new greeny bits on buds?

my point is a ripe fruit will have little to know hairs as they have dropped off and or receded back into the bud. In this state you will find that atleast 50 percent of the tricomes are golden brown anyway if not more. Calayxes are nice and swollen. Different colors appear. Now that may not be to ones liking but IMO that is when that particular strain is ripe. Picking when a strain for instance is at a certain thc level excludes so many other cannabinoids from their full potential. Kinda defeats the purpose of different strains. These add to so much flavour and as I think it was Merlin that said leaving them adds flavour. That's the other cannabinoids at maturity.

Judging on tricomes colour alone is only one factor in judgin. If they say 8 I would give em 10. I would think they would wanna be very indica. Have some possible light disruptions I would add a few weeks again, been there, done that..... It takes a week or so for them to get their shit together again.....

Apologies for the ramble if its hard to read. Just trying to get a point across.

its really 'please yourself'

if youre unsure pull some now and the rest in a couple of weeks

harvest time has become highly variable with the majority of poly-hybrid strains which have become predominate from the seedbanks these days

within todays commercial strains there can be a huge variability even between siblings

of course everyone has different tastes and while some like early picked light high-up stone ,

others like a late harvest when the psychoactive levels give a heavier narcotic-like stone

shriveled brown hairs are a very poor indicator of where the flowers are in terms of maturity imo

viewing the trichomes under magnification as Merl1n suggests^ is very educational, worthwhile and accurate way to assess the maturity of flowers

:peace:

thanks for info guys.

I always kinda look at the trichs with a loupe and get a blend of the amber and cloudy.

I guess i was kinda more refering to when to pull with situation the plants are currently in, which is the revege/foxtails.

So im guessing i will just let em fly till i see the colours im looking for...but i also thought letting them go could just make them a complete write off as far as nice looking buds a concerend with too much leaf matter in them.

having said that tho, and i dunno if im just imagining it, but i have had them under 10 light hours now for a week, thinking it might trick em into slowing down with the foxtailing/revege, and well its seems they have slowed down with that a bit. theyve really frosted up too. theyre so fat man its funny, but as for the end weight i dunno.

Got a coupe of pistols coming of some, not much new leaf matter, but hoping now the worst is behind them.....but its not.... is it? hahahaha, i know it, but i like to try to fool myself. anyway, i'll come back and let you all know how these suckers are lookng in another 2 weeks.

cheers again.

Edited by fread

Yeah all I can suggest is to keep them going.

Personally it was the nannas that started up that worried me the most not the foxtailing (but its my first grow so it was all an experiment anyway) I chopped the top 1/2 that had the most nannas on them and the most foxtailing and let the rest go, hitting wk 16 on Monday and still only have maybe 2% amber, lol

The main thing I was worried about was that the nannas would completely seed the buds but that hasnt happened and Ive hardly been bothering to pick them off the last 2 weeks, plus there is only new pistal growth on the new bursts of foxtails that keep springing up, so I guess they are the only sites that could be pollinated now anyway.

Shes been on flush for like 4 weeks now, think Im going to hit her up with some 1/2 strength feed for 3 or 4 days and then start flushing again..

Keep in mind that this is a heavily sativa dominate plant though.

Yeah all I can suggest is to keep them going.

Personally it was the nannas that started up that worried me the most not the foxtailing (but its my first grow so it was all an experiment anyway) I chopped the top 1/2 that had the most nannas on them and the most foxtailing and let the rest go, hitting wk 16 on Monday and still only have maybe 2% amber, lol

The main thing I was worried about was that the nannas would completely seed the buds but that hasnt happened and Ive hardly been bothering to pick them off the last 2 weeks, plus there is only new pistal growth on the new bursts of foxtails that keep springing up, so I guess they are the only sites that could be pollinated now anyway.

Shes been on flush for like 4 weeks now, think Im going to hit her up with some 1/2 strength feed for 3 or 4 days and then start flushing again..

Keep in mind that this is a heavily sativa dominate plant though.

Geez man, sounds like you gotta live one on yer hands there. sounds really interesting actually. I have no nanas thankfully. got some decent pistols but thankfully not much new actual vege growth. I have a bit, little leaves bout the size of half a 5 cent piece.

Maybe because i turned the light down to 10 of light.

getting hell crystally, will post a pic when i do pull.

Geez man, sounds like you gotta live one on yer hands there. sounds really interesting actually. I have no nanas thankfully. got some decent pistols but thankfully not much new actual vege growth. I have a bit, little leaves bout the size of half a 5 cent piece.

Maybe because i turned the light down to 10 of light.

getting hell crystally, will post a pic when i do pull.

Pulled today.

totally impressed with the result all things considered.

the flowers are so fat it blows my mind. I thought ah yeah they look fat, but more than likely airy, but nup, they are fat and heavy as. Im stoked. Gonna throw up a pic tomoz, cant right now. But would like you guys to see em anyway.

what a wierd grow man. bloody wierd from day dot.

Cheers :yahoo:

Edited by fread