advice/help 4 a 8x4 scrog

hey all

heres one for all u scrogers i would like to convert ova to a scrog

with 16 plants in a 8x4 area 3 600w lights strain either blackberry widow or hdf unsure ,!

now where im a bit unsure here is i havnt a table so i either use what i have or constuct somthing ?

either 4 60ltr pots with 4 plants per pot on a recurculating system to a

100ltr brain an 200ltr res.

or ???????????that wher i need your help pls

been doing it same way 4 to long its time 4 a change so any help would b greatly appreciated to u all thnx WS :rolleyes:

It would help if measurements were accurate. Is this 8 feet by 4 feet or 8 metres by 4 metres?

By any means, for scrog you have way too many plants for that area if you are planning a scrog.

You can easily cover an area of 8' X 4' with 4 plants, creating a thick coverage and numerous budding sites. You would also need to scale down your hydroponic system as this is way too much for such a small scrog.

Have your screen approximately 10 - 12 inches above the top of your rooting medium, this will allow for a huge range of bending, cropping or tieing, whatever your method of control shall be. Any smaller and you will definately become unstuck with breaking branches and even stressing your plants.

heh whiteusskunkus, happen to run a 8'x4' floodndrain table. After much fucking around, i have found 11 plants to be ideal for this area using scrog/supercropping. I allow 3 weeks of veg. under 1000w...... plant grows upright for 1 week... after 1 week, stem top is tied down horizontal...top is heavily tied down in 2nd week to force alternate branching.... end of 2nd week if any lower branches start stretching say beyond the outside of your pot, tiem them down to contain stretch.... 3rd week all lower branches longer than say 10-15cm being most of them are tied down hard..... all main branches including the main stem top continue to be tied down in week four which for me is the 1st week of flowering... 5th week which is the beginning of the 2nd week of flowering i take all ties off and let the plants do their final stretch, only having the top main step tied. Toward the end of the second week of flowering, if there any main braches that look like shooting off beyong your set canopy, then ti down from the bottom of its stem. Dude this is the first time i've done it this way, nearly two weeks in... been pretty hassle free, not too much tying and the canopy is forming nicely, all main braches have plenty of space to grow, getting heaps of light into the mid part of the canopy.... i grow Black Domina and am growing BC Bigbud for the first time... talk about containing stretch.... should be very intertesting.... love to challenge the Sativa's lol

Anyway, will try and draw a sketch of the 11 sites for 8x4' space.... sure you can probably imagine it, symetrical... start with one container (400X100mm) at one end, then two, then one working yourself up the length of the table... from experience i reckon whatever space you have and how ever many plants you grow in this space and whatever tying method you use, good ruling is that once 1/2 - 3/4 of the canopy is set, click to 12/12, simple as that.... the rest will then happen in a very short space of time.

Peace

Guest BudWaver

too easy scrogging it mate in that space...you can have as many plants as you want for scrog...the more the faster the veg and the faster the turnover..less plants means more veg time and slower turnover....

If you grow small numbers of plants for too long to fill up your screen then you run the risk of running out of root room....

12 inches is maximum I would have my screen above my pots...

Hey WhiteSkunk how ya gowin. I'm currently runnin a 12' by 6' scrog consisting of 6 50lt pots and 6 sensi skunk clones. I veg for 6 weeks which completly fills the screen then turn back to 12/12. I then let it extend about 12 to 14" above the net which takes about 7 to 10 days then hit them with superbud. This stops the extension after about 1/4". Within 5 days buds are starting to form. By the end of week 6 from superbudding the hairs have browned to about 85% and i start to harvest. The only real problem i have found is like BudWaver said i did encounter some over crowding root masses growing down my drain lines but this was fixed each week when i flushed i dropped off the drain lines and cleared the roots out with some stainless wire. My finished yeild is between 90 and 100 ounces. ( Obviously i'm running high watts. ) Happy Scrogging. ;) :D