Australian Style Bongs

I was browsing for some new glass today after my longtime friend slipped off the table and shattered (RIP you transparent prince...), i decided to check out the RooR selection online, just out of curiosity, when i noticed many american sites advertising 'Australian Style Bongs', now its somewhat common knowledge that we Australians have our own style of glass, but after a little pondering (with assistance from the great mother herb) it hit me just how fantastic this is! ;)

We australians have some of the highest rates of cannabis use in the world, so its natural that our counter-culture would differ from that of america and other parts of the world. The fact that we have our own style of glass is awesome imo, after reading through reviews and forums i noticed that a lot of people outside australia really love and prefer our style of bongs, which made me feel really proud of australian tokers and glass makers. The fact that australia has provided the world and the counter-culture with something distinctive that represents australian tokers and glassmakers, and showcases our individuality, is something we can all be proud of. I should also mention the love people have for some of our more novelty multi chambered glass, which really sets up apart from the rest of the world.

post-34601-1267003893_thumb.jpg

though yes i agree i would prefer a nice RooR piece (w/ diffusers, ash catcher, carbon filter, etc :D) over any austraian style bong, but its interesting to see how the rest of the world views our bong styles, not as overly expensive and extremely high quality as RooR quality glass, but more individual, simple, interesting and fun :)

Thanks for reading my little rant :)

Peace,

Crunchy

Edited by Crunchy

I just don't see the value in ROOR products - they are just so overpriced it's ridiculous

Aussie bongs are world class and cheap as chips - support your country and buy Aussie every time

Jimbo ;)

I don't see the value in a BMW.... they are just so over priced, my $11,990 Kia gets me from A-B just a good :sick

Yeah they are pretty pricey but have you smoked out of a pricey roor? they defiantly more enjoyable to smoke with than some cheap brass or ally number and I enjoy it so much more I was happy to pay the premium.... :toke:

But the one thing is, no matter which delivery system you choose we all get high :yahoo:

:sick

Interesting,

I actually had no idea that our standard Agung/MWP bongs were considered "Australian STyle".

I agree , that's kinda cool ;)

I've used those (#2 in the pic) style Bongs , both Agung and MWP for years now ... I prefer the smaller sized ones (for my lungs) , single chamber ... Durable (ish) , smooth , clean lines , easy to clean , cheap and effective. I think the last one I got was $18 ... bargain! ;) and the medium sized ones are only about $30-$40.

Although some Roors and other 'fancy' ones look way cool and probably perform alot better , I could never justify spending so much on a smoking implement.

Then again , If I were a rich man ... ? :yahoo: heheh.

I agree with Jimbo ... Support your local Bong manufacturers ... although , they might all be made in China anyway yeh? ... not sure about that.

Always hard to say goodbye to a long-time companion no doubt Crunchy ... Good luck with your next Bong and may it also last you many long years to come :)

Cheerz,

Budman :toke:

I agree with Jimbo ... Support your local Bong manufacturers ... although , they might all be made in China anyway yeh? ... not sure about that.

Budman :toke:

I know Agung and Waterfall are both Aussie made but MWP are from the good old US of A.

;)

oh and I've tried them all, waterfall are the strongest, MWP the lightest and Agung are just about everywhere :yahoo:

using a waterfall 'zonk titan' heavy duty 14" with 5mm glass, nice to clean and strong as they come. Only problem is its just a bit too big, a 10" or 12" version would be perfect :sick

I just have a simple Waterfall liquid pourer as a bong, yeah you can buy bongs in shops like Off ya Tree, they sell them as designer liquid pourers now.

but they are identical to real bongs, they have the chimney curb bowl and stem.

maybe if Cannabis gets legalised, i will pay a glass craftsman to create a designer bong for me, and i will paint wicked colorful patterns

when it comes to size/shape/capacity I love the aussie glass; wish it was "realy" aussie glass though but its all good I suppose; I exclusively use glass on glass but have never paid more than $80 for a piece.

love the little agung's hit like a champ but the glass is so thin and I dislike rubber grommets / bases; if u get em cheap its all good but the prices are getting a bit high in some places ($40+ for a small agung/mwp)