hash gets mouldy way easier than cannabis, if you are buying hash through the blackmarkety it is definately infected with mold. By the time imported hashish gets to aus, its potency has dropped like 80% due to oxidization and mould. Which led to dealers lies such as white bits in hashish being opium, etc..... Also through the black market you'll find up to 25% of the hashish is soil.

When I think of cat-piss smelling pot mould doesn't come to mind, there are a million types of mold and most of them smell like mold and will taint and destroy the natural odour of the cannabis, when I think of cat-piss smelling buds my romulan mum comes to mind, and if anyone thought they where mouldy and threw them out they would be retarded.

Mouldy buds will smell musty and moldy when you give them a squeeze but the best way to check is to look at every bud with a magnifying glass and look for mould and spores, look for white or grey stringy bits between resin heads anb in between calyx's, and grey pistils on parts of buds, and also crispier bits than the rest.

But the best way is to smoke 1 cone of the pot, if the smoke is overly dry and harsh and mouldy tasting you should'nt be smoking it, when I smoke too much mouldy pot I get recurring tongue and throat infections.

Basically with any pot, if it dont seem right dont smoke it, cos its probably not.

Yeah, stuff buying anything anymore anyway, what I grow and make for myself is more than ample to keep me supplied. ;)

WC, so the main way you tell if you should be smoking pot because it may be mouldy is to smoke it? ;) ::P:

I think the only way to successfully destroy any mould spore would be oven treatment wouldn't it? :P And even then it may not get all through it, and you may still get sick.....

Yeah, if in doubt, throw it out. :)

after I checked that the buds are free of mould by smell and appearance I will smoke them yes, because there is alot of shit you cant tell by looking that makes a poor smoke, unflushed buds get thrown also, but sometimes you can tell you just never saw that mould.

I understand that for brash 1 mouldy cone may be one too many, but for the rest of us, one cone will just make you cough, 3 cones will give you a hoarse throat and 10 will fuck you and infect you.

Just watch for that chalky, mould taste.

What WHITE CLUSTER said was soo true & im gonna stick with it.

Basically with any pot, if it dont seem right dont smoke it, cos its probably not.

When i use to buy WEED most of the time it was small & very poor quality.

I thought to myself "why pay someone, if you can grow it yourself" & my new years resolution was to grow MASSIVE BUDS ... ;)

Well anyways, the point is the soo called "DEALERS" would be taking the same risk as you would have growing the shit.

AM I RIGHT ? But then again, they get the WEED we pay for & we get shitty WEED

Well thats my opinion

~ peace out

cool cheers for replies guys.

The reality is the dope trade is fucked up seriously. In my time im always with bikies and the other orgnaised crime figures i mean not with them as in to say i have a fat gut and lots of tattoos but just working for them. I am no longer dealing with those people and branching off on my own cause i dont like the way things are going.

Cause where i am from the pushers (what we call people who buy in ounces and sell in sticks) are buying ounces and we all know how much that weighs for $280-$300. If u do the math that dealer is gunna have to sell some pretty small sticks to make his money back.

The trade needs more organisation and i call on you perth people to think of how we can do this.

I BELEIVE THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO WANT THIS TOO BUT ARE A LIL SCARED OF WHO TO APPROACH. CAUSE IT MIGHT BE A COP.

Im starting to think maybe i should go kamakazi and setup a large scale operation and be the fall guy so the dope trade can be fixed up for future.

I appreciate ozstoners is to assist people become self-sufficient but in most case people just want weed and get there moneys worth like the good old days.

When i was a lil dealer id byu from my guy for like $240 the dope was always there in large numbers so my supply was there the money was right and becasue i was moving lots for him the ounce weighed about 34grams so a lil bit heavier as a bit of a bonus.

THIS IS SO SAD. I WISH SOMEONE WOULD INVENT A CHAT ROOM OR WEBSITE WERE THINGS LIKE THIS COULD BE SAFELY DISCUSSED OR ORGANISED WITHOUT PEOPLE THINKNI IM A COP OR SOMETHING.

The other thing with dope smokers is that they are very rarerlly doers and just get wasted and whatch tv and shit which in a way is whats killing the business no one can be bothered to sort things out.

Ahh well interesting thread i must say.

... Which led to dealers lies such as white bits in hashish being opium, etc ...

In the early 70's we used to get 'opiated' hashish here in Oz and yes it did have a white skin (akin to the rind on a nice brie). This was definitely mould but was only on the outside of large blocks. But when you cut the hash it had 2 distinct products roughly mixed together, in amounst the hash (the colour of dark chocolate) was streaks of a black sticky substance, very black and different texture to the rest of the block. I have tried raw opium in Nth Thailand and this hash I refer to definitely had it in it. Lovely smoke but haven't seen it since the 70's ... it was truely a two toke wonder.

I'd be inclined to disagree with that pilk

Think of how much money is spent on illicit MJ, I reckon it would be more than spent on cigarettes and I certainly don't think it's "small time"

I'm with you 99ways,

Lets do some simple maths - If 10% of the population (20 million) smokes regularly (a very conservative figure IMHO) and if they buy only 2 ozs a year (another a very conservative figure) @ $350/oz (what I believe to be a standard price in major cities) you end up with an annual turnover of about $1.5 billion. I personally think that the real figure is far higher than this, probably closer to $5 billion. Small time? I think not.

You are aware that some growers bobby trap their crops, potentially leading to not just a cultivation charge but also a manslaughter one (in the extreme), once again small time? No. Do you know anyone in jail for cannabis? Ask them if they think it's small time ... I suspect you might get a strong response :D

By not moving to decriminalize cannabis, the government's of Oz are guilty of supporting the black market and indeed organized crime. To me this is a valid conclusion, given the governments are/or should be aware of the stats