Can seeds tell you anything?

Some of the localised product grown in Oz would go punch for punch with any on the planet. In Darwin a mate from the Tiwi Islands that I worked with turned up with some from there and it looked like licorice, nearly black. Stunk to high heaven and turned you into a vege. I had some seed from that but don't ever know what I did with it.

Think i have tried that stuff before, The buds are pathetic in size (For me anyway) but were charcoal black and would just crumble at the touch. Some of the best smoke i have ever had. Would not pay for it though just from the sheer size, and well just not my kind of smoke. I think alot of the problem now days is nothing is "labeled" like i used to be able to purchase northen lights, new guinea gold etc etc. Now in aus pot is just pot. People want a variety to choose from. Not that half of them would notice the difference anyways haha

G'day Bunta. It sounds like the smoke I had,and you are absolutely right, you couldn't smoke it all the time, nothing would get done. The seed I'm growing now is from a cross of P.N.G. and Nth Qld strains. I got this from my cousin and he's an old hand at this caper, he lived at Mission Beach for years and the seed came around there. It seems to grow ok down here in Vic, I've grown it here for 3 seasons and before that 1 season in Townsville. It is a nice smoke, get stoned, not stunned, you can function and it lasts for quite a while, all in all I'm very happy with it. I had the first smoke of this season 2 nights ago and it did the job.

Gday guys (and gals)...

just wanted to add my 2 cents to the original poster's question:

In my limited experience I have noticed that the more indica seeds are the bigger and fatter they seem to be, and the sativa ones seem to be smaller and sometimes paler in colour(?).

yeah. This has to do with the calax development. Sativa seeds drop from the bud when the bud becomes really mature. That is if you left a pregnant pure sativa female plant to grow out past maturity and rot at the stalk.. the seeds litterally drop from the bud to the ground. However, Indica plants tend not to do this and the seeds will stick within the plant till after it has rotted at the stalk.

Just a useless un related fact. But yeah in short story.. indica buds tend to have larger calaxes then sativa buds..therefore the seeds can be larger and more obtuse then sativa seeds.

Generally you can't tell the difference.

:peace:

Seed colour/pattern shape and size can be useful in identifying the parent plants used in creating the seed ...... seeds come in many shapes and sizes .... with many different patterns ... i can identify different strains based on the seed ..... so i guess they can help you identify the strain in-question ..... not always.. but in some instances....

peace'

Edit- i'll post some pics and show you what i mean soon ....

Edited by ind00rcultiv8r