Curing Help

Well currently I have 3/4 of my plant trimmed and dry and sitting in a 20 ltr water drum with rubber sealed lid.... how often should I open It and for how long??? I cant dry/cure inside the house because off kids etc but its coming out allright dried in the shed.... be nice if we had a few cooler days though!!

I usually just lay the buds out on news paper in a dark room myself. But whatever works, I suppose.

It usually only takes about 24 hours before your buds become wet again the first time you ceil them in jar/container. Dry them out (whatever way you want) then ceil them back up until they become wet again, this time it'll probably take a few days and so on. 

imo, the end result should be a nice dry bud that you can  squeeze without crumbling. Which is what I personally find ends up happening to buds when they get exposed to the sun for even short amounts of time.

Peace

Are we talking about drying or cureing? If you want to cure your buds fast without fucking them, try water cureing. I know it seems a bit counter intuitive to throw good bud into an airtight container full of water, but I did it a few weeks ago and it worked brilliantly. I had read about it ages ago, but had never done it until I pulled a couple outdoors a couple weeks ago. Long story short, by the time I got home, cleaned them up a bit and hung them, it was late, I was tired and I was left with a heap of popcorn buds, I couldn't be fucked pulling out thedrying rack, so I decided to put them in the dehydrator for about an hour (I know, I know, but it's ok to dry out a bit of bud for me). Anyway, go for a shower, and then I went to bed and slept the sleep of a happy man, certain in the knowledge that his bud supply for the next little while was safely locked in the shed. "The Fucking Popcorn Buds!" was the first thought that came screaming through my head when I woke up at 6 the next morning. I races down to the laundry and there's the fucking dehydrator whirring away like a champion, I look inside and sure enough all 6 of the 400x400 screens are filled with the tiniest, most shriveled, pathetic looking buds you ever did see. I know it's only the little stuff, but come on, what a waste! I thought about it for a couple of minutes. Could maybe make some oil, but didn't have anything to do it with, and not really enough to get a decent amount (thinking about it now, I probably would have been surprised by the yield I would have gotten), besides that, thes buds now looked like a fart from the cat would have caused them to crumble to dust. I remembered about the water curing, I had never tried it before, but this looked like the best possible time to give it a go.

As I said earlier, filled a big jar with water and (carefully) slid the dedicated buds into the jar, then put it in a dark cup board. Came back 24hrs later and replaced water, the water was definitely more viscous and had a greeny-brown tint. Repeated for three days, each day the water was progressivelly clearer and less viscous (i assume that meant the impurities such as chlorophyll was being washed out. On the fourth day, noticed that the water was perfectly clear and there was no noticeable amount of viscosity in the water (I assumed that meant the majority of impurities have been washed out). I was not inspired by what I saw. I put the soggy, now dark, dark buds on a drying rack at left them to dry out. Two hours later, I came back to inspect the damage, and I'll be fucked if the entire drying rack is not filled with thick, tight (smallish) buds! I almost could not believe my eyes. It fucking works! I never thought for a second I was going to save that bud, but I did. The colour is much darker, and so is the taste, not unpleasant, but definitely a darker, heavier smoke and man did it smoke up good! I thought the trichomes would have been washed off, but they must be sticky little buggers.

• Upvote 1