help! mold on buds!

hay ppl, i need your help. i started my first outdoor grow in spring last year. have just a couple of plants outdoors not sure on the strain, had the seeds given to me by a friend. anyway, the plants have done alright up until recently. they were budding up nicely, but now it appears theres mold on the buds. it's been raining a lot recently. is there anything i can do to save them? sorry no pics. the mould is blackish in colour. ive grown the same strain indoors with no problems before.

thanks in advance!!

mold is mold man, sorry to say but there isn't a lot that can be done to prevent it or stop it. Forgetiwashere was right, you really only have those two options. If your going to cut the infected bits off, I'd recommend obviously taking them off very carefully, stick a brown bag or shopping bag over the infected bud, then chop it off. Once its been removed from the plant you should go back the next day or at the very latest the day after that and check if its still spreading, if it is then just harvest the whole plant and get in drying asap. One of my pineapple chunks, the best one actually, about 75% it i just lost to mold. I was up there 5 days ago and saw the mold, thought yeah no worries ill get it in a few days it wont spread that much, and when I went back it had spread another 30-40%, It's cannabis' arch nemesis i'll tell you that much. Best of luck to ya.

Scraps

I've lost a couple of plants to mould before.

Heartbreaking.

Not sure if there is a lot you can do to avoid it if the weather changes and you're growing outdoors.

I once constructed a roof of clear plastic shelter my plants when it was really wet.

Stuck out like a eyesore but seemed they didn't get mould that year.

No idea if that was just coincidence.

Good luck mate.

Hey guys, if anyone's interested in citroshield to help the combat , check out hollandforge.com . Look under organics and if u wanna get some ,check out their store locater.(sorry don't know how to post a link) Like I said ,no good outside if it keeps raining ,but if rain stops ,or ur indoors ,can save a bit of heartbreak. Good as a preventative, kills the spores and stops the spread...peace from the devil.

Thanks for that Devilspine. I found a bud with mould yesterday which astonished me. We've just had a dry, sunny spell which is about to end. If I get mould under those circumstances, I hate to think what might be ahead with a wet spell. I was hoping to get another 4 weeks into her so a bottle of citroshield is on the shopping list for tomorrow.