drying buds

Mate, dry them properly, nothing worse than buds that have been stored damp.

I hate to say it but if you only had 1lb 2oz wet from 1600w then something went really wrong, personally I would expect to harvest double that from 1600w... DRY WEIGHT!!!

I'm growing hand watered in coco as well and get approx 600g (21oz) dried per 600w light.

Give us a run down on your setup and grow style and will help where I can.

:)

I grow under 1.2 square metre of light (ducted and fan cooled shade with 2 x 600watt & 1 x 400watt HPS lights) with recirc system and regularly get 1.5lbs of dry good quality bud every time. It doesn't matter whether it is 2, 3 or more plants (all in same size area) I still get the same yield.

I not have weighed my buds when first cut - no point !, but do accurately weigh them dry ready to use, never had less than 1.4 of good bud and another few ounces of small stuff.

If you use old globes in your system you will loose bud weight and growth, never do ore than 3 grows with each globe.

Never be tempted to overdose plants that will stress them and you are simply wasting money.

Keep grow area at 16 degrees during dark cycle and 26 degrees for grow/flower cycles with plenty of fresh air and a fan stirring the air all the time.

This should help increase your yield immensely.

Edited by maxgrow

:D

Looking to increase dry weight, you can try increasing the plants brix/sugar levels.

There are afew products that aim to do this:

liquid lead - to nutrient for final 3 weeks or,

brix - foliar feed or dip buds in bath of the stuff after harvest.

Be aware of brix, will make darker buds and effect the smell

Brixing may give rough 5% more dry weight,

However,

I find the best way is to skip this stuff though, and keep it all natural :D

would expect about a pound per sq metre, real rough guess depending on all the other factors

:D

Looking to increase dry weight, you can try increasing the plants brix/sugar levels.

There are afew products that aim to do this:

liquid lead - to nutrient for final 3 weeks or,

brix - foliar feed or dip buds in bath of the stuff after harvest.

Be aware of brix, will make darker buds and effect the smell

Brixing may give rough 5% more dry weight,

However,

I find the best way is to skip this stuff though, and keep it all natural :D

would expect about a pound per sq metre, real rough guess depending on all the other factors

Or you could just not do any of this, and stop supplying us with under-value buds... Brix can get fucked and so can liquid lead. As a matter of fact all PGR's and other weight additives can get fucked. You aren't adding potency or volume to the plant. JUST WEIGHT. It is cheating !!! if you can't grow enough buds to make it worthwhile my suggestion is that you need to learn how to grow propperly :bow: There is a big difference between VOLUME of buds and WEIGHT of buds !!! I managed to total over 7 ounce off 1 400W light and that was taking plants early, and not including the bits i chopped and smoked early... Also consider other genetics, some plants naturally put on denser buds, others dont. But yeah, don't put PGRs in please please please !!!! or if you do make it a medium-low strength dose (like 1/4 what they reccomend) just to tighten the buds up a little bit :wub:

In short, all the stuff said above will improve your yield LEGITIMATELY !!!

and yes WET BUDS ARE CRAP BUDS YOU TIGHT ARSE MOFOS, thats why i am so thankful our local gear has been DRY for a few months finally. !!!

hehe kinda reminds me of a chat i had with a mate recently though who told me if buds aren't rock solid or at least a bit like taht they aren't hydro, needless to say i laughed in his face and have elected to stop talking to him about cannabis...

buds should go flutter flutter swish not boing boing boing when you drop em :bow:

anywho thats enough from me. Don't take this personally i am just sick of wet PGR'd buds, if your gunna PGR it make sure you dry properly ok ! that way it chops decently...

edit: have u ever dried mushies ??? you end up with 10% the weight you started with !!! its all in the water, water has weight... take it out and the plant matter has very little left to it at all :bow:

Edited by DarkSpark