the seeds from the best flowers for there next crops so they were in turn selectively breeding, unless the government used the wild sativa type varieties that grew in ditches wild in afghanistan at those times (and possibly still) they werent using plants that matched your description of landrace.

US government or sensi grew out thousands of Landrace afghani seeds in which they found .... afghan indica,hashplant, Northern lights#5 and as far as i am conecerned they found G13 too.....

US government or sensi/the seed bank created these strains???

with the exception of G13 , which I have no problem believing the government source story as other government created varieties such as E. Smalls "chemo" variety for the canadian government or currently the GM pharma strains are well documented.

but afghani #1, hashplant , Northern Lights were niether created by the US government or the seed bank/sensi seeds.. Is it hard to believe that people other than the US government have grown seeds from afghanistan in the US??? from the early 50s people have been travelling on "the hippy hashish trail" collecting seeds from the middle east, and the history of some of these strains is definately not government related.. hash plant #1 isnt even an afghan its mostly lebanese indica, northern lights (without numbers) was a well established stable seed variety from pacific northwest before those tests you talk of even started. Afghani #1 is from the big cali fields of the 70s..... Neville/the seed bank/sensi never created any of them, just recieved female clones of them in the mid 80s (with exception of afghani #1 which was a sacred seeds/cultivators choice variety already in a'dam when neville started).....

onto issue at hand....

.. and that it was NEVER to be released to a seedbank...because they could make some (HYPED) g13 hybrid strain(GBW, G13xskunk, g13xhaze to name a few)..

they are pacific and neville crosses, there is no need for them to be hyped by the breeders any longer, because the public knows they killer. all the G13 hybrids from the known owners such as neville/sensi, pacific, dutch flowers, memy, vic high etc.. are all well reknowned F1's...... why doesnt bluegrass have some similarly good F1s using their "g13" clone??? they seem to use G13 hash plants an awful lot instead... Who is the "other" one you forgot??? Id like to see sum proof that there was ever a link between pacific G13 and Bluegrass seeds.... actually dont really care and can drop it there if you want, but if you do have any proof it would put my mind at ease and finally kill hunger for real deal G13 clone.

ive grown out the g13 dirrect from rodwal and its very very strong pot period. thats all that needs to be said only sensi star comes a close second to it. there end of argument, game over, bye bye

I disagree. and suddenly feel dissapointed in the pack of sensi star i got waiting to grow.

well if you dissagree thats up to you bdd. well tell us all then if you grew it and didnt think it was that good and the real deal, what is the strain that you growing and reakon is the best and is totally shitting on what you have grown cause if you think that this g13 is not that good you must be growing or have tryed a strain that totally shits on all. so out of intrest what is it, that is what this post was all about anyway.

Alot of hybrids may turn out to be better smoke than the original plants.. but at the end of the day, this is the point in hybridizing, isnt it? I think he was more referring to the origins of the strains, rather than the potency.. strain has alot to do with potency, purity of that particular plant doesnt. Who wants to buy seeds that have things marked on them that arent in them? I cannot smoke Haze, or I start going a bit crazy.. if I were to grow this for three months in my room, Id be stuck with near a pound of bud that I wouldnt want to smoke.. all because of someone elses mistake. Sure, I could sell it, but I am not a drug dealer, just a humble medicinal user =)

Neville/the seed bank/sensi never created any of them, just recieved female clones of them in the mid 80s (with exception of  afghani #1 which was a sacred seeds/cultivators choice variety already in a'dam when neville started).....

It's not very hard to create your own strain. It may only take up to three years to do so, and if you are crossing decent strains, you are a sure winner. I hope to have a few full strains in a few years, not just crappy assorted hybrids with mixed results of males/females and some which dont even germinate. Alot of people grow and sell seeds for the wrong reasons now days.. there arent many seedbanks that cater for people wishing to do their own breeding, and of the ones that are (Marc Emery has good seeds, but rediculous prices and CRAP before and after 0sales service I hear..)

Look at the rarity and cost of AK47, and other plants.. if I release only feminine seeds from a created strain, there will be no pure plants, so other seed banks cannot say they have 'pure' strains of a certain plant. For example, DJ Short's Bubbleberry.. alot of people claim to have it, but apparently most have the 'stretch Indica" version.. and not the genuine thing. I think he mentioned that Sharmagtha(sp?) and him created the first Blueberry and he left to another place to start breeding because of a larger offer of money. Please correct me if im wrong on that, I cant seem to find that information.

post-23-1091728156_thumb.gif

all the G13 hybrids from the known owners such as neville/sensi, pacific, dutch flowers, memy, vic high etc.. are all well reknowned F1's...... why doesnt bluegrass have some similarly good F1s using their "g13" clone???

Bluegrass did get the pacific clone but beanboy (horus) never found it to be a keeper.. thought his own lines were more vigarous and had better traits.. personally think he never really gave it the time or space..

Who is the "other" one you forgot??? Id like to see sum proof that there was ever a link between pacific G13 and Bluegrass seeds.... actually dont really care and can drop it there if you want, but if you do have any proof it would put my mind at ease.

taken from cannagenetics

"Lady J Updated: 07Dec02

The G13 clone I have is NOT the G13 that is out there in all those crosses. Mine is the one being documented by IMSDL and Memy Selfandi. They were neutral parties with the ability to upload pics and document the grow. My source on this clone is unquestionable. The purple G is the second government clone. It has a longer and more slender leaf than the g, but is all indica. Very short internode spacing, and VERY potent. It's the consensus here that it is our most potent medical plant. The purple begins on the underside of the leaves and then permeates through the leaf tissue to the upper surfaces until most of the plant is purple. This pot is not for rookies."

I cant search the old ssc for the thread but anyone who can could search IMDSL and find the relevant info...

and finally kill hunger for real deal G13 clone

The real deal g13 is in the clone that is being circulated but the clone has been passed around and had to adapted to whoever has had it at the time and then passed on again..

Until the clone has been extensively grown out in conditions at par to pacifics for a period of time the real deal G13 will be hidden there somewhere....The clone's looks change drastically depending on how its grown....but it has a stupditifing stone... pungent but dull aroma and little to no taste

If your up for a read try this o/g thread...

the truth of g13