whats at the top of your seed list?

Guest weekprik
That's all well and good people but, as a recent convert to name brands, I want to know WHY you prefer one strain over another. How about ratings for, I dunno, flavour, effect, aroma, etc.. Is it right to compare the same strain grown hydro vs. outdoor, organic vs. chem, with love vs. without ? To what extent do different people respond differently to the same strain (a body chemistry thing). Is this even quantifiable ? Without knowing why you choose which strains it just feels like so much name-dropping to me ("Well, I think Lord of the Rings is better than Star Wars .. so there"). Care to expand a little ? I'm sure it would help those without your experience.

my thoughts are this-

I too am a recent strain grower, I used bagseed all my life though,

what I can say is for me the strains are good for:-

• You know the time it takes to finish, eg 55 days then harvest. no guessing.
  • more precise stone, ie Indicas are more of a couchlock, heavy stone, that leaves me numb the next day. Sativa is more suited to outside, but more of a speedy high ya know like the shit ya can smoke and still think straight ;) The breeders refine the MJ plant for the better, like an Indica is a short squat plant suited for indoors under a light, sativa is a tall plant, with long distance between the nodes, Ruderellis well Ya cant smoke it but you can breed it into a strain for its attributes,
  • Flavor- yes belive it or not each strain has its own taste, eg- very berry tastes a little like a berry would, like ya know berry yoghurt or whatever.
  • Aroma- every strain has different smells in Veg, flower and bud. EG my NLPI is 3 weeks into flower and hasnt any smell yet, this lives in my bedroom, BUT my bagseed is very smelly and is in a locked room with a smell eliminator(ozone generator) and you can still smell it outside.
  • I found for me the hydro is alot faster, bushier and a stronger buzz, where the outside ones Ive grown are slow to finish, slow to grow, lower yeild(for the same size plant) BUT tastes oh so much better. but then you can have organic-hydro as well, and outdoors Hydro. I found though, if I start the outdoors plant under a hps and then put it outside it finished in 3-4 months, But if I start os then it takes 6-7 months to finish. Where I can grow from a clone and harvest in 2-3 months.
  • the love thing is a good question, I found that the more I stress my plant the better the yield and the better the bud, but at the same time I treat my plants with too much love, I just am so addicted to growing them that even if I didnt smoke I reakon I would still grow :P
    to make a comparison here, My freind who grow hydro can grow awesome buds and always gets like 8 Ozs off a plant, But he doesnt even check the plants for days at a time, where I live in my grow room and im always testing the CF, PH etc, and I only produce normally like 6-8 OZs per plant, even of the same strain. Shit up to recently he didnt even check his PH :)
  • I find that I also get immune to a strain and unless I smoke a different strain now and then I just stop getting stoned on it.
  • Also I can say nah nah nah nah, Ive grown Afghani#1 etc ;)

This Is just what I have seen since growing indoors, My outdoors plants are bigger so produce more bud than a small indica.

thanks for the great reply weekprik.

so can anyone really tell me how, for example, G13 compares to Northern Lights if I've never tried either ? I'm aware that many people judge a plant by it's stone factor alone but I'd like to know how they taste or how they'd smell if you caught a whiff of some carried on a breeze ? Is it like comparing Merolt to Cab Sav or Coopers Pale to Southwark Pale ? Anyone want to set up tastings ?

sigh .. it's all good ..

post-23-1065690543_thumb.gif

Edited by Gruntus

Damn, this always happens .. people start going on about their fav strains and as soon as I ask why no-one has a thing to say ..

Hey Rattdogg, why do you prefer :

Northern Light Special ( KC Brains )

Skunk #1

SweetCindy99 (BOG)

Bogbubble(BOG) ?

You're quite specific. What is it attracts you to these strains. Have you tried many or are these just what you've grown before? Perhaps all you guys all too busy puffing it to really notice the difference anyways ? (I know guys who just drink beer, for instance, they don't care which sort of beer so long as it gets 'em pissed).

I've yet to come across any sites that even try to compare strains objectively. I think it would be useful. Someone mentioned, for example, a strain called Flo that is low paranoia .. great, I'll look for it for my partner who always gets paranoid even when I don't. Anyone care to contribute ?

Damn, this always happens .. people start going on about their fav strains and as soon as I ask why no-one has a thing to say ..

We were afraid you'd give us another tongue lashing :D

I have to say I've smoked about 5-6 known strains some supposedly sativa and others indica. I can't say I've noticed any big difference. but then again, I have a hard time understanding how some people can go off about one wine over the other as well. It all tastes good to me.

hey,

There is alot of differences in strains but it also depends where you set the bar and what you have to reference against.. G13hashplant would be one of the heaviest hash smokes ive tried but its harsh and can cause coughin fits, so id rather have two cones of afghani to get same body stone effect.. G13 almost tasteless to toke and little effect but catches up to you by surprise.. heres a quick comparison of g13 ,g13hp and affi

Afghani#1 - Grows dark wide fan leaves,purple petioles and single serates..is a little lanky, when first induced throws thick pistols that form to golf ball sized nugs that end up heavy and rock hard.. Towards end of flower has a green/black resin coat.. Smokes with hash aftertaste but not as thick as GHP.. Heavy stone hits across temple and chest

G13 - Has a perfect fan leaf with single serate to vein to single serate being uniform.. Some red/purple petioles, super close internode spacing and usually wider than it is tall.. Thin but long pistols when induced and takes till about 40 days to start filling in.. Super resinous but little leafy.. Cures to have little to no aroma or aftertaste creeper stone but five mins later heavy body stone and great muscle relaxant..

G13xhashplant - Grows fairly stout with red petioles(fan leaf stem) double serates about 60% of the time.. Super resinous but seams to bud into itself.. Smokes harsh hash coughin fit aftertaste.. Heavy body stone and good muscle relaxant

We were afraid you'd give us another tongue lashing

Sorry .. but this topic comes up again and again and their seems to be a lot of name-dropping but not much substantiation. How's a fella supposed to know what's what ?

Pipeman, the wine analogy is good as I'm the same with bottled wine. Think I can usually pick a cask red from a bottled red but I wouldn't put money on it for sure.

Stonedas, thanks. If only that sort of info were available more widely. Can honestly say I've never experienced a heavy body stone. Sounds boring .. think I'll stick to Sativas : up, up, up ..

yeah im set 4 the next few years..got some stoinkers i do..

just popped some og kush s1 's from motarebel...got his mk ultra waiting ,thats next..

shit other than that i got so many good one i dunno what to start after the mk's

help us out what u guys think sound really nice..

i got

bubblegum..some haze beans not sure what..buddas sister from soma..got this grapefruithaze cross g13 x hashplant thing that sounds good...ak47 (cherry pheno) ..c99 (pineaplle)x panama red(wally duck)..purple haze x g13 x hp..skunky indie x humbolt..green giant x kiwi x a11..blue space queen.and some skunk 1 beans..fuck i really am set :peace:

i want ecsd and some strawberry kush tho hehe..ima pig yea