Seretonin Levels....

Guest Wilderbud

Ive taken care of a boy who was on ADHD drugs and stopped taking them. Sure he was crazy but Im pretty sure a minority of kids have always been crazy and I grew up with it so I could handle this boy without his sedatives. I sometimes think of how many of my friends would have been on ADHD drugs while I was growing up if the drug had been around. B)

I watched some thing on ABC lately about some crazies [a common term IMO] in England who were released from mental hospitals into homecare - Id probably give kids like these sedatives as anyone can tell they have a mental disorder [they remind me of me when I was young - scary] but some of the kids Ive seen taking AD&D drugs is depressing [social behavior should be learnt gradually and drugs should be a last option].

Zoloft is cheaper than staying at Boys Town. :rolleyes:

Whilst I am not a supporter of kids using pot, I can see the need for it being available to them as a prescribable medicine.

I agree with that, but I think as a last resort, really.

I know BB you've had trouble with it, but there are ppl who can, and ppl who can't. Like anything I spose. But it doesn't mean it'll be fucked for everyone. And as for a chemical imbalance, which I have BESIDES depression, there is not much you can do except take meds to correct that imbalance, ie zoloft. I only take 50mg, I automatically cut mine in half anyway. And it works fine for me.

WP, you do what you gotta do matey. Ritalin is a bastard, but if your son is like that, then it's a sad fact of life, but it must be done. You can't let kids suffer, coz you think it's wrong or bad to give them meds at that age. You give em' what you're told to, and what makes them happy, comfortable kids. The most important thing is LOVE. Children will always respond to affection, and if you have a happy stable home, with lots of laughs, smiles and cuddles, you can't go wrong, meds or not B) I think you guys with kids know this already! :rolleyes:

Guest Babybear

YEs Yrs ago the boysd were normal an i could handle lookin after them Aspergers is ALOT worse then adhd imagin a kid that is both.. he was normal an well his body an brain is fucken without it

He can heal proper an takes weeks even moths to get over a cut..

I just think IT is the easy way out an parents that cant control the kids, to be honest MY parents cant handdle either EVEN when on medications..the result of there head been complety controled an changed to the way the meds make u go

..Anti depresents to is JUST fucken wrong on any child.. You wouldnt give your child Mj or amphetimines on perpouse would u?? im sorry im gettin upset BUt i see my too little bros LONG term results since they were 7 both over 10 an very emotions an no idea how they can handle the normal world with out the drugs..BOTH kids hate taken them cause it has lots of side effects them..REALLY REALLY look up an what it can do to your child long term...ITs not a good thINg.. Ya all think im wrong BUT hey im aloud my view on this fucken up world that runs to meds to help shit

depresion is mostly life situations..suffered it since i was a kid an know whats it like,,anyhow there is other ways to try :rolleyes:

Why are our kids becoming like this at such an early age? Some health professionals are saying drug use by mum, some say it's the way we're evolving. What do you think?

we have not needed anti depressents until the last few years, why would society need them so much now?

i dont know what to think but i dont believe the kid will turn out allright on anti deps. no offense