Work and weed

Guest Wilderbud

If you were offered work on the condition that you stop smoking weed would you stop smoking?  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've smoked and worked at every job I've had.

Big W, Orchard, Furniture factory, Chaff mill and Harvey Norman.

Harvey Norman was the best because I played golf with the manager. He knew I smoked and was stoned at work, but didn't really care so long as I got my work done. Computer tech. The others I had to hide the fact.

Sure there are some jobs where smoking could affect your performance, but if you can handle it and still be productive then I dont see it as being an issue. When I get the shearers in to work I dont care what they do so long as they get their work done. Even had a few drinks and a smoke at lunchtime with one mob.

I've struggled with this problem over the years. I just smoke when I feel like it, which is before work and at smoko.

Last project the stress of the job went through the roof and I was smoking all day. Because I am older than the guy who owns my company I told him I was smoking too much at work and wasn't in a good frame of mind, he listened and made some changes, so now he knows I smoke but knows I am dedicated as well. I've tried to stay straight but use Clear Eyes heaps instead :peace:.

Workplace Health and Safety and Insurance companies will void any insurance if I have to be blood tested after any accident so why bother quitting? Smoke on and hold your head high I say lol