Microwaving weed

Back in my more foolish days when bud was scarce and my plants wouldnt grow quick enough I use to nuke it in the microwave but it always tasted like crap. Over time I believe I have developed the best possible way of nuking buds but still have some flavour and isn't that harsh.

I am pretty sure that direct heat ie) oven,roof,saucepan is going to be worse than a microwave if done properly. The few experiments I have conducted proved this but I welcome anyone else who would like to back up my theory (or disprove it!).

The problem arises when your buds start to heat too quickly. Microwaves are either on or off - High is just on all the time, Medium is on for a bit, then off for a bit. Low is on for a little bit, off for a while, etc. So you dont actually have different power levels, you get full power in either mode when you start to cook something.

You need something to absorb some of that energy so the buds dont get the whole lot. Place a container of approx 500ml of water in with the buds when you cook them. Place the buds on some baking paper and underneath that, place a paper towel folder over a couple of times. The baking paper keeps the buds dry and the paper towel will absorb any moisture not sucked out by the exhaust fan.

Put the microwave on med-low (30%) for 8-10 minutes. Keep an eye on the buds, the first minute is most important. You dont want the buds to "crackle" or pop, turn black, "flash" where you get a spark like effect. You may see it twisting a little but thats ok if none of the above occur. Once the 8-10 mins is up, take them out wiping any moisture that may have collected on the baking paper .Turn the buds over and repeat for another 8-10 mins.

Your buds should be dry but not too brittle. They should retain some of the smell and flavour and shouldn't be very harsh at all but it depends upon the quality of the bud as always.

I have found the best method of quick drying is to place a bud in a brown paper bag loosely folded then leave on the car dashboard for a day )works best in sunny weather obviously!).

If you really can't wait a day then the mic will have to do. I have had seeds explode in the nuke - they look great!

The brown paper bag works good in the micro too.I leave the bag open set the bud on the top of the bag and put the mirco on defrost I watch it very close,as it will ruin it as said before here,and does catch fire but if you just run it for very short blasts and bring it out for mintue to cool between each nuking that seems to work for the quick taste,

post-109-1087198386_thumb.gif

:o hey ya , about using the microwave for drying out sample smoke, here are a few tips most micros run 1200 watts up , to hot , what u want is one that run 600watts cheap fold 1 sheet of newspaper to fit in base of microwave place chosen, samples on paper ,place buds or tips side by sidenot covering each other as this helps steam or moisture to evaporate more quickly, in 600watt micro set on defrost for 15 minutes for buds, less for less etc, dont take eyes of while micro is going Safety first, after 15 mins smoke will keep drying for the next 1/2 hour or so after taking out of micro, aim for not quite dry when comes out of micro , after an hour or so it should just break up like cured gear will only smoke 1/2 as good also only smell and taste 1/2 as good ,but Still good lol cheers

post-109-1087204522_thumb.jpg