Cropping / topping

I have let my plants grow to big for my cab again ( its a shitty problem to have ) i cant move my light up anymore, and because of the small space im going to Scrog it with a net, but seeing as there to big instead of scrapping them, cloning and starting from square one again ( like i did before ) i am going to top them so they have two main tops so they are easyer to train through the net. They are about 4 days into flower, was wondering because i still have 8 - 10 weeks left if i should top them and let them go or top them and put them back into veg for a little while then back into flower. Not looking for massive plants so i think scroging them will produce the best yeild in my space.

Advise is appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Or someone can trade me for smaller plants :helpsmilie: hahaha

If you top them after you have started flowering them you will completely wreck them - I am talking from experience here.

They never recover and you waste your time. :yahoo: You'll be very sorry.

If you really have to make them smaller (they should be very near their largest size after 2 wks of flower) then revert to vege for two weeks, then prune them, then vege for at least 2 weeks or until they have fully recovered.

Bad situation.

Jimbo :D

hold on. depends how much plant is left once it to the size you want.

can i request a picture or describe the plant a bit, i think id actually do it this way below plant will be messier and need trainingg like scrog. doesnt hurt the plant much if enough leaves are left on plant, cuts dont rot or and there is room for the roots to grow for 8 to 10 furthr weeks a pot up size would be needed.

I hate over growing a pet hate, no even worse over during veg then too much stretch going into flower.

If your still in veg have a bushy plant id cleanly cut it back to or under size needed then throw a screen/trellis over the remaining plant with 4/6 goog branches. Smart idea to Seal the wounds from cutting away branches where hollow or cant be cut against main stem electrical tape is perfect.

Doing it this way will only suit if youvegging or withing days of going 12/12 more than 14days into flower you will be removing soon tobe floweres.

Its hard to pull the scissors on your friends feels wrong chopping 1/3rd to 2/3rds of your healthy plants but it needs it from the description.

Think of it like this you loose the foliage and only the time taken to grow it cutting back , starting fresh could take a month or more if plants are not already growing.

A month wait is not bad really take note of current flowering height and flower much earlier next round.While checking there was not other problems at play like low light/fert/water.

The fastest way out of this situation is up to the plants and you, id take a look or further help if you can add some more info like age, dimensions and if healthy

sounds like a plan the one id try before pulling start over. just read your last post doesnt look like my post is needed

cut back a good 30cm of stem if not more or less the plant will re stretch after a day of two adjusting. if it has enough light, root space and good health it will work well. Root booster/ rhizotonic and weaker nutes reduces shock best in these extreem issues.

Bye