MJ Tea

Place your herb into a container eg. empty tea bag and boil for 15 minutes, any longer and you may boil out some chlorophyll as well.

Adding butter would only serve as a flavour and would make the whole mixture interesting. Floating butter and then milk mixed in.

It would be much simpler and probably better on the taste buds to just make your herb tea just the same as you would any other tea and then drink. Does taste bland compared to other teas and may need sweeteners eg Honey to make it highly consumable.

anyone tried grinding up some buds and putting in a espresso shot? i've been contemplating doing that at the coffee shop i work at, seems like it could work..

Many years ago i was a regular at, what will be an unnamed, cafe. My favourite waiter used to charge me $7.50 for a special short black (coffees were about a $1 in those days). In the coffee grinds he would add a small amount of hashish and a little raw opium which then got 'brewed' by that rush of steam. Great stuff.

On the tea subject - I have heard of this but they tell me to heat (not boil) the cannabis and milk together, then breaking it down with water and sweetening to taste. A mate and me made some T-bags but only as props for a TV interview on the ABC news late last year. I'll post a photo of it shortly.

Hey brash, just a query about the teabags... are they meant to just be a joke or were they a serious effort at medication supply for patients in need? :P

I must say it's refreshing to see someone who is making a concerted public effort to reform our ridiculous legal discrimination against cannabis. You rock man. Keep up the good work, you've got all of us behind ya. :P No, not that way.... ;)

Have you discussed or considered growing your own small supply? (1 or two plants of known qualities?) Or would you find that just too dangerous for your freedom? Do you know if there are likely to be any changes to the ban on personal growing for medicinal need in your or other states?

Sorry to lob all the q's at ya.... But I'm just so happy and interested in someone who has the balls to stand up and be counted like that.... ;)

Joke or Serious?

A bit of both. Each t bag contains 1 gram real cannabis leaf (ooh, how naughty), but was designed only as a prop for cameras. Label reads "Medically Active Herb" - CANNABIS TEA - digestif - antiemetic "Low psychoactive formula".

My doctor tells me that some older 'cannabis niave' patients get a benefit from pretty low grade cannabis - potentailly the placebo effect, but possibably from other chemo effects aside from delta-9-THC or other cannabinoids. Could be terpenes or flavoroids, no one is sure but it does seem to still give the munchies to some patients. At SICC of Sydney we believe the patient should be able to take cannabis in the way that works best for them, inhale, eat, drink, whatever works for an individual is the best for that patient.

Some of our group grow and donate leaf for cannabutter. I have a relatively high media profile and as such do not get involved in actual production. I could do without being busted at this stage, but hey ... if they want to get some bad press for arresting a terminally ill patient ... who am I to stop them ;) I am pretty vocal if you haven't worked that out already ;)

On the grow policy, the NSW gov has announced it would not be their prefered option. In fact I suspect they are dead set against it. I used to have some girls hidden in the attic, I refered to them as Anne Frank and her sisters. Under correct Islamic law, the person who killed them got stoned ;)

Everyone here is so sure the gov is going to go only with GW Pharmaceuticals product (Sativiex, oro-muscousal spray). This is a major disappointment and many patients I know plan to bypass the Office of Medical Cannabis altogether for fear they will be identified and/or tracked. In discussions with politicians I stress that a patient will take what they know will work - whole cannabis, If they do not allow this the trial WILL fail. For many patients this is life and death stuff and they will not fuck around with an oral extract when they already know tokin works so well.

I was offered dronabinol (Marinol) years ago by my doctor Yes, cannabinoid based meds have been legally available in NSW in very recent history but was told the herbal product I was using was far more effective and cheaper.

We are not the only people doing this sort of stuff. Nimbin has had a very successfull compassion club for quite sometime now which helps patients across NSW - although I understand they are currently overwhemled by demand.

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.