My first Successful clone

Hey all, I have successfuly cloned my baby plant since I topped her, it's been 2 weeks since i put the stem in a jiffy pellet, although it was a very slow wait, the leaves never wilted once and it looks pretty healthy, some very slight burning of the very tips of some leafletts but the overall leaves are fine. The roots never showed through the peat moss untill just recently although i only noticed the roots appearing today, i would assume they pushed through 2 or so days ago?

now that the root system is established, how long should i keep this clone this way before transplanting into some soil mix? it's only about 8-10cm tall, should i wait for some new growth or put it in a pot now so the roots can grow some more

general info: daily mist with water at least twice a day, occasionally spraying the jiffy pellet and leaves with seasol mixed in the water

it stayed in my seed raiser dome, indoors close to a window.

post-36943-1260193906_thumb.jpg

post-36943-1260193913_thumb.jpg

well done mate,the clone looks perfect.

do not stress about the leaf tips,its normal.

now its rooted i would stop misting it because you will mess the leaves up.you will get a drying out effect if you keep spraying

you only need to mist it untill its rooted like that

i would pot it up right now if it was mine & i would go easy on how much water i gave it,its so easy to over-water when they are that small.

all the best BB

now that the root system is established, how long should i keep this clone this way before transplanting into some soil mix? it's only about 8-10cm tall, should i wait for some new growth or put it in a pot now so the roots can grow some more

You probably got about 2 weeks max. Those lovely white roots will turn brown if they can't keep growing and the clone will start to go downhill.

Good effort and good post ^_^

Welcome to the wonderful world of 'cloning' Astro :) Congratulations

They probably struggled due to "not enough lumi's" (light).

It's all a balance RO, light, & moisture

Once the roots are out you want to go subterranean asap. roots are below the surface for many reasons. One being that roots and light don't mix well. Clones will take full nutes (ec =1.8-2.0) so feed them up and watch them veg for a period . They are ready for 12/12 at any time of your choosing ^_^

^_^

Nitty.

i dont know what nutes to get for vegging, there are so many damn choices it's stupid! i've seen alot of people using canna so which ones shuold i get for soil and outdoors

i also have no EC or pH meters at this stage, they do seem like a worth while investment but i dont know which ones to get either, i see you can get your $8 kits, the $30 or $40 ones then u get serious with $200 (not like i'm going that deep though)

has some generic ones should i get these or are there ones you should recommend