Petition to the Legislative Assembly of New South Wales

wow, only 23/24 downloads of the links :rolleyes:

i hope thats not all thats interested in the subject :scratchin:

i mean, .. its understandable if people see the petition and decide not to fill it in but there`s shitloads more than 20odd peeps on this site :ermm: .... one would think/hope that more of us were, at least, interested, in legalization :scratchin:

comon peeps, get with the program :/

good on ya for doing something mm :thumbsup:

:bongon:

Can this petition be sent out to all oz stoner members as a notice or similar to their mailbox and also is it possible to make it really visible when opening up oz stoners as it will get lost in the blogs unless someone is really having a good read? As we all know there are many many people who would like to see medical cannabis an option for sick people.

It is better if you are in NSW as it will be presented in NSW.but any Australian citizen can sign it. I'm currently doing one for each state and will post threads for them as I get them done. (each state has different rules of acceptance for petitions).

Peace MongyMan

Including Tas? :)

High All

The petitions eventually get handed to Parliament.

Any possible use of them by police would be considered 'contempt of Parliament'.

And signing a petition does not implicate the signee in any crime.

10,000 should be an easy target - I would prefer 50,000 . . .

awesome. I will take a few printouts with me to mardigrass and be sure to get them signed by as many people as i can... May need to get myself some "Legalize don't Penalize" shirts made up i think ! If we can get 3-4 ozstoners who are prepared to put in a couple of hours a day at MG i am sure we could easily attain the 10k signatures. Doing like 3 hour intervals at the table each (preferably near the Embassy somewhere) we could have people there all day of every day of the event !

Also i may have a similar petition in regards to ethnobotanical plants that i would like to try and get signed as well but the canna one would be first and foremost at this event. I think i may drop one of my ethno ones into happy high herbs and see if they will leave it o their counter though !

Hello :bongon:

Hey DS , ^ , Nimbin and surrounds were right on top of that ethno debacle ... given that the main ethno community (Ethynobotanicals Australia , SHaman Australis etc) is based around the area (mullumbimby) the petitions have done the rounds ... I haven't heard anything more on it ... was it maybe just one of these things that a politician says something stupid and then mass panic spreads as though the proposals are set in stone. ;)

I'm reminded of Steven Conroy and his ludicrous notion of censoring the internet even more than they already do. :thumbdown:

As for this Cannabis Petition ... I was away so could not get the info I wanted first before discussing or signing this or any other petition. I did noty see any obvious petition at Mardigrass.

I believe that a 'plan of attack' is needed before these projects are started ... There's the half-arsed way to do things and there are ways to use your whole arse. I don't think just whacking up petitions willy-nilly is going to cut it. Firstly people want to know exactly what they are signing , who they are signing for and what they are signing for ... For instance , What is Ellemo Medical Cannabis? ... What are their plans for the future? Are they fighting for one part of the debate over the other? Are there vested interests? Do i agree with those vested interests ... etc. etc. etc.

(Note : I've been told a small bit about Ellemo Medical Cannabis ... but forget the details ... Any Links?)

'Plan of Attack' ... what I mean by this is putting the information out there many months before the actual process begins ... so people have a good idea what will be happening and when. Very much like advertising. We have the people power around here ... and many different fields of skill ... what we don't seem to have is sufficient organizational or cooperation skills. Just an observation.

Mardigrass is about the only thing I can think of that has been organized and followed through with ... but that's really just a little party. :bongon:

So , I'm certainly not trying to be derogatory at all ... and definatly not defeatist in this case. With a well thought out 'Plan of Attack' over a few months ... it allows for tweeks and fine-tuning ... but most importantly it allows for a lengthy "advertising' period so that when the Petition (for e.g.) is finally released for public signatures ... everyone knows whats going on and what to do.

A very simple analogy IS Mardigrass ... if they tried to plan it a few days before it would be an epic fail ... because everyone knows it's the "First Weekend Of May Until The War Is Won!" people come in the 10's of thousands ... and a pretty catchy Tag-Line too If I do say so. :)

Anyhoo ... Just wanted to mention that form of idea ... but also ask ... How many signatures were collected? Or did this not go anywhere?

Cheers,

Budman :bongon:

P.s. I got more ideas about certain pro-active approachs , Campaigns etc I'm sure others do to ... we just don't always get to hear them ... maybe if the goal is stated clearly , the community consulted , plan of attack formed ... then a certain amount of time down the road the idea could explode efficiently into fruition. Hope that makes sense , I'm not thinking clearly ... need a cone. :bongon: Bye 4 now.

i mentioned it to mi mates and other peeps i associate with and they all wanted to remain anonymous :/

mind you, i think im the only one with a passion for legalization in my circle :thumbdown:

lol circle :rolleyes: .....more like a semi circle when ya count how many peeps i keep for company lol

plan of attack sounds good mate ..... i would be putting a heck of a lot more effort in if i didnt have so much shit on mi mind :wacko:

i think people who get busted and then stand up for themselves (like me) will play a huge roll in changing the laws for the better.

i think that once there is a precedent set for medical necessity or scientific research(breeding), the judges wont be able to ignore them .....people will use the precedent, get a slap on the wrist and we all move on......to the next poor shmoe, average Joe :/

this will happen time and time again until (as another member pointed out to me) the pigs and tax payers get sick of seeing the "criminals" walk free....

after they all kick up a stink about their hard earned being wasted, the powers that be will amend the laws to incorporate necessity and or scientific research......

yes its not they way we wanna go about things, no one wants to get busted and have to stand up for themselves in the first place :uhhuh: ...... but the ones that do, are the ones that`ll make the difference

just my thoughts :peace:

How are the petition signatures going?

I got a copy of the document, will sign and see if i can get some friends to sign up, how many signatures we got roughly?

I dont see many people that are willing to do much on this issue they just are happy to use and not get caught, it is inspiring to see some folks wanting to cause change.