New to Cannabis

I wish you anti tobacco wingers would leave off, if someone wants to mix tobacco with their buds that is their choice, unless you are smoking it too then it is really none of your business.

Hypocritical thinking like that got Cannabis prohibited in the first place, people do not need to be told what is right for them, they need to be informed of the risks but given the right to decide for themselves and not be abused and derided for making what is essentially a personal choice much the same as smoking weed.

On topic:

I would advise a either joint or vapourizer for your first try of cannabis, they are both easier to take small tokes of than a bong and not as likely to give you coughing fits as a dry pipe.

:rolleyes:

Dude people are just recommending that people don't mix tobacco with pot. IF people still do it, thats cool. But tobacco is FAR worst for people than marijuana- far worst- and becoming addicted on it may cost people their lives in the long run, and lots of money in the short run (Imagine how much it costs a heavy pot + tobacco smoker to maintain their habbit).

Tobacco is highly addictive, while mixing some tobacco once or twice with pot likely won't cause any significant problems, mixing it on a regular basis in an otherwise non-tobacco smoking person, may cause the person to become quite addicted to the pot + tobacco combo. Of course such dual addicts, get listed statistically as primary pot smokers, so the pot gets blamed in effect for the addictiveness of the tobacco.

I admit I generally view people that feel they are "uncontrollably hooked" on weed as very weak willed, but people hooked on tobacco is a different story- I fully understand people being completely addicted to that cancer causing, heart attack inducing shit.

Im sure you will enjoy it alot, I dont know whether you will be more confident from smoking weed though, its not like alcohol, you will however find the whole world funny and its alot better doing it with someone else. I personally hate mixing with other stuff like tobacco, as suggested above it can be a bad idea for a number of reasons. I would also personally recommend the use of a vaporizer which has been known to get rid of alot of the respiratory problems associated with smoking.

Hey Mate,

Already a heap of great responses here but thought I'd chuck in my 2 sense...

As far as how it affects you, there's 2 ways really - high or stoned.. you'll notice alot of different types of weed will state how the affect you in this way... Sativa weed generally get's you more high, whilst Indica generally get's you more stoned, however if your not growing yourself most people you buy from probably won't have a clue exactly what types they are selling.

Moving along.. for me personally it also depends how you smoke it.. a bong get's me more high whilst a J is a more stoned feeling.

Stoned - This is like been a couch potato really haha... you'll feel lazy, relaxxxxeeddd to the absolute maximum, quite often can get you sleepy, if your not too lazy to eat HAHA you do often get the munchies and feel like eating things.. additionally no matter if high or stoned, everything tastes better and most things feel better.. your bed, the couch, etc.. you've just got a enhanced sense of feel and taste especially.

High - There's a few things here similar to been stoned but the main difference is you generally don't feel quite as lazy, sleepy, etc.. definitely get alot more giggly, also might have a small trip out or zone out completely, it's somewhat of a euphoric feeling, you just feel happy, good, again often you'll get the munchies.

Alot of people have given really good advice here... to re-iterate some...

1. Make sure you have munchies... trust me, you will be killing to snack out.

2. Company is great!!! If you have mates who like it too.. better yet again, being high with a bunch of people is fantastic you all have a great laugh.

3. If not.. TV... try to stay away from super serious shows... some are okayyy... but typically it brings you down a bit and kills your vibe a little.

4. Music is good too, always good to vibe to some good tunes.

5. Games can be a hell of alot of fun too.. get the PS3, Xbox or whatever out and tear that shiet up =P

Finally.. don't stress, try to relax. Overall you do honestly lose a bit of control when you have it in the sense that you can't just stop the effect of it, but for the most part your still just you, you still have control of what you do and you wont act like an idiot or do anything silly unless you want to.

As people have already said too.. just try a small amount first and slowly increase.. depending how you smoke it - especially with a bong can often take a few mins or more to really feel the full effect so don't rush.. have a puff n chill for 5 or 10, eventually you'll find your sweet spot and know what you need to get you there, but overall weed isn't that bad... so far as I know the worst you can do is green out which you'll be pretty sick... but it's not that easy to do as far as I'm concerned.

Hope this helps a lil and if you have any other questions always ask, I haven't been on the forums in a while but all the guys here are very supportive whether your trying or growing or whatever, they all help and give good solid advice.