CURING/DRYING THE BUDS

isn't water a solvent for mj not a polar sovent ? that beign the case how does this flush anything out ? if you where to use somethign like xylene or another polar solvent then your metals would come out but I don't think water will do it

it could just be me late on a sunday though so if one of our chemistry geeks wants to confirm I'd apreciate it :D

regardless though your method sounds a bit strange to me , and I see allot of room for potential risk to the crop , I think i iwll stick to the old fassion ways :D

:whistling Been making butter for a yr now and I resisted water in my pot the first time. Like cooking with lawn grass. Watch an instructional video and they boiled it! But first they explained that triches won't breakoff in warm to hot water. He said you you could do this mutile times and not lose thc. just chlorophyll. He's gotta be nutz- I thought, but I tried it once and was convinced . The next time I drained off and changed the green water to boil in twice, Same effects, less flavor. 2 or 3 times works best for me, won't turn everything you cook MONSTER-GREEN, and it won't taste like lawn grass. That's what got me thinking and remembering the water-cure. I got a harvest in 2 wks and I'll try 1oz or so and see. :D

post-3126-1110737976_thumb.jpg

Guest jjfto
Noticed you were "on" and just wanted to say thanx again for helping me with my experiment. I'M CONVINCED! Took the cough right out of it for me..... 

another happy convert.

i hope to see everyone here at least try a water cure soon :smoke

:thumbsup THE RESULTS ARE IN!:thumbsup Many thanx to jjfto for hooking me up with the overgrow link on this water-cure thing. I read through the whole discussion and this one guy kept coming back with "why wait a whole week?" Common sense tells me that to hurry with shit, you take chances. But I like experimenting, especially since I've been waiting 37 years to be able to grow my own legally and now that I can my throat is too far gone to smoke it anymore. I'm still waiting for my trichomes to turn color so I can harvest and try the 7 day soak thing, but meanwhile I took some white widow that has slow-cured for 7 weeks and soaked for 3 1/2 hours then dried overnight in my (homemade) drying-chamber and tried it the next morning first thing- which usually tears my throat up really bad. I gotta say; it was like smoking fresh air! Tasted like bubble-hash but much, much smoother and mellower. NO burning in the throat at all but it tasted way different. The stone was much more intense than usual, maybe because of the ability to smoke more. Tasted like hash but unlike hash was easy to smoke because it didn't keep burning and getting hotter between tokes. I can't wait to do the 7-day thing, I pretty happy to find that I can still enjoy smoking. Another plus is: you can completely dry it for long-term storage without mold/mildew worries. I'm so glad I tried this- I recommend it for everyone. It does change the taste but so.......

post-3126-1112048044_thumb.jpg

:thumbsup :thumbsup ALRIGHTY THEN... I harvested a week ago and half my buds in buckets and filled with warm water and did that seven day thing. I put the buds in my "drying-box" overnight and just got to sample a bit of the end product. I gotta tell you, IT ROCKS! Why would you even bother making hash with bags or anything else. It's all right here. I urge anyone who has respiratory or throat irritation problems to try this with some of your crop, it will change your life. Many thanx to jjfto for the help. Be advised that you should really read the ENTIRE OVERGROW thread (many pages) to be sure and get it right. The very idea confuses the shit out of people. Try it- you'll like it :thumbsup Mr. Bill

post-3126-1113079475_thumb.jpg

:thumbsup

what can i say?

just try it. The whole idea of smoking is to get smashed, not get cancer. i water cure EVERYTHING, even buds off the street.

with a water cure you get rid of most of the shit and keep all those sweet trichomes