Has anyone used Budwise?

Hi Guys,

Recently the worst possible thing statred happening to my only little girl, she started pushing out bananas. I could have cried.

I think I know why, I got too 'motivated' and fell asleep before I put the final light seal on the box. It had about 4 hrs the next morning of darkness with some pretty major light leaks.

When explaining the situation to my local Yoda, he suggested a hormonal foliage spray that kills male flowers and steralises (spelling?) pollen.

After some research I found and Aus made product called Budwise. The local grow shop stocks it, but I thought I'd see of any OS's had first hand experience using it?

I am only 3 weeks into flower, I am hoping an early treatment now will prevent any further polination or male flower production. I guess my main concern is if the little freak keeps producing both flowers I'll need to continue using all through the flower cycle, resulting in a lot of this stuff coating the buds. I was also thinking water curing may be the way to go to wash some residue of before consuming.

Any thoughts would be appreciated......

Stealth

hey i dont know this Budwise ... but i can tell you that plain water kills pollen instantly on contact

as for killing male flowers well you havent got male flowers have you ... its just bananas ?

sometimes bananas have pollen that is sterile, or in late stages of flowering there are no white hairs left on flowers to catch the pollen and fertilise, so its no problem

if its only one small plant id be removing any visible bananas daily

whatever ya do all the best with it :peace:

Cheers Frazz.

I'm very new to this so forgive my ignorance, I thought bananas were male flowers?

I've never taken a male plant beyond 2 weeks of flower so i've never really seen a developed male flower. I started puling off the visable ones and noticed some were yellow, as I was plucking them off I saw the yellow dust spreading and figured that was a male flower and pollen?

The plain water sounds like the go too, when lights switch on i'll give it a bit of a shower.

Its only three weeks in so all the hairs are white and pristine, just hanging to get some of that yellow dust on them. As for plucking the bunches off, it's a ScrOG grow in a caninet that is very low, long story short, the only way to get at every site is by pulling the whole thing out, which is quite an exercise. The sites within reach that i have plucked are already showing some ovious signs of rough treatment.

I'll try the water and budwise things first, if neither stop the spread i'll just let it go for a couple more weeks before my next two are ready to go in. then boil the whole thing into some butter

Cheers man

yea that can be a little confusing ... but the real male pollen sacks are like tiny green balls 'bout the size of a matchhead and when they are ripe they open up .. looks something like a closed fist and as it opens all the fingers are the pollen-coated bananas .. if you get what i mean ..

but the single little bananas appear on female flowers somethimes, rather than the whole pollen ball/sack , and yes the yellow powder is the pollen , spray water first then pick the buggers off with tweezers or something

as i said cause its male bits on a female it still might be sterile too which means its no worries but you dont know that until later on when you see or dont see seeds , also when fertilisation occurs the white hairs quickly turn brown but that also happens when you handle them and fiddle with them too ... im always fiddling with my buds hehe

hey its not ignorance its just learning , hope i havent confused you further lol ... try doing a search in the top righthand of this page ,' pollen '

:peace:

• Upvote 2

cheers again Frazz,

I may have misrepresented my situation. Deffo bunches of bananas, since reading your reply I've looked closer and I can see a few single bananas, for the most part they're bunches.

Anyway, i've purchased and used the product i mentioned Budwise. I don't know if it's just a timing coincidence, but after one light and dark period all the white hairs are starting to brown off. I think widespread pollination has occoured, but i'm hopeful it might just be a side effect and seeds won't appear.

I'll report back on the results