I have just entered into the world of growing, I have successfully germinated 6 outta 8 seeds in a electric propogator.

I am using a Mag357 LED and 2 planter boxes in a grow tent, I have hooked up a heater set around 24 c and have used seedling and cloning medium as my growth soil mixed with vermiculite. Also have set my timers at 18/6 light dark have set up a hydrometer and my humidity is sitting round 26% and I guess my only real concern is mildew and mold as LED doesn't give much heat, Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks man, what I want to grow is Tropicanna and it's a cross between big bud,white widow, it's got a decent THC content and it's disease and mildew resistant, and most importantly easy to grow! But I"m using some mystery seeds for my first run as I've read heaps and lots of it was rubbish but I've been able to get some good info. But no matter how much I've prepared I'm a first timer and that means I really know bugger all about anything to do with a grow. I've been basically stumbling into the whole project and just seeing what works, lots of thinking, worrying and resisting the temptation to add lots of things to make it work better. I've got my first leaves yaaay! Humidity has stabilised round 40% and I'm keeping the temp around 25c with no lights or heat in the 6 hour dark period.

My seeds were sourced from Amsterdam marijuana seeds but since I got them I've read heaps of bad shit from other members, I got mine they look great and I got like 25 instead of 20 for whatever that means, I'm happy with my product so far except it took so long to get here. But any advice would be very helpful, especially anyone with LED experience would be welcomed.

G`day Redeyedfrog, welcome to OS :D

Why not let a few folk know who and maybe where (not too specific) you are here...? Get a bit more out of ppl by sayin` hello.

So you going LED ay? Interesting choice 1st time up. I`m in for a look as the weeks go by for sure...

Plenty to learn and do yet mate so please read, read and then read some more. Besides the lighting choice, look at other grows in similar setups to yours, a lot of homework done already for ya there heheh.

Anyways good luck and happy growing :thumbsup:

JAIKAI

Well I've got humidity up to 80% I see a lot of folks here are not to high on led lighting but I thought what the hell I"ll give er a go, so I bought a decent quality one from USA THAT USES 3w bridgelux and has 11 spectrums and vegetative and flowering modes. It's power consumption is 180 but steps up to 350w so we shall see.

I am close to Canberra so I think I should light up at night and keep my dark periods for daytime.

Yep all I'm doing is reading and reading I also downloaded a copy of cannabis bible and that's been really helpful, I've got my first leaves and that's exciting, I'm not expecting any great production on my first grow as its more a training run than anything else which is why I'm using mystery seeds that way I can screw up an not be too mad at myself. Well anyways if this LED thing does not work out it will be minimal cost to buy different lighting as everything else is already bought so I'm not to worried about it. But I am quite hopeful as it is a pretty awesome panel with whisper quiet fans and I've seen other grow diaries with the mag357 that have come up with some great yields. I will keep u up to date

Ok I almost burned my house down using a el cheapo coil element heater, it seized up my temperature dropped and only because I have wireless temp and moisture probes did I notice the temp drop, I went down to the basement and smelled the acrid scent of burnt electrics.

I have now switched to a ceramic element and gave stabilised around 23 degrees which is the magic of LED and have also bought a fan with ducting and wow the smell from my tent is gone.

This is beginning to be a bit of fun. I feel like the mad professor at his lab... Bwaaahahaha!