Should I chop these sick looking branches?!

Hey everyone, one of my plants is looking real unwell.

post-36052-0-52914100-1302307066_thumb.jpg

Some branches look fine.

post-36052-0-82513500-1302307225_thumb.jpg

others look real yellow and droopy

post-36052-0-80860700-1302307259_thumb.jpg

and some just look plain dead

post-36052-0-72413100-1302307294_thumb.jpg

I think the plants savable but i dont know weather or not to just chop those dead looking branches and focus on the remaining healthy ones or weather to keep them incase they are savable. Think it was a combination of root bound/root rot and over fertilisation. Iv put it in a bigger pot and flushed it and this is what it looks like atm

post-36052-0-87278700-1302307129_thumb.jpg

Any answers as to weather i should chop those sick looking branches off or not would be heaps helpful.

thanks

f d l

^_^

G'day FDL. Whatever it is it's obviously very serious. I most certainly would cut it out and think seriously about even smoking that. Certain moulds and bacteria if ingested into your lungs wil have a very detrimental effect on your health, i.e. you'll die. Nothin worse than seeing your months of work turn to shit, sorry cobber. Also get it as far from your healthy plants as possible. :guitar: Edited by auntynorm

yep. looks like nute burn to me. as to pruning it? yeah, I would. might as well focus on the good parts, and let the bad parts become a distant memory.

edit: in my experience a good soak with molasses (1 teaspoon/7 or 8 litres of water) would help heaps right now. then again in two weeks.

Edited by demistify

Yup chop anything that's affected/infected.

I'm a recent fan of h202, from what i've been reading it may very well help you out. That would be my choice instead of molasses - not only am I skeptical of any benefits it can provide, but this late in flowering I think you need less bacteria instead of more hanging around the roots.

Goodluck, some of that looks salvageable.

Summarising so far no one seems to disagree that the problem is excessive nutrient.

As far as applications of M at this stage is concerned it seems to me we have two OPINIONS versus one tale of EXPERIENCE.

Regarding the opinion to do with bacteria … it is unlikely there is much bacterial activity at all in a growing medium that has been so seriously SALTED/ACIDIFIED with nutrients. In fact it is reasonable to think that the growing medium is now almost sterile.

And Reverend, much respect and definitely no aggro to you and your extensive knowledge of both indoor and outdoor growing, but haven't you posted elsewhere in this Forum that you do not use M?

The experience I speak of is also related to overnuting (specifically N) altho my plant did not burn. It seems to me that while it's true there were no scientific controls on my experience (I foliar sprayed Kelp some time before applying M) that M has got me out of a big hole this season by bringing my plant back to life.

I am presently researching the benefits of M on plants that are over-N'd and under-watered and will contribute before and after pics and details of what I discover to this forum in a coupla weeks.

Detailed raves on the use and benefits of M can be found currently in the organic growing section of forums at thctalk.com.

this is an interesting case FDL, varied responses, keep us posted eh

personelly i would cut out the crook part and polly flush it again then a feed with worm-wee

the green growth looks fine so whatever made the plant sick has gone or passed :scratchin:

anymore history on the plant, like how did it get this far?

:peace:

re: Molasses, surely one teaspoon in 8 Litres which is 5 parts in 8000 parts, is not going to be adverse for soil's flora is it? i duuno :scratchin: .. but that's for the Molasses Thread i guess