any wannabe breeders?

You call less than 10 EURO a pack a very big profit? Well I ain't getting rich off that bud. ;). Go check the prices at Sensi com or the other breeders and see how much I'm making off a pack of seeds. You obviously never checked their prices if you think I'm making a profit off Planetskunk. You just saw that our prices are more then theirs and assumed we were making a huge profit. Guess again.

Where does that huge 10 EURO profit go??? Running the site, hosting fees, free seed give away every month, advertising. I think I should raise the prices and make it into a profit generating site. Then I may be able get a return on the 150+ hours of coding, the 20 hours of commercial grade graphic design, the 2 hours a day I spend answering emails and getting seeds sent out to customers and all the time I spend answering members posts on the forums. Comprendo?

And I thought I was getting a sore thumb from the space bar on this keyboard, and not from counting all the money I stashing away from selling seeds off Planetskunk.

Edited by Sir Skunk-A-Lot

if you're not making money, why do it?  there are plenty of seedbanks out there, its not like people won't be able to get seeds from someplace else.

So Planetskunk can be the only Australian website of its kind that is financially self sufficient and 100% owned by Australians. In fact, we are the only OZ seed site of that size regardless of profit.

75% our customers are from OZ and want to support an Australian seed retailer, even though they know they can save a few $$$ if the buy their seeds from a cheaper overseas seed shop, with equally cheap or non existent before, during and after sales service.

Also many people like the fact that we can ship seeds from within OZ and bypass customs. The competition can't do that.

Planetskunk is only a new site (a little over 6 months old) that is owned by a former grower and not a business man whose only goal is to make a profit at any cost.

Maybe in another 6 months, if we sell enough seeds, I will be able to pay myself something for my effort.

Maybe, we will be able to buy in bulk and competed with the big boys who sell 10,000 EURO worth of seeds every week, without have to skimp of service.

Maybe we will be able to do all that with out having to scam money off customers too by selling stale seeds, over billing and all the other tricks the over guys use to turn a profit.

Opps, sounds like an ad, sorry pipeman..

Peace!

Edited by Sir Skunk-A-Lot

so basically, you are a company working for profit, you're just not succeeding at the moment. That is quite different to a "non profit" organisation.

don't pretend you are doing this out of the kindness of your heart by saying you are "non profit". You are just a guy trying to make a buck. nothing wrong with that, and if you were more honest about it rather than giving us all this crapola about doing something for Australia then maybe you would get more customers.

see heres the thing.....theres people who have money, they can afford to purchase seeds off of the seedbanks...but unfortunately im poor, im just barely holding on to the roof over my head....ive thought about doing something like this, just havent found anyone who will cooperate...johnny reefer seed already does this, but i believe that the more that do it the better....our goal should be to spread the seed, if there were better genetics floating around, then in my off season when im not growing, i wont have to worry about getting a shittty bag.....speaking of bags, i believe ill talk to you guys later.........

Hey peoples, pm me if your interested, also anyone wanna take the job of middle man, obviously someone trustable, I'm sure there will be alot in it for the person who chooses to be middle man, and all costs will be payed for by the growers.

anyway pm me and from there I reckon we can work by emailing in bulk to each other. whaddayas think??

and theres no kind of responsibilty here, it wont effect your crops until you decide to let it to, people who are real keen on the idea can arrange working together on projects later.

Anyways peoples, pm me, dont pm me if you just wanna be a test grower, cos everyone at the site is already a test grower. tell me what pontential males you have coming along too.

I'm taking myself a bit more serious and I'm thinking of maybe 2000w and a 49 plant maximum. Got the lights, just waiting for the balls.