Cerberus don't laugh but I was playing with that same heater and one of my rig wires for the heater got into the fan and threw my circuit breaker, pop bang WTF! Pow I thought I had blown my panel up. I threw the switch on the box and I felt pretty damn lucky when everything powered up. I was sure I was gonna be one of those idiots on a thousand ways to die, " we have John here who fancies himself as a horticulturalist until he decided to play with his cheap assed heater he was so dumb he let his galv wire get into his LED unit" would been a Darwin award finalists for sure.

Trialling a Mars II 400 watt right led now, quite impressed for the price but really wish I'd bought the 600.

The main benefit is heat regulation for me.

I had a hps/mh 400, but couldn't even get enough air to cool the tent with both in and out fans full pelt.

Cooking everything.

Tried a 250 watt in there, still too hot.

The Mars is keeping a perfect temp of about 26 degrees and the plants are digging it.

Bought via the Aus distributor on eBay .good service and fast delivery

Phantom I am seriously impressed with this budget light for multiple reasons and only had it running two weeks.

While I know I will never get the yields of a hps for e.g, the growth is strong and good, and everything is really healthy looking.

Big new leaves on both indica and sativa, and all is well.

The absolute total bonus for me is it seems to sit at a perfect temp when closed in tent of about 26 degrees or so, on 30 degree day still managed to keep under 30!

I am convinced for my small, stealth ops these type of lights are going to do more than enough for me.

I am opening the tent during the day and switching a 130w cfl on too for a bit of extra white, but really, the led seems to be enough on its own (didn't run the cfl for first week as experiment and all did well)

Would def rec the 600 though I think if you have a larger tent, I reckon the temp issue would be less that a degree or two so could've made it work, but erred on the side of caution. Will be buying either a second 400 or a 600 when I get the readies :-)

Hey BD,

The challenge I see with growing in confined spaces here in Oz, especially during our stinking hot summer months (45.3 degrees here a couple of weeks ago) with globes is the impact of heat stress on plants, and therefore the impact on final yield quantities and quality.

This is where LED comes into the equation.

We know LED produces lower yields, but is much more suited to our summer time conditions. The difference in yield between LED and say HPS becomes somewhat more acceptable with the likelihood of a reduction in yield when using HPS due to significant heat stress during these such conditions. Of course during the cooler months, HPS etc. kick arse!!

I'm thinking of growing with LED during summer and HPS in winter.

I am really interested to see how your panel performs mate. Maybe do a diary if you have the time. It would be great to see a completed LED diary on this forum.

What have you got growing under your panel atm?

Thanks for all the info.

Cheers,

PB.

Hey pb , thinking I might do a glog soon.

Might even start this arvo.

Have a mixture of mr nice genetics (cannot recommend mr nice auctions highly enough, if you can win a few auctions for good prices the value is nuts!)

Devil, g13xwidow, and a mix pack called dreamtime with heaps of dif phenos in there.

Also my mystery bag seed sativa which I was lucky enough to get back after losing last year (the perfect reason you need to freely share your genetics around folks..)

Super happy after 3 weeks.

Like you, will shift back to an hps for winter, currently running an extra 130wTt cfl during day when then is opened, which seems to give a bit of extra white n they digging it, but the led alone is producing strong new growth, just as you know a little slower than hps etc.