Curing Help

If your impressed with the quality of your buds now, just imagine how good they'd be if you didn't roast them in the sun.

Light is meant to degrade the buds and converts THC into CBN. So if you like getting headaches, then by all means go put your crop out in the sun.

But if you've got more patients than that, only ever dry your buds slowly in complete darkness and you'll have a much better quality smoke.

Peace

you are correct.......!!!!!...... I cant be bother arguing this fact..... as its only the method used by every commercial grower on the planet......... and before you start on the whole commercial grower thing.............. please don't.... so over that shit...............

Everyone has their own way of curing/drying. I used to hang em with all the shadies etc on em to dry in a shady but lit enviroment, but if I cure as I do now in darkness they are completely trimmed before they go in.

As long as your happy with the end result, that's all that matters. thumbup.gif

Heres some buds that have been cured in glass and now have been stored for months, better than they were after a month for sure.

post-38794-0-41980200-1301790832_thumb.jpg post-38794-0-48504600-1301790816_thumb.jpg

Glass is best for sure , plastics are more porous and can alter the taste. thumbdown.gif

Even the crappiest IGA shop stocks those pickling jars with the stupid fruit you see in the pictures, for under $4-5 (depending on size). Just tighten up the wire clips with a set of pliers, they are not set up the best.

Curing is my favourite part after Harvest , Burping, sampling, the changing smell, and the flavour developing....... like a fine wine. chef.gif

Hoppy curing. Gh72

Edited by Grasshopper72

you are correct.......!!!!!...... I cant be bother arguing this fact..... as its only the method used by every commercial grower on the planet......... and before you start on the whole commercial grower thing.............. please don't.... so over that shit...............

i sleep in the lounge room for a week n hang buds in my bedroom lol.......id be so paranoid someone gona jump fence n steel my 6 lbs

Well currently I have 3/4 of my plant trimmed and dry and sitting in a 20 ltr water drum with rubber sealed lid.... how often should I open It and for how long??? I cant dry/cure inside the house because off kids etc but its coming out allright dried in the shed.... be nice if we had a few cooler days though!!

don't worry about the hot weather. like the boys say as long as yr drying in the shade.

I 've found that when the gear is stored together and there's a fair bit of it ... if some is not as dry as the rest, the moister bit will dry out to what the rest is. dig? like you'll get an average dryness. but this implies that there may be some moisture in yr stash ... and this is where my previous advice comes in ...

spread yr gear out one level thick on a cotton sheet or towel. something absorbent. place clear plastic over the top. let the sun shine on it for 5 -10 mins. if you see condensation forming yr stash is not yet dry enuf to put away. if you don't see condensation in 10, the gear is dry enuf.

if you get condensation take off the plastic and let it dry for fifteen or so and then put the plastic back to check again for condensation.

got me now?

learned this from a very illegal-type fellow who put his ounce bags in the sun for a few minutes before sealing them so that he was sure his commercial stash was totally dry. he was a fair dealer who wouldn't sell moisture.