new greeny bits on buds?

Some say that foxtailing is part of the strain.....anyone know if "white rhino" does it by anychance?

foxtailing and re-flowering are common and predominant in Sativa dominant strains

who knows where you got your 'white rino' from and if it is in fact a WR strain?

originally WR was a F1 hybrid off White Widow and was basiclly Indica dominant, but being an F1 hybrid WR can vary a great deal depending on what parents it comes from,

even to the point where some who made claims to having WR strain only to be grown out and showing Sativa dominant markers!

as far as i know there is no fair dinkum stablised white rino today

sure there are half-baked seeds called WR from such seedbanks like Nirvana but these do not breed true, vary wildly and are not the original WR strain IMO

:peace:

Interesting Frazz.

Just ordered some Mr.Nice Medicine Man (White Rhino), I pray to god it doesn't turn out Sativa dom because I cant stand the stuff anymore, its sending me around the bend with anxiety.

I'd happy swap a QP of my Sativa for an Oz of Indica, SEQLD is such a shit hole, think Im going to have to quit until the Rhino and Blue Cheese Ive ordered are all growd up.

Sometime I REALLY miss living in Melbourne.

yea i dont know the Mr. Nice strains but out of all the breeders Mr. Nice has a reputation for pretty good genetics

and i reckon his description of a strain would be accurate as he knows his stuff generally

so one would imagine he, out of all the breeders of Cannabis seeds, he may have the original white rhino from way back

he has a reputation for keeping strains alive for many years, decades

so dont worry plastik those seeds will prolly do what he says they will and thats the main thing cause thats what you pay for and expect

but as we all know the fact that Cannabis is so widely Prohibited it brings also the same problems of growing that we small-time 'personel' growers face when we choose to grow our own

keeping strains alive whilst also breeding and selling seeds from them and keeping the genetics stable is no mean feat particularly working under Prohibition laws

add to the facts that the seed-breeding industry , and it certainly is a huge industry in dollar terms, is a totally unregulated industry open to a all kind of bad practices and abuses

and you come up with a lot of try-hard pollen chuckers, crossing the same strains back into same genepool time and time again ending up with same old, same old sorta thing .. more or less

and if it looks like a killer indica type plant with white frosty buds, then why not call it white rino and cash in on the name and reputation, thats gotta be worth a few grand alone, the name ...

and you find some breeders who do spend years developing and stabilising out new strains and bringing fresh landrace genetics back into what may otherwise becoming, a rather 'tired' Dutch genepool

watch the Spainish, they are getting in on the Cannabis industry and have some breeders who work landrace genetics, they have Cannabis festivals they even have 'members' associations'

where adults can grow and share amongst themselves very small amount of weed ,they not allowed to publicise or encourage and it must be kept between the adult members, etc ...

im really starting to ramble now ... :x

better add that this is now way a slight on the Dutch seed-breeders who in the past have truly saved us all from bagseed

some good info in there, thanks for that. Yeah, who knows what the hell it really is, was told WR but i wouldnt know to save my life.

Didnt realize with is issue i have that,

1 they are called foxtails.

2, some people actually try to get these.

i dont feel as anxious now about things, again ive never had this before so light leakage im not sure has been effecting things.

having said that, there's no doubt in ths world there is light leaking outta the thing hahaha, so anyway, i threw a sleeping bag over tent and cant see anything now, maybe might slow down any more vege happenning? i only got 3 or so weeks left.

Hi there Fread,

Foxtails?. It is defintely light.

I know cos I had them. My room's walls, on one room, were just butted up to the concrete floor of my shed.

My view was a bit like yours 'It won't matter that much'. It does. That small slither of light from the base of the wall that only ever saw the light when I opened the shed door altered the cycle enough :doh: . The smoke was alright but could have been better.

The plant, in heading cycle is producing nice sticky hairs to attract and retain any pollens floating by. These sticky hairs are covered in trichomes :thumbsup: . In grow cycle those hairs and the sticky glands are reduced as the plant thinks it needs to use its energy to grow more. :thumbdown:

But when the plant recieves more than 12/12 light it reverts back to grow and although your main light is 12/12 any light will have an effect.

If ANY light is escaping from your room, you are guaranteed that light is getting into your room, small as this maybe it will have an effect.

I have a halogen spotlight that I use and shine on the joins. Any light needs to be stopped. I have now used black silicon on all my joins and blocked all light.

I sit in my room for a good 15min with everything shut up and wait for my eyes to fully adjust, then check. A pin hole of light expands and as my room is white this pinhole can reflect light over the whole growing space.

My space with no lights on is BLACK total BLACK. I NEVER enter the room outside of its light cycle. NEVER.

Hi there Fread,

Foxtails?. It is defintely light.

I know cos I had them. My room's walls, on one room, were just butted up to the concrete floor of my shed.

My view was a bit like yours 'It won't matter that much'. It does. That small slither of light from the base of the wall that only ever saw the light when I opened the shed door altered the cycle enough :doh: . The smoke was alright but could have been better.

The plant, in heading cycle is producing nice sticky hairs to attract and retain any pollens floating by. These sticky hairs are covered in trichomes :thumbsup: . In grow cycle those hairs and the sticky glands are reduced as the plant thinks it needs to use its energy to grow more. :thumbdown:

But when the plant recieves more than 12/12 light it reverts back to grow and although your main light is 12/12 any light will have an effect.

If ANY light is escaping from your room, you are guaranteed that light is getting into your room, small as this maybe it will have an effect.

I have a halogen spotlight that I use and shine on the joins. Any light needs to be stopped. I have now used black silicon on all my joins and blocked all light.

I sit in my room for a good 15min with everything shut up and wait for my eyes to fully adjust, then check. A pin hole of light expands and as my room is white this pinhole can reflect light over the whole growing space.

My space with no lights on is BLACK total BLACK. I NEVER enter the room outside of its light cycle. NEVER.

these bits of info are what helps bring it all together, cheers mate. i think whats happened is going in and out of the shed and having the night cycle during the day has done it. i do have light leaks totally, but usually i have the drk cycle at night so it was never noticed until now. So my way of thinking is, i have 3 weeks left max, tht will make it 10 of flower, but last night i dropped the the light hours down to 10 only, not thats its going to stop the revege but it might trick things into slowing down a tad while the plant is working out what going on. Like i insinuated in another post here on a different topic, i shouldve been sus at the beggining when they were growing too fast and looking to big too quick that something wsnt right. They are still looking fat and nice just a wild.

Would anyone suggest to pull at week 8 with these? am i just digging a hole by letting them go for 9 to 10?

I would leave em longer than 10 weeks. Nearly everyone pulls too early. People pull early because they like an "earlier" uplifting high but not when the fruit is ripe. Every strain is different but most try and smoke them when the ratio of thc and cbd are to what they like, not how the strain is intended to have when ripe.

Also seed banks talk up Or should I say talk down the weeks of flower. Don't just trust the colour of the tricomes.

Hi again,

Each strain is different and matures at different times. This can cause problems for growers who try different strains in the same grow

Some people say 8weeks, pull at 8 weeks, no matter what stage the plant is at they pull at 8 weeks.

Others say when the hairs turn brown, pull. The browning of the hairs repeats it self. They brown, drop off. The bud swells and the hairs reappear. I like to have mine go thru this process 3 times, which can take up to 12 weeks. Another OS member informed me that this increases the CBD content. I'm not sure if this is true, but other info he gave me was true and correct. What I do know is the increase in the taste and maturity of the smoke. NICE, very nice

Others think the browning hairs are the triches but the triches are tiny and to properly see them you need a microscope. Here are a couple of pics that may help at differing magnifications.

Here are some measurements of trich sizespost-24238-0-51827400-1315214186_thumb.jpg to give you an idea

In the next pic you can see the brown hairs. post-24238-0-43475100-1315211733_thumb.jpgWhat looks like ice crystals are the triches. They have a stem with a small ball of resin at the top a bit like a lollipop. The little ball turns from clear to white to brown. It is suggested that when the balls are 50% white 50%brown THC is at its highest level.

Having your rooms daylight hours at night is pretty normal. It helps with temp regulation. Things get pretty cold sometimes overnight and the heat from lights reduces the temp fluctuations with the heat from the day, also in summer additional heat from lights with summer sun can be the last thing you need. I run mine at night. But running at night with light leaks can be a problem eg a glowing shed can bring unwanted attention.

Hope it helps

Merl1n

its really 'please yourself'

if youre unsure pull some now and the rest in a couple of weeks

harvest time has become highly variable with the majority of poly-hybrid strains which have become predominate from the seedbanks these days

within todays commercial strains there can be a huge variability even between siblings

of course everyone has different tastes and while some like early picked light high-up stone ,

others like a late harvest when the psychoactive levels give a heavier narcotic-like stone

shriveled brown hairs are a very poor indicator of where the flowers are in terms of maturity imo

viewing the trichomes under magnification as Merl1n suggests^ is very educational, worthwhile and accurate way to assess the maturity of flowers