Work and weed

Guest Wilderbud

If you were offered work on the condition that you stop smoking weed would you stop smoking?  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Used to smoke on some jobs and not others, before my working career ended. TBH, i wasn't that much of a fan of gettin' ripped of ya tits while at work. Mainly cause i could'nt keep myself focused on the task at hand properly. Tend to stray away from the tasks most of the time. :ack:

Also, i had a good spook once, a workmate and meself just finished knockin' over a J at work and within 5 mins the local sarg lobbed in. The pair of us shat ourselves, totally off our nut tryin' to deal with the sarg, wasn't a pleasant moment. :peace:

But yeah, as i got older the more i got turned off from sparkin' up at work. Was getting a bit ordinary gettin' home and smokin' ya head off chasing that stone that ya get with the first choof of the day. Same as many, eventually gave away smokin' at work so i could appreciate it more at the end of the workin' day.

:toke:

Hello Guys............oh and gals hahaha :thumbdown:

Ill tell you guys a 100% true story about my experience with doctors and our favourite herb :punk:

It goes like this:

I have been a very restless little character and was allways labelled as a trouble maker even though the only reason i was labelled as this is because i would often correct teachers and show them proof should they try to use their "im the teacher i know best argument"{especially in IT}, when i was 14 i was diagnosed with scoliosis......... which to say the least really fucked me up as even though i was a bit more then chubby, i loved my life and was quite active. The worst part of this was that my scoliosis was almost irepairable and was such because a family doctor misdiagnosed me 3 years earlier and it got much worse. Now long story short, i went for the operation to have a spinal fusion {basically means what it says.........i.e. whole spine is fused together with metal rods} which is definately the worst kind of pain you could imagine.......... i was on a full adult dosage of morphine and i was screaming in agony whenever someone would try to move me!!!! broken arms are a piece of piss {and i know as i have broken one plus a wrist}. Basically really limited my life from there on. Now the worst part is that when i started to do what other teenagers were doing such as concerts etc i was in pain and had to really limit what i did in case i hurt my new and modified back. After a while the pain would become a nightly thing, and due to the pain i suffered in the operation im scared shitless of doctors {most people after this operation are........its about the sort of pain you would expect from having your testicles ripped off your body through your mouth}. Anyways i got offered some MJ by this looser i thaught was my mate {not cos he smoked but because he was a little prick who eventually got his front teeth knocked out but thats another story and my hands are clean hahaha}, i thaught to myself {being the inquisative type who cant spell hahaha} that i would read up on it and what i found is exactly what you guys have......... its harmless unless you abuse it but in effect its much more easy to abuse alcohol with greater repercussions.......... so i tried it and i felt like the rods werent even there...........it just mellowed the pain to the point that i didnt really notice it {after living without pain killers due to my stuburn nature}. I thaught wow......... and after a while i started to loose weight {which doctors have tried everything for me to but it never worked}. So here i was, i started to enjoy life again. What i noticed is that i felt great and didnt have pain even when i didnt smoke because i finally lost the weight. So i quit because i didnt think i needed it plus i met a chick that was really clean cut and i wanted to make a future with her, god it was easy to give up..... just took on a few new hobbies and bingo. This break from mj lasted 5 years cold turkey!!!

Anyways, down to the point............ I have been working really hard after starting a business and was gaining weight quite quickly {was 25 and around 110kg}, and a mate told me about his doctor and how he could help me. Anyways the doctor prescribed me duromine !!! I was on this for 2 years, lost no weight as my tolerence rose but in the process lost my business and a few friends because i was either really shitty cos i didnt have duromine or i was too scattered cos i had it!!!. I feel like i have lost 2 years of my life and i still have debts from that business!!!. Anyways, i went cold turkey on my own accord {very stubborn little fucker i am} and got off the duromine and told the doctor to go fuck himself literally. Now i smoke mj, have lost over 20kg in 2 mths, i eat well........i have plenty of energy and i am no longer in pain. I have had my blood pressure drop, im not as aggressive as i used to be....... although i think 2 years on duromine couldnt have been good for my body although i only took over the prescribed dosage for a few months so i hope my body will recover.

Cheers

Chris :helpsmilie:

Well i worked for one of melbourne's most prominent electronic stores and i can tell you this:

I used to have a j or two in the car...... would rush to be bathroom....... cleareyes and fix my hair there and bingo i was ready......... funny stuff. Nobody ever suspected!!! plus i had the highest sales record in the company plus i was getting paid the best hahahaha Life was grand!!! Its damn fun trying to convince people to buy a certain model even though the only reason your pushing it is cos the boss has 20 times as many of them and the rest of the tv's are set to make their colour worse!! I couldnt do it for too long as my concience was really bugging me but was damn fun work!!! :helpsmilie:

Mayb ive been more fortunate than most with my jobs, every job i was at i was alowed o smoke as long as i didnt come into work acting lke an asshole....some does have to put food in the fridge and pay the bills...so i just get stoned before work, at lunch, and after work and just do that...i will ever qui smokin weed... :D :D quittn smokin

I tend to enjoy a smoke a lot more if it is at the end of a hard days work, makes me feel like i deserve it more. Although i have been baked a few times at work which i must admit was pretty sweet. I work in a small pizza place so as you can imagine it was like heaven, gelati, pizza, soft drinks, bbq pork ribs and we also do all your typical fried foods. The main downside for me was that i generally ate way too much food to the point where i felt sick. I have also been stoned at uni a few times but that didn't really work for me either, it was way to hard to understand the intricate details of human anatomy and physiology while baked out of my mind :unsure: