Canna Beer

This is a little more info on makeing canna beer :)

Mj can be added to the beer at the same time as hops are added, THC is oil/alcohol soluble and some of it will dissolve in thr brew as it ferments.

Before being used for brew,The MJ should be thoroughly dried until it is crispy. this activates all the THC by removing water molecules from the THC molecules.

Next the MJ should be gently washed by soaking it in cold water for several hours. this removes some of the water soluble tars and chlorophyll associated with the "grassey" tast of MJ injestables,and was discorved that when soaking in cold water, some of the glands fall off the MJ and collecton the bottom of the container. These glands are so clean and free of plant debries, that when smoked they produce hardly any smoke and only an "essence" of tast. It's almost like smokeing oil, and also was discorved that these glands can be rolled into a very brittle "hash". However, this material melts easly when heated, and dose not re-solidify.

One easy way to handle the MJ is by useing a giant nylon "tea bag" . these often sold in brew stores all so u can use a ladys stocking.

It is hard to say how much MJ goes into the brew since diffrent people are sensitive to different amounts, and the quality of MJ varies geately. Years ago, the unknown brewer used to add one ounce of shade leaves per 4lts of brew. this comes to about 1/10 ounces per bottle. ;)

When useing a ladys stocking u should wash and steriliz very well first as u dont want anything from the stocking to spoil your brew, and when soaking the MJ soak it in the stocking and all the glands that fall off should stay in the stocking and when u put into your beer, the alcohol should dissolve it into the brew. :)

Edited by ozmade

HI there yer mate ya can, the 1st one i done that is what i used, when i finnish this grow i am gong to do another canna brew, that will be in about 6 weeks, not sure if i will use a can brew as yet, i will be doing a full spread on it with pics, but i will say the better pot u put in will makes it a stronger brew and if u just use leaf u will need as least 5 ouncers to a 23 ltr brew, if ya have a go and need to know anything just ask and let us know how it went.

Hey all just a quick note to let all the home brewers out there, i will be doing my next canna beer in the new year with all the leaf and smaller shitty buds i got off all my plants, fingers crossed i will have my digi cam back so i can do some pics of the all the steps so if any one wants to try that can ;)

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.