Petition to the Legislative Assembly of New South Wales

I know for a fact that IF I was associated with this, it would be my career.

Heck, posting up here feels like its risky enough...

Its gotta start with a leader thats willing to take the risk.

Ppl would get behind and vote for that because the see a real opportunity.

Petitions raise awareness, and thats good, however, the govt cares about one poll and one poll alone; .... will I get back into office.

Get your voice heard and help get legal medical cannabis in Australia. :thumbsup:

Use the 'Petition' link below to download the petition. Print out as many copies as you need and get them signed by as many people as you can. (please read the note at the bottom of this post)

Then return them to ACLRM c/- OS, Po Box 146, Kenthurst NSW 2156 and we will present them to the Members of the Legislative Assembly of New South Wales when we have 10,000 signatures.

Help legalise cannabis Australia! :yahoo:

Petition Front Page

PETITION front page.doc

Petition Extra Pages

PETITION extra pages.doc

Please Note: For the petition to meet rules of submission......

1. The petition must be signed by the people whose names are listed, using their own signature or mark if they are unable to write.

2. Every signature must be original hand-writing, and signatures must not be pasted on photocopied or transferred in any other way,

3. Every person signing a petition must write their address after their signature.

Peace MongyMan

So happy to find you guys. I will print shit loads and obtain as many signatures as possible.

Fantastic Thesingleconvention, this is the only solid way that we will get our united voice heard and we need to get this one up and running. Mongyman has done all the hard work here, all we have to do is gather signatures and when explained to an average compassionate person they sign straight away. How can anyone not sign it and sleep at night with a peaceful conscience as this medicine addresses some of our most terrible diseases. The only obstacle I have found is that smokers are less reluctant to sign which is a pity as there are an enormous ammount of cannabis users albiet closet ones.

Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier. I will take a stack of these with me to uni, I'm sure there are many people there that would be keen to sign off on this, including myself obviously. :-)

I don't think it's risky at all. Cops aren't going to go searching everyone's house that signs a petition.

Edited by Musashin

I only just found this thread but I will sign it and get as many of my friends to sign it. I'm a permanent resident not a citizen so I don't know if my signature will count but I can still get a good number of friends to sign, of course if I can clearly explain that the petition would be protected by parliamentary privilege and that the cops won't get a look in that would go a long way. If there was an info page that details why it's important and the facts about what happens to the signatures and personal details it could help persuade those who believe in it but are worried about their information falling into the wrong hands.

Now that my anonymity in the eyes of the law has been taken away it's freed me up to pursue activism. It's the best way to hit the (drug) cops where it hurts. Prohibition gives them power to infringe upon our civil liberties and to feel superior at our expense. However those laws also give them purpose, to eventually erode those laws makes those cops less relevant and if then if they want to pursue glory and recognition they might have to get off their arses and start chasing after the real criminals, the violent people who actually disturb the peace and threaten everone's safety rather than following up tip offs from a snitch so they can bust someone who's growing their own medicine and try to convince themselves they're making the streets safer.