Can seeds tell you anything?

Hi TSJ,

TSJ ....Can seeds tell you anything about the plant/strain, ie size, shape, markings etc?

are sativa / indica seeds different? just something that ive always wanted to know

No.

They do give some indications thou not what u ask ! The information they give to me is if the seed is 'viable' (likely to sprout).

This is done with the 'Pinc test' - applying medium force pressuire to the outer shell casing & saeeng if it 'cruhes'.

:yinyang:

Nitty.

G'day. I have thought about buying seed from one of the seed sellers. I would like to get an outdoor strain either blue or purple. But being a pensioner and mostly broke I have kept putting it off. Also I hear about seeds being confiscated, not arriving or not being viable. This further makes me a bit leary of shelling out my very short amount of spare cash. Rather buy a couple of new sets of strings.

stoned jester, those looks like nice healthy seeds (much nicer than any of my bagseed stash), but thats all you can tell. even by looking at fully grown plant, it can be diffucult to guess at its genetics, but there are some signs.

hey auntynorm, its fairly low risk if you're smart about it, and if you buy 5 packs of seeds for an average strain you might only spend $30. this should get you started and won't cost a fortune :) I wouldn't waste $100+ seeds on a first grow, and once your started, you can take clones and sustain yourself. if you know any smokers you might even be able to sort out a cutting as all weed has to come from somewhere :)

E.

:bongon:

Edited by Ex.

stoned jester, those looks like nice healthy seeds (much nicer than any of my bagseed stash), but thats all you can tell. even by looking at fully grown plant, it can be diffucult to guess at its genetics, but there are some signs.

hey auntynorm, its fairly low risk if you're smart about it, and if you buy 5 packs of seeds for an average strain you might only spend $30. this should get you started and won't cost a fortune :) I wouldn't waste $100+ seeds on a first grow, and once your started, you can take clones and sustain yourself. if you know any smokers you might even be able to sort out a cutting as all weed has to come from somewhere :)

E.

:bongon:

G'day Ex. I have some good seed, P.N.G. x N.Q. What I want to do is try some new strains and maybe cross with what I've got. I am a very keen gardener and would like to something new. A mate of mine here has some seed from some hydro that I can have. I've been growing this particuler strain for 4 seasons and have had some good results and am on the way to another, even with this shit weather down here. Got some pics in Outdoor/ Sth Hemi, Near the Shed.