Australian Style Bongs

I used to love smoking from bongs with extra chambers, even used to have one of those four chamber waterfall bongs, like in the picture.

Nothing wrong with having extra chambers on your billy. But when your smoking a few grams out of it everyday, you just end up needing to spend more time cleaning it, than smoking with it.

Not worth the effort.

I know Agung and Waterfall are both Aussie made ....

Pfff, think again .... some of their product may be, but most comes from china. It's companies like those that make it hard for glassblowers like me ... why do you think their stuff is so cheap? I worked in that industry for many years, and for a few of those years I even worked for one of those companies.

Anything Aussie made means that the raw materials (ie glass tubing) gets imported into the country. If you don't want crap glass, it comes either from germany, czechoslovakia or the states, they all make very good lab-grade glass (duran, simax and pyrex brands respectively). But it's expensive (up to 8 times more expensive actually) compared to the cheap stuff coming out of china ... which is insanely cheap. Add to that the cost of coloured glass, if you want something fancy ... cost of transport really drives the prices of that up, too. How can someone compete with a $30 product on those terms?

Don't get me wrong, although precious little is happening on this front, there are some shops which do the good and right thing, but sometimes "Aussie Made" means "China Made" with an "Aussie Made" sticker on it.

Please don't message me about making stuff, I work in a different capacity now and I won't answer you back.

iv got a soft spot for the old aussie style binger... but theres no going back now.

SSFG 5mm 12" beaker, $130 inc shipping/insurance ect sounds a bit steep but shits quality and well worth it in the long haul imo; my last agung had the wall of the bubble smash when I tried to pull out the downstem (yes I heated it with hot water, iv used em for years) and it was only like 2 weeks old, first clean and it breaks. ^_^ wish they realy were made in Australia, i'd be more inclined to keep one or two as party bongs.

iv got a soft spot for the old aussie style binger... but theres no going back now.

SSFG 5mm 12" beaker, $130 inc shipping/insurance ect sounds a bit steep but shits quality and well worth it in the long haul imo; my last agung had the wall of the bubble smash when I tried to pull out the downstem (yes I heated it with hot water, iv used em for years) and it was only like 2 weeks old, first clean and it breaks. ^_^ wish they realy were made in Australia, i'd be more inclined to keep one or two as party bongs.

Mate bought san agung bong recdently exact same as mine (sorta big like a rabbit with the hand grip?) and same thing happened, smashed firs clean with hot water. Ive had my bong for over 2 years now, clean it with hot water, metho and rice, dropped it a couple times, shes had a hammering! and still works like a treat, comes up brand new after a clean. And she is Agung :) Shows how much the quality has changed over the last few years :P

im as hhappy as a big in shit with my 3 AGUNG ozzie bong.gif'S , had a look at some over seas waist of money, they might look fancy an shit but they all end up looking the same after 10 cones anyway lol, an all them stupid double chambers what a load of crap !! an a bitch to clean fuk that , no mater what your bong looks like they all do the same thing pump ckoaking smoke down your lungs lol .