new greeny bits on buds?

This might sound a little long winded, but its as good as i can do atm hahaha, sorry.

Im on week 6 of flower right now, nearly the end of week 6 actually. My mate has been going thru the whole airy bud thing lately so im kinda spooked about that firstly.

My buds are looking fat as, which is good, but ive never seen em so fat so quick, that, and im now noticing new light greeny bits here and there over them.

So without me jumping to conclusions just by the size of them so far, what would you say the reasoning is behind the new greeny bits appearing on them? Im noticing too that there is now the top part of the buds kinda shooting up a bit and separating from the rest of the bud if that makes sense?

anyway was hoping someone could make some sense of it.

Just to add too, i have a "growlush" thermostat hooked up to an aircon and thats set to go off after 28 to 29 degC. the actual box is outside the room, but the temp wand is inside the tent.

I also have a cheap ass from bunnings thermometre in the tent, which is telling me most of the time the temps are 35C!

What am i to believe here temp wise? I have potentially airy buds, (which pretty much indicates heat if im not mistaken) but i have 120dollar thermostat telling me its not over 28c and i have a 10buck thermometre telling me its 35C.

Surely the temp wand is correct, and the cheapy isnt? If someone can tell me the new greeny bits on the buds are because its getting too hot, then i guess we can put the whole thing to bed.

cheers, thanks for reading.

I doubt it has anything to do with temperature.

Sounds to me that you have a light leak and the plants are starting to vege again.

Check your timer, I had the same problem once and noticed that one of my lights was coming on for 15 minutes during the off cycle. One of the little digets had moved and it was really difficult to notice.

I doubt it has anything to do with temperature.

Sounds to me that you have a light leak and the plants are starting to vege again.

Check your timer, I had the same problem once and noticed that one of my lights was coming on for 15 minutes during the off cycle. One of the little digets had moved and it was really difficult to notice.

deff check your timer mate, was going over my setup yesterday and noticed my12/12 timer was flicking on for 2 hours during sleep, really dont remember stuffing with the timer but pays to check

good luck!

Hey thanks for the replies,

Had good sus, looked at the timer, seems fine, tho im gonna go back out and just fart around with it make sure it def ok. Maybe i do get the odd bit of light in here and there, but we're talking for seconds, im real conscious of this. But maybe its enuff to do this? I opened the tent a smidge earlier (lights off) and man honestly i dont think theres any light that can get in.

Somethings askew thats for sure, the greeny bits im talking of are only little right now, but like i mentioned, the tops have kinda shot up a bit and there's a tad of space between the tops and the rest of the bud.

anyhoo, will check the timer again. I have my lights off in winter during the day so they dont get as cold, but gonna stop doing that.

I have to agree, sounds like a light leak or upset timing.

Just happened to me last grow, the smell dropped right down and I got these new little bud growths, like preflowers popping out all over the buds with tiny little hairs and all, I thought they were hermies or something at first, totally stuffed the bud structure and they turned into big piles of foxtails. took a good 2 weeks before things settled back down and growth resumed

Also, IMO having your pH off can also promote some unusual growths like foxtails, particularly after flushing.

Good luck bro.

tried to throw a pic up but not sure you can see that much really

Can someone tell me how much light leakage it would take to make things go back to vege?

I just cant see how its getting light during sleep time, i do go into the shed sometimes during the day and its possible its getting a little here and there, but if anything its more a dull light globe light. i wouldnt have thought it would be getting actual uv and if it was it'd be minimal.

Can someone tell me how much light leakage it would take to make things go back to vege?

I just cant see how its getting light during sleep time, i do go into the shed sometimes during the day and its possible its getting a little here and there, but if anything its more a dull light globe light. i wouldnt have thought it would be getting actual uv and if it was it'd be minimal.

did some more reading, fuck man, yeah, i didnt realize any sort of light intrusion in the room or tent would do it. so hell yeah its probably a definate then.

Thing is tho ive never ever had this before. nothing has changed at all whatsoever. so yup i still really arent that sure.

Some say that foxtailing is part of the strain.....anyone know if "white rhino" does it by anychance?

Thanks all for your concern and comment on this i appreciate it. I got some things to work on thats for sure before the next grow.