Prop 19 Debate On Sunrise This Mornlng

Yeah I watched that with anticipation for something good to be said about our beautiful plant, the worlds most medicinally effective, industrially priceless, recreationally safe natural herb ...........FUCK ME! were we disappointed!

We should all be ashamed that the majority of people (even us, who know and use this wonderous plant) still are either brainwashed by the last 50-60yrs of slaughter on Cannabis as a "dangerous drug" through media, or, like myself have just sat on the computer forums, couch 'shaking my head' or talked it out with mates about the issue and not been actively telling the world. We live in times where WE HAVE NO EXCUSE! The Internet is an amazing tool and we just aren't using it to it's capability. Those of us who have time on our hands..WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

I'll give you at telling example of my first point.

I play in several bands. One of my good friends who is also in a few of them was born and raised in Holland. grew up with the freedom that most of us don't.

Recently I've been chatting to him about the stuff I've been researching over the last little while on marijuana, trying to better understand it, which got him talking about his experience.

His experience is pretty much the same as mine, but without the law involved...smoking from an early age, going through periods of heavy smoking and ...heavy smoking, then the guilt of "wasting time/What am I doing"....giving up....hating it...getting back on it because you realised you really did love it etc etc.....

Now, my point. He still fells massive guilt and shame over his "addictive" times, and blames marijuana for it. THIS IS WRONG!

This is the "Brainwashing" the governments have created in society over the last 60-70yrs.

ANYONE who has been through "Addiction" knows that it doesn't really have to do with the "DRUG", that is just a by-product of what is going on with YOU INSIDE and this creates a need to be filled etc etc blah blah (sorry, don't wanna get all preachy on y'all). Remember this is just my opinion, so feel free to have a shot...I'm armored up.

Bottom line is, the Australian Sex Party had 1 good point. We need to stop looking at it from a criminal point and address it as a health issue, but that's all she said. pretty sad really because I'm sure, even though she didn't say it, that she was talking about the "Addiction" side of this not the fact that CANNABIS COULD CURE CANCER and many other diseases and health issues (look up Cannabinoids & Cancer or THC & Cancer). This is something that the government as known for years, and if you research it, you will discover how brainwashed we all really are.

Sorry for my rant, it's just a touchy issue for me that in the last month have got a bug for, to actually do something about.

Cheers!

I'm Out!

CF :guitar:

Well,

I doubt that the rep of the "sex" party represents my view. I smell an alternate agenda !

I agree wth the major defence 'that criminalizing pot has not worked " !

Little mention of the need to look at investigating the medical properties of 'weed',

Loved the Video 'Love':bongon:

:yinyamg:

Nitty.

Yeah I watched that with anticipation for something good to be said about our beautiful plant, the worlds most medicinally effective, industrially priceless, recreationally safe natural herb ...........FUCK ME! were we disappointed!

We should all be ashamed that the majority of people (even us, who know and use this wonderous plant) still are either brainwashed by the last 50-60yrs of slaughter on Cannabis as a "dangerous drug" through media, or, like myself have just sat on the computer forums, couch 'shaking my head' or talked it out with mates about the issue and not been actively telling the world. We live in times where WE HAVE NO EXCUSE! The Internet is an amazing tool and we just aren't using it to it's capability. Those of us who have time on our hands..WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

I'll give you at telling example of my first point.

I play in several bands. One of my good friends who is also in a few of them was born and raised in Holland. grew up with the freedom that most of us don't.

Recently I've been chatting to him about the stuff I've been researching over the last little while on marijuana, trying to better understand it, which got him talking about his experience.

His experience is pretty much the same as mine, but without the law involved...smoking from an early age, going through periods of heavy smoking and ...heavy smoking, then the guilt of "wasting time/What am I doing"....giving up....hating it...getting back on it because you realised you really did love it etc etc.....

Now, my point. He still fells massive guilt and shame over his "addictive" times, and blames marijuana for it. THIS IS WRONG!

This is the "Brainwashing" the governments have created in society over the last 60-70yrs.

ANYONE who has been through "Addiction" knows that it doesn't really have to do with the "DRUG", that is just a by-product of what is going on with YOU INSIDE and this creates a need to be filled etc etc blah blah (sorry, don't wanna get all preachy on y'all). Remember this is just my opinion, so feel free to have a shot...I'm armored up.

Bottom line is, the Australian Sex Party had 1 good point. We need to stop looking at it from a criminal point and address it as a health issue, but that's all she said. pretty sad really because I'm sure, even though she didn't say it, that she was talking about the "Addiction" side of this not the fact that CANNABIS COULD CURE CANCER and many other diseases and health issues (look up Cannabinoids & Cancer or THC & Cancer). This is something that the government as known for years, and if you research it, you will discover how brainwashed we all really are.

Sorry for my rant, it's just a touchy issue for me that in the last month have got a bug for, to actually do something about.

Cheers!

I'm Out!

CF :guitar:

Yeah! What you said!

You know what I don't get? The more you find out, the more feeble the prohibition argument gets, yet we are making very little headway in changing minds. (pardon the pun) How do we change this? Dunno. A wise person once said (don't ask me who) No point arguing with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. So so true. :sleepyhead:

Yay someone voicing the cannabis debate in australia we need more of it, and it's great to have a decent looking person speak out but this lady seems unprepared and well either stupid or shy. It alters the mind and makes people lose control what bullshit (sorry she is right it does, alcohol does make people lose control this is obvious whenever high amounts are drunk)... oh thats right it's not alcohol that we are talking about. Money that is driving it in california today one problem with this i think it was in 2006 that it was approved for medical use it's now 2011, and it's not just california i think it's up to 15 states now that accept it medicinally. And ofcourse money drives this issue billions are spent combating it's use if you were a law enforcement agency would you like your funding cut how many officers would no longer have a job or a cool car to get around in even a weekend out in a helicopter ect. money drives the black market and law enforcement. This is just like the speed camera debate if you actually were trying to save lives you would put your officers out on long stretches of road normally rural areas late at night when the fatal accidents actually happen. But no it is bigger business to get people for minor offences like 10kms over on the way to work. or a bong or a single spliff not spending money at the source you cant make money by busting big grow ops they only give reason for more funding. It's by giving out fines to users not stopping criminal gangs plus if you stopped them no more funding because then there would be no justification. so again i agree with yes it is money. 86% are arests for possetion see i told you, I cant even spell properly and even i know this law is a crime and is only enforced to give enforcment more money. More busts = More Funding = More promotions. Then she goes on about portigal cannabis use has gone down after decriminization (didn't they do this with all drugs including heroin and they had the same finding) See look it works, decriminalizing drugs really works, so what i dont care if it works i've been told drugs are bad and only bad people do it and bad people go to jail. Reverse psycology my arse it's fact what works and what dosn't just ask alcopone or your drug dealer if it was legal would they still have a job. Funny that opposing teams ( Police and Drug Dealers ) would be on the same side. tobaco is not a stupefying drug stupefying means 1. Make (someone) unable to think or feel properly. this is not true remember your first evil cigarette headspin ect we do not smoke it as it once was if we had a puff of a spliff you would have no real effect but if you had the whole thing? just like tobaco have a couple of fat white ox at once all of a sudden it is stupefying. Look up shaman tobaco use Some historians try to explain the hallucinations by saying that it wasn’t really tobacco, or that other things were mixed with it. But “as shall be amply documented, tobacco in many parts of South America is taken with results quite similar to those reported by the chroniclers from the West Indies. Clearly, the quantity of tobacco consumed on ritual occasions produces powerful effects without the aid of hallucinogens.” see it's quantity. Mind altering at 700mg ??? Danger danger my old pack of smokes said 12mg. at least with 28g you could eat the whole thing in one go and not die including a child not saying that the trip would be fun eat a couple of cookies more than usual. One cigarette's-worth of nicotine is enough to make a toddler severely ill. As for it's not a safe drug we all agree on that you can go to prison for it have your kids taken from you get into the wrong crowds ect the first gun i ever saw was at a dealers house but come to think of it mabe it's not the drug that is unsafe but the prohibition. But we all know it is a gateway drug that is proven or atleast it was. I used trips and speed after weed but before weed i used coffee cigarettes and alcohol. And the last thing I remember this interview i waited for ever to watch it and it finally came on and it was shit. And they didn't win the vote in california coz none of the younger generation voted only the elderly that have been told for years it is evil. But next time sorry for the long post.

not 1 positive thing to say about it... be nice to have an educated person speaking on behalf of smokers for a change..

ye[ the gov and media do agood job of ensuring this isn't the case... It would ruing the stereotype of stoners being illiterate hippies who give nothing to society