MJ to decrease or increse bodyweight?

when you first start smoking it has a adverse effect on your body / mind.

You get stoned (really stoned) and your brain isnt the only thing that is racing / burning cells.

Your stomach juices step into overdrive to burn whatever is in there, your metabolism increases and whatever is in your digestive system is quickly disposed of.

Mj loves fat, and if there is nothing in your stomach when the stomach -cells are active it will attack your body's fat-tissue.

If your food intake is less then what your metabolism burns at that time, then you will start loosing body weight, eat a greasy fatty meal before a choof and youll be right....

Chronic use results in gradual decline in food intake caused by excessive smoking, loss of motivation to make food, loss of appetite...etc, which leads to skrinking of the stomach walls, which leads to having eaten less and still feeling full.

Basically your own body adapts itself to the faster metabolism by tricking itself thinking its full of food.

Stop excessive smoking, appetite comes back and the stomach slowly begins to stretch itself to accomodate/store more fuel, as it is now not being wasted / burned while you sit on a couch.

this make sense?

take care

lok

so pipeman where do you suggest all that fuel goes?

Try having a huge meal when your stoned, fall asleep and see if that food has passed through the digestive system quickly or slowly. We all know our own bodies pretty well right.

Do the same thing once youve given up pot for a month and see how differently youre body has made use of that fuel.

If you dont buy the metabolism-theory then please give us your views , im sure you think that food goes somewhere, so where.

I have a quick motabolism and find it hard to keep a decent fat content on my body (struggle thru winter...:o), and I can vouch for the food burning alot quicker when i start smoking again, no matter how much carb's/ kiloj. my food intake has, i struggle to maintain my normal body mass when i smoke daily.

Maybe that body couch-lock is the chemicals passing thru your blood/body and having a field day with the fatty-tissues. Much like alcohol gets absorbed by fat ???

Thats my view on it anyways, and White Cluster hit the nail on the head too.

Try having a huge meal when your stoned, fall asleep and see if that food has passed through the digestive system quickly or slowly. We all know our own bodies pretty well right.

Do the same thing once youve given up pot for a month and see how differently youre body has made use of that fuel

You want me to do something that requires me giving up pot for a month? :o

:o @ pipe.

nah mate, i would never ask for such a sacrifice :o

But I have been yo-yoing over the past two years like that. Smoking daily for afew months and then stop cold-turkey for a few and so on. So I have kinda seen a pattern with my eating. But we are all different.

lok

When I was younger I got the muchies like everyone did, but it passed, and in the end I believe it caused me to loose weight.

now I'm disabled, and do a hell of a lot of sitting around, and laying in bed. I do use a lot of morphine too, so that has to be considered. But these days I'm putting on a lot of weight. I can't exersize anymore at all, and so maybe I'm a bad example. I don't seem to be eating way too much either, so I don't know that it's increased my appetite. maybe it's just all the in-activity.

cheers

rob

I was fat once and drugs helped me lose heaps of weight. My parents kicked me out of home cos I was always too stoned, and gave me $20, and I bought a 10 bag, some sausages and a pack of smokes.

I carried the same sausages around in my backpack for around a month, occasionally getting them into a friends fridge for a bit. picking out the green bits before I cooked em.

When centrelink finally put me on the dole, I vomited up all my meals for a few weeks anyway cos I was so sick from the green snags.

In a month or 2 I went from fairly fat to stick man.

i have lost over 100 pounds since i started using mj.

Maybe if you stop smoking you will remember where you put those 100 pounds, apparantly it does effect short term memory.

Has anyone ever done one of those energy balance things, like how much you consume in kjs or whatever, then how much you burn up doing stuff?

If smoking actually changes the way your bodys metabolism works, then you should get different results for the test. EG - If you eat 10000kjs and do 9900 kjs worth of work or exercise or life over the same period of time and still lose wieght then mull has changed your bodies metabolism. If you do 10000kj worth of work and consume as much or less yet still put on wieght it has changed your metabolism in the opposite direction. Maybe not changed, but affected it.

Maybe if you stop smoking you will remember where you put those 100 pounds, apparantly it does effect short term memory.

LMAO! I've always been a bit overweight. I know when I was smoking (pot) I lost a stack of weight. I'd never get any muchies, in fact it was the opposite. Since I've stopped smoking, well yes, I remembered where I put all those kilos!

Chief