drying buds

hi all just wondering do u cut the buds of the stem and manicure when they are first pulled, then lay them out to dry ,i dry in one of those 8 teir net hanging racks they have air curculating round the rack ducted aircondioner in the room i seem to be loseing a lot of weight when first pulled wet weight off 4 plants there was 1 pound 2 oz then 3 days later stiil damp weight was 8 oz that is nearly 8 oz lost in 3 days that is a lot to lose i think, and i havent been pinching them buds either.this happed last harvest as well i got 1 pound 4 oz out of 18 plants last time buds loseing there heavyness dont know weather to finish drying in paper bags or not . can some one tell me how to aviod this happening agian . help me please....cheers aussiegrow ..............

do u mean anouther light in flower room at the moment i run 2 x600 in cooltubes and a 400 w with a small bat wing shade.. in a 2 x 2x2 room .if i run any more lights the power trips out that really shits me then i have to reset the power boards.and i also run a flouro at the base of the plants trying to get some of the low buds tighten up a bit dont think it does any thing much though.. tell me in a 1.2x1.2x2 room how many lights and how many plants would you run... cheers aussiegrow

nah what he means is you just gotta grow more weed to compensate for the two-thirds loss of weight during drying

lol hey, what would i know im totally smashed but i think thats what ppg means lol

you cant avoid that loss its just a fact of nature that plants are 75% water

lol

slow drying is best way to dry, doesnt matter which way really, ive done paper bags, cardboard boxes, clothes line makes no difference which way just dont do it fast

you want weight .. then you want tight, dense buds , and the strains that produce them

all other things equal it comes back to the strain

but watch tight dense buds in tropical environs cause they will be more prone to mold

theres no addative that can noticeably make heavier buds, despite what the advertising says

so long as the plant is mature, well fed, and has a good framework then quality flowers will ensure

PK 13/14 is potassium and phospherous which does supply the primary building blocks for flower formation

thats the only 'extra' needed imo ... and thats for about ten days in the flowering cycle

lol

greetnz

imho

tweek your system

add co2 injection system

that will increase your yield

high light intensity is what will get your buds tight and heavy

light intensity decreases with distance

keep the light as close to the tips as possible without burning the plant

very tricky

the best systems are automated to within a couple of inches of the growing tips

that means raising the lights as the plant grows up every day

scrog rules for max yield from a single plant

and DWC rules for big budz

irey guidance

Mate, dry them properly, nothing worse than buds that have been stored damp.

I hate to say it but if you only had 1lb 2oz wet from 1600w then something went really wrong, personally I would expect to harvest double that from 1600w... DRY WEIGHT!!!

I'm growing hand watered in coco as well and get approx 600g (21oz) dried per 600w light.

Give us a run down on your setup and grow style and will help where I can.

lol

radic what is dwc sorry for the ignorance..

my set up is 2x2x2 tent with 2x600w cooltubes and 1 1400w small batwing and a flower fluro 130 w

6inc exhust fan 150 intake and the same on the cooltube 20 plants i can leave the tent doors open when lights on maybe that is the problem light not bouncing of the doors

i hand water in coco every day or every second day canna nutes ,moolases, canna boost ,silica, liquid lead and bloom final 3 weeks before harvest pot size is 4.5 litre pots plants are about 2 -3 ft dont no what strain ....

is it better to leave buds on the stem when drying or cut them off and manicure when pulled, and what is better to hang them or lay them down ..they are 3 days into drying can i dry them in the paper bags or lay them back on the rack.....

hope somone can give me some ideas to improve my yeild

1 have a 250w mh light i can put in the middle between the cool tubes i no they are bad for not throwing light but in qld it tends to get a bit warm my temps were to high in the tent so i put the tubes in.....................can u help me cheers aussiegrow

Edited by aussiegrow

Stop worry bout how ur drying it u wont get anymore weight, What u need to do is put up some pics of ya grow explain how when ya feed ect ect, For a start 4.5 liter pots not gona get ya much more than ounce n a half dry , u have no space for roots, if i was using 4.5 liter pots under 2 600hps i would have about 100 of em in there n flip staright from clone in a sea of green